Home

Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

This is a discussion on Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #121
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboy™
can we finally get a authentic Madison Square Garden ?
They haven't had the rights to MSG in the past, don't know for 2K15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #122
Pro

jpshua15's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

Nobody goes to the store and is like "Oh, Pharrell is doing the soundtrack for 2k15? Looks like I have to buy it"

Not mad at the choice, I'd just rather have 2k focus on the more important problems about the game

Fictional Draft Classes
PSN: shuab15
2015/#1: Fictional DC 1 (2015)
2016/#2:
2017/#3:
2018/#4:
2019/#5:

Official FDC Website: http://nba2k15fdc.wix.com/nba2k15fdc
Old 07-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #123
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpshua15
Nobody goes to the store and is like "Oh, Pharrell is doing the soundtrack for 2k15? Looks like I have to buy it"

Not mad at the choice, I'd just rather have 2k focus on the more important problems about the game
I'll never understand posts like this. Mike Wang isn't picking Pharrell to do the soundtrack to the game. None of the gameplay designers are involved with this, so how exactly are they not focusing on more important problems with the game by doing this?
Old 07-27-2014, 08:54 PM   #124
Pro

jpshua15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I'll never understand posts like this. Mike Wang isn't picking Pharrell to do the soundtrack to the game. None of the gameplay designers are involved with this, so how exactly are they not focusing on more important problems with the game by doing this?
It just seems like they promote all of this casual stuff and focus on things like locker codes and diamond legends etc ... seems like they ignore the real issues. We'll see come october tho, I'm hoping they make some fixes.

I mean, why is it even on the cover?

Fictional Draft Classes
PSN: shuab15
2015/#1: Fictional DC 1 (2015)
2016/#2:
2017/#3:
2018/#4:
2019/#5:

Official FDC Website: http://nba2k15fdc.wix.com/nba2k15fdc
Old 07-27-2014, 08:57 PM   #125
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
I don't agree with his post on this particular matter but it's not about what Mike Wang does or doesn't... it's about budget. How much money do you allow to each departments. If Pharrell costs 10 million dollars then that's 10 millions that doesn't go to say the gameplay department (to get maybe more employes, a better structure, more equipment, a new technology etc).

Last edited by Vni; 07-27-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #126
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I don't agree with his post on this particular matter but it's not about what Mike Wang does or doesn't... it's about budget. How much money do you allow to each departments. If Pharrell costs 10 million dollars then that's 10 millions that doesn't go to say the gameplay department (to get maybe more employes, a better structure, more equipment, a new technology etc).
This still doesn't make sense because it doesn't take into account the amount of money they're making to be able to spend on this. We haven't heard that they're cutting budget on anything so why would the assumption be that those departments aren't getting proper funds? And as I've already mentioned to one person, you don't know what they're paying these people to be apart of the game. We don't even know what the starting budget for a game such as this is in the first place to even make a guess on how much his potential fee is affecting the budget.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:20 PM   #127
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
This still doesn't make sense because it doesn't take into account the amount of money they're making to be able to spend on this. We haven't heard that they're cutting budget on anything so why would the assumption be that those departments aren't getting proper funds? And as I've already mentioned to one person, you don't know what they're paying these people to be apart of the game. We don't even know what the starting budget for a game such as this is in the first place to even make a guess on how much his potential fee is affecting the budget.
No we don't know anything, it was just exemples. But what they spent on Pharrell they didn't spend it on anything else and they don't have unlimited funds. That's all we know.

Like I said I don't agree with jpshua15 but I just don't agree either with the 'It doesn't affect Mike Wang or gameplay developpers' argument either.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:55 AM   #128
Rookie

Seriously had to look up the definition to curate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »