Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #513
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Haha, I occasionally read there tweets and replies; when OS or anything Sim is mentioned, I can almost hear them saying "not them F'ers again", lol. I have finally accepted we are not the ones that butter their toast, it's MUT and tourney guys who prefer more control over realism and organic gameplay.

When the devs were talking about more passes missing targets, you all should have read the the outcry. Another example penalties, the outcry the game shouldn't determine them, because it's not right to lose a tourney or ranked game on a penalty.

It goes on and on. After several videos passes are always on target, no penalties, and instead of broadcast presentation we get Tiburon presentation which is sad.

I appreciate Rex and what appears to be a passion to make Madden realistic, but then we see the near final result and shake our heads and say maybe next year.
I know that it's been said Ad nauseam, but all the more reason for the game to have sim and causal/tourney settings. They're trying to cater to everyone with the same game play that mixes a little realism with a lot of arcade and honestly that's their biggest problem.

They should give us options to add things like penalties in our game for people who want to see them and let those who don't want to see them keep them the way they currently are or turn them off altogether. Do that and I guarantee everyone will be a little happier.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #514
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I know that it's been said Ad nauseam, but all the more reason for the game to have sim and causal/tourney settings. They're trying to cater to everyone with the same game play that mixes a little realism with a lot of arcade and honestly that's their biggest problem.

They should give us options to add things like penalties in our game for people who want to see them and let those who don't want to see them keep them the way they currently are or turn them off altogether. Do that and I guarantee everyone will be a little happier.
That's one of the things The Show does so well. They add and change things, but they leave the old in if people like them (unless it's just useless anymore then it's removed) but they leave old in for the people that use it. EA needs to add settings for casual/tourney and separate for Sim. And allow people to choose. Don't just change the game around and that's it. What you put out is there, there's no choice in anything.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #515
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Haha, I occasionally read there tweets and replies; when OS or anything Sim is mentioned, I can almost hear them saying "not them F'ers again", lol. I have finally accepted we are not the ones that butter their toast, it's MUT and tourney guys who prefer more control over realism and organic gameplay.

When the devs were talking about more passes missing targets, you all should have read the the outcry. Another example penalties, the outcry the game shouldn't determine them, because it's not right to lose a tourney or ranked game on a penalty.

It goes on and on. After several videos passes are always on target, no penalties, and instead of broadcast presentation we get Tiburon presentation which is sad.

I appreciate Rex and what appears to be a passion to make Madden realistic, but then we see the near final result and shake our heads and say maybe next year.
Very real post. We ALL need to accept that Madden is never going to the game we want. It's not for us, no matter how much they want to convince us it is. The game is developed from the top down. They throw us bones to keep us interested. We either play Madden ball, or nothing. It's fun and interesting to talk about the game on here, but realistically, it's just discussion, it will not result in the Madden we want.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #516
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I agree with your post, yet to the bold, presentation is not on Rex, Mike Young runs that, I believe. I forget the specific stream, I think it's from M12, Young comes right out to say that they know we don't want their version of presentation, we want what we see on tv, this was after trying "beyond broadcast" for some time, then in M13 they seemingly go right back to it. Let me clarify I'm referring specifically to camera angles because they seem to be at least adopting real network overlays, wipes and other elements, they just seem to have some odd obsession with "video game" camera shots.

It so odd the way they talk about emulating a CBS broadcast right up until they start referring to "capturing the emotion of the game", then they segue into NFL films. The NFL films cinematography should be utilized in Madden for Superbowl/end of game montages, player highlights for the draft, end of the year awards, etc, not for "broadcasting" general game play. I had hoped with the new consoles ability to broadcast/stream game play, that would encourage Tiburon to go away from the artistic broadcast in Madden but apparently not.
Presentation was under Mike Young but now it's under Brian Murray. I'm interested to see where Brian takes it compared with what Young did. I know Brian was heavily involved with 15 but we may not see his true vision for presentation until 16 or so. A lot of times the first year a developer joins a company, they seem to slowly implement themselves and their vision.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #517
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

What's so sad about this is I got Madden 08 for PC yesterday. I got new rosters and I even downloaded a mod were you have cbs, espn MDF, Fox, and NBC intro music and graphic stuff on the score board. How is it that easy for moders to give me something more authentic than madden? They don't want to do what would make it a authentic tv presentation. They want it to be EA presentation.

They just need to do what NCAA basketball 10 did but, I don't think they will.

What I don't understand is why they get real announcers but, then do their own presentation. Might as well get actors if you not going to do the real networks tv presentation.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #518
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
What's so sad about this is I got Madden 08 for PC yesterday. I got new rosters and I even downloaded a mod were you have cbs, espn MDF, Fox, and NBC intro music and graphic stuff on the score board. How is it that easy for moders to give me something more authentic than madden? They don't want to do what would make it a authentic tv presentation. They want it to be EA presentation.

They just need to do what NCAA basketball 10 did but, I don't think they will.

What I don't understand is why they get real announcers but, then do their own presentation. Might as well get actors if you not going to do the real networks tv presentation.
The crappy reason is that it's all about licensing. Modders can create those things and release it with relatively no sanctions. But EA being a company HAS to acquire licensing or rights in order to use the sounds or logos or likenesses what so ever.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #519
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
The crappy reason is that it's all about licensing. Modders can create those things and release it with relatively no sanctions. But EA being a company HAS to acquire licensing or rights in order to use the sounds or logos or likenesses what so ever.
EA has had the ESPN license since about 05 (iirc)...but the sad part is EA wants to shove their "vision" of presentation instead of using ESPN and giving us what we see during their TV broadcast.

The CBS stuff does look interesting so far this year,but afaik EA doesn't have any sort of license with CBS (correct me if I'm wrong) so as nice as some of the presentation elements look,it will still have EA's "vision" of presentation scattered about.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #520
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
EA has had the ESPN license since about 05 (iirc)...but the sad part is EA wants to shove their "vision" of presentation instead of using ESPN and giving us what we see during their TV broadcast.

The CBS stuff does look interesting so far this year,but afaik EA doesn't have any sort of license with CBS (correct me if I'm wrong) so as nice as some of the presentation elements look,it will still have EA's "vision" of presentation scattered about.
And you hit it right there. They DO have licenses. They just CHOOSE not to use them. The problem is because of the exclusive license with the NFL, us fans can't CHOOSE another game other than EA's. and THAT'S wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »