Home

Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

This is a discussion on Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #89
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

Am not impressed with marketing at 2kSports, to think of it I never was, I always bought their products from merits and familiarity...

Their work overall is good but selling the product to the consumers, yea...... not so good...

Why announced ''Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack'' with so minimal info.... you see what it causes with an already divided 2k community in this thread???? It raises more questions than excitement or interest

Why? 2k has s habits of announcing announcements , and this clearly irritates more than excites their users

Now we have information as 'most songs ever' over shadowed by ''I hope happy isn't on that list''

How could this had been avoided? Just release more complete information, u don't have it now, then wait until you do and for gosh sake don't release an announcement about .''We have awesome announcement coming soon'' so thank you 2k for not taking that route with this one

But still this announcement could have waited for track list and more details to be available and released at the same time...Ronnie2k and Chris Manning am looking at you bros , don't over hype announcements of announcements you did us wrong last year, and we didn't appreciated it, so most of us are still a bit bitter, but we are still around so that is saying something

As for me soundtrack is not that of a big concern to me if I like a track, cool if I don't I turn it off, simple so Jay Z, Pharrell, Lebron its all good to me

Ps I had to Google the meaning of CURATE
Game On

Last edited by kolanji; 07-16-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #90
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
Why? 2k has s habits of announcing announcements , and this clearly irritates more than excites their users

Now we have information as 'most songs ever' over shadowed by ''I hope happy isn't on that list''

How could this had been avoided? Just release more complete information, u don't have it now, then wait until you do and for gosh sake don't release an announcement about .''We have awesome announcement coming soon'' so thank you 2k for not taking that route with this one
Or maybe the some in the community shouldn't flip out over the possible inclusion of a single song that likely could be disabled if it were included and you didn't like it. I think most people could've cared less if Happy was on the soundtrack or not.

These things are relatively trivial. Some are going to try to make mountains out of molehills regardless of anything. People shouldn't need every.little.thing. explicitly explained to them or they're going to go off on their own tangent - imo (not saying you need it btw - just saying)

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 07-16-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #91
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Steve tweeted that Happy WILL NOT be on 2k15 soundtrack 👍😃
Thank the good Lord!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #92
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
So, the main question(s) I have is:

Can I wear his hat in MyCareer? And will it be free to wear?
Nothing's free in this game. I was afraid that if Happy was on the soundtrack, it'd cost 5,000 VC to turn it off.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #93
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Or maybe the some in the community shouldn't flip out over the possible inclusion of a single song that likely could be disabled if it were included and you didn't like it. I think most people could've cared less if Happy was on the soundtrack or not.

These things are relatively trivial. Some are going to try to make mountains out of molehills regardless of anything. People shouldn't need every.little.thing. explicitly explained to them or they're going to go off on their own tangent - imo (not saying you need it btw - just saying)

Ok fair enough, but both side of the coin is to blame here, if you can somewhat agree with me on that...2k marketing can use some work though... and we can be a bit nit picky on here..soooo. Yea efforts on both sides would be noice (in Da_Czar's voice)
Old 07-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #94
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22

I don't think people are necessarily annoyed by the news itself, but moreso by what 2k thinks is newsworthy. Why bother announcing who is picking the soundtrack? Like you said, it's trivial, so why even say anything about it?
Old 07-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #95
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
2k marketing can use some work though... and we can be a bit nit picky on here..soooo. Yea efforts on both sides would be noice (in Da_Czar's voice)
Agreed on both counts

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #96
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I don't think people are necessarily annoyed by the news itself, but moreso by what 2k thinks is newsworthy. Why bother announcing who is picking the soundtrack? Like you said, it's trivial, so why even say anything about it?
Shouldn't need to be explained but...

What's trivial in my opinion is the people saying they're going to poke their ears out if a particular song is included on the soundtrack. There's no sense in anyone getting too bent out of shape over the inclusion of one song, particularly when songs can be disabled so you don't have to listen to it. Even in the years where people say the soundtracks were great, I'm sure it's not like every single song was loved/could be listened to over and over.

The news that Pharrell's doing the soundtrack isn't some non-announcement. And they're obviously going to leverage the news from a marketing standpoint. In the bigger scheme of things the soundtrack isn't going to make or break the game, but it's a cool addition and a nice get for them. Getting a big name producer to do the soundtrack isn't trivial.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »