Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #465
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakinggood
Has the game gone gold yet?
could have, but if not, I say by next Saturday it does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #466
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
What happened to the "montages" that were supposed to happen as the game progressed, it has me a little consurned those might have gotten cut. Granted we only saw one half of each game though.
If the montages were cut Ill be ok with it ONLY IF it's because Brian cut them in favor of his more authentic look.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #467
Banned

I just gotta say, after looking at those screenshots of the top players they've released... those player models and detail are AWESOME! Absolutely stunning.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #468
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm probably showing my age here....but for some reason this sticks out in my mind.

"It takes more than a coat of paint to make it at thunder road"
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #469
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I just gotta say, after looking at those screenshots of the top players they've released... those player models and detail are AWESOME! Absolutely stunning.

Agreed. The graphics are just plain nuts. Can't argue with that. But that makes you wonder even more why the heck they WOULDN'T want to have more tight shots on the players. Why in the heck would they NOT want to show off something that looks that incredible???

I just don't know.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #470
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's what the problem is, people aren't allowed to have their own opinion on here unless it goes along with the majority. If that other game didn't have Berman and espn I can easily see M15's being as good if not better.
But there's the problem! The other game had Berman and ESPN. We know EA has both of those resources (ESPN ability and broadcast commentator availability). EA could go above and beyond, not just with a half time show, but so much more presentation-wise.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #471
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
let's not be overly dramatic. Everyone here is allowed to have their own opinion and you of all people exercise that right continually. Not everyone agrees on the quality of the Madden title and there shouldn't be any surprise in that.
Yeah, everyone posts their own opinion here, but if you post something too positive your raked through the coals for pages. If you post a negative opinion, you get thanked and high fived like there's no tomorrow. Guess misery loves company.

There was a comment yesterday I think about how they couldn't believe the devs weren't monitoring this thread to put out the fire. They do monitor this thread, but if anyone on here were a dev, would they want their presence known? I know I wouldn't. I'm not a dev, and can't stand to read this forum the majority of the time. The negativity here is just ridiculous. Some is warranted, but some of it is most certainly not.

I'm an older gamer. I loved 2K5 and still have it. I've hated on EA probably more than most here. I want competition and want this game to improve quickly. The sad thing is, some can't give credit where it's due. This game looks to be a ton better than 25 (still has many issues).

I had a friend comment on something about Madden 15 the other day. It was a total ignorant statement. I immediately asked him if he'd been to OS. He quickly responded yes. I said, don't bother to visit the forum if you want to know anything but mostly biased opinions and false agendas. This doesn't mean everyone that has issues with the game. I have plenty. However, I do like what I'm seeing from 15. Will the upgrades give me more than my usual 2 weeks worth of play before I hate the game? Hopefully, but I won't know until its in my hands.

Rant over. I'm sure there are some that will want to bring the torches and pitchforks. That's fine. I have an opinion like anyone else, and I won't sway, rollover, or get pushed around because of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #472
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I agree but that poster said he can't see how it's even subject to opinion.
2+2=4

Let's use that as a baseline for the argument.

That other game had replays, many replays, from beginning to end using a broadcast camera angle. There was also commentary breaking down the individual stats for each team.

Those two things...those two simple things...are not in Madden 15. In Madden 15 you have zoomed in replays that don't show you the full development of a play. You don't have commentary going over the stats for each team.

That's what videogame football halftime shows consist of. Highlights and stat analysis. And EA still hasn't gotten there yet.

See? I took opinion out of it and just compared both halftime shows using factual information. 2+2=4 is not subject to opinion, just as the comparisons made above were done so using facts, not subject to opinion.

The original poster I quoted, it may be his opinion that "less is more". He's entitled to that opinion. But factually speaking, that other game is much more accurate to a real broadcast because of the things mentioned earlier.

That's the long explanation of something that I thought was pretty self explanatory when I originally posted...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »