Home

Madden NFL 15 - Top Strong Safeties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 - Top Strong Safeties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-02-2014, 04:22 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Top Strong Safeties

Troy isn't the Troy of old, hence the reason he's 93. If he was, he'd deserve a 99+ overall rating. He was a special player in his prime.

Individually, he had a good year last year, despite what's being said by those who are misinformed or what is perceived by the public who are simply listening to those who are misinformed. Yes he's regressed. Significantly, in fact. That's what being on the wrong side of 30 does to you unfortunately. Even a significantly regressed Polamalu is a top tier safety in the NFL but. That's how good of a player he is. It's not hard to see if you watch him every single week.

He was one of the few bright spots on an embarrassing Steelers defense last season. If not for him, we would've generated zero turnovers and very few splash plays. Ryan Clark had a disgusting season, and many of his gaffs were attributed to others, or at the very least made others look bad. He was dreadful, hence the reason we made no attempt to retain him and simply waved goodbye, despite the fact he was well respected and well liked. He had many top notch seasons with us, but last year he fell off the wagon completely. He was God awful. Polamalu's game, amongst others (Ike Taylor notably), suffered immensely because of it. Still, Troy was a tremendous asset to the defense, despite the fact he was moved from SS to ILB because no one was getting the job done besides Timmons after Foote was lost for the year week 1. I bet those saying he's not a top 5 safety and making ridiculous claims such as "he's just serviceable" had no idea he played the back half of the year at ILB and solely in the box taking on blockers, etc. What safety willingly makes that change for the good of the team, knowing full well the negative impacts it's going to have on their individual game? A better question would be, what safety CAN make that change, yet still be able to make plays and force turnovers and positively influence a floundering defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #26
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Troy is still really good despite his aging. Not the same player he was, but still one of the better safeties in the league. Well deserved rating. If anyone doesn't deserve their rating, its Reshad Jones. But I think he's getting some love from the great season he had 2 years ago, so it's pretty justified.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1
Finally a steeler!
Old 08-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Lets be honest, Polamalu is not what he use to be and this is EA giving him a respect rating. This guy should be barely in the top 10. I think he should be around an 87.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
Troy Polamalu is a 93 I think he kind of fell off last year and they rate him a 93 do others believe like me that a 93 is a bit to high for him
I also agree that Troy isn't the player he used to be and shouldn't be rated so highly.

I like the rest of the list, though.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #30
Rookie

IIITRE's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzyOG
Eric Berry should be over Ward and Polomalu
TJ. Ward got the moving to popular team treatment just like Carr did when he went to Cowboys. TJ ward isn't close to Berry's skill set.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #31
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Polamalu at #2 is hilarious. He's not top 5 anymore. This is purely a name recognition rating.

Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #32
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
Troy Polamalu is a 93 I think he kind of fell off last year and they rate him a 93 do others believe like me that a 93 is a bit to high for him
I think he deserves it. The Steelers had very poor linebacker depth due to injury last year, and that's where Troy spent most of his time. He even sometimes lined up in a three point stance on the d line. And, he was still pretty productive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »