Home

Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #49
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
While yes I can agree that it is a total overrating as far as numbers seem to go. However, the numbers they use seem to go fairly in line with what a player could do in real life in terms of speed. It seems like they travel 40 yards in the right amount of time as compared to 40s for the most part. Yes, some of the technical skills are overrated across the board, but physically, I think Madden is pretty close on most players.
I have to humbly disagree. IMO they have overrated speed and other physical traits for years. They usually don't even go by the same 40 time equals speed rating that they used for years with rookies in their draft classes and the recruits in NCAA.

And just to be clear I still like Madden. Warts and all. I'm looking forward to this game. It's a day one digital buy for me. I just get frustrated that they make things worse with some of the things they do to please players, EA, and some fans with these ratings. I know from experience the game plays better and more realistic with more toned down and realistic ratings.

Last edited by charter04; 07-21-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Something tells me that whoever fifth on the list is tomorrow is going to cause a big debate. I am sure most everyone can agree that Manning, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees are the top four (in any order you want to put them) but that fifth spot is pretty up for grabs IMO.

As for the rookies, it looks like Mack is going to be a Von Miller type within no time in CFM mode.

I am glad I don't play in a lot of ranked matches where default rosters are mandatory, these ratings really aren't close at all
rodgers manning brees brady luck
Old 07-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #51
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Ratings again too high, maybe...I really question the effects of player ratings to begin with, and think it is all or mostly all about slider settings....

I would like to see more true ratings based on true data, and if that data is available through a webpage like FBGamers - then they should be used....

I really, want another video that starts with a complete detailed walk through of the slider system, HUM, CPU and Penalty, and how the act, react, interact, depend on, etc. anything and everything in the game...

At this point, for example, I can tune and fine tune pass blocking by using the "Pass Block" slider, which also has an effect on QB accuracy, which would make sense in a pure time to throw manner, but I think Pass Block rating may go farther than that; but then according to a number of people who have studied sliders, I can further adjust how my Pass blocking or blocking in general produces through penalty sliders such as "False Start," "Offside," and "Clipping."

SO lets get this thing nailed down; and for at least CPU sliders, "Punt Accuracy," is actually "K.O. Power," and "K.O. Power," is actually "Punt Accuracy." Lets get this worked out damnit....

Sorry I digressed from pure ratings, but hell, sliders or ratings, same difference....shake my head...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

One of the things about ratings is how EA manipulates overalls by adjusting individual attributes.

My go to example is Joe Flacco. Look back a few seasons ago and check his arm strength. Then check it after he won SB MVP. Then check what it was on the last update this past season.

Has his arm strength changed? Of course not. EA raises or lowers his THP to achieve a desired overall. Of course they do this for several players, I just cite Joe because I am a Ravens fan and his overall fluctuates frequently. Ray Rice's speed is another example.

EA/Moore have a preconceived overall in mind for each player so they tweak attributes to reach that goal or.

This is bad for two reasons.
First it is manipulation and I don't like that. Second it should tell them there is a problem with Madden's ratings if when they give guys what they believe to be accurate ratings does not result in accurate results.

Hopefully the new change in gameplay mindset will lead to a change in rating philosophy.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #53
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I really feel that all the warm fuzzy I got from the LiveStream video the other day, has just been destroyed by the fact that the ratings are gonna be the same over-rated, useless numbers.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #54
Rookie

Hobbes217's Arena

OVR: 7

I might be the odd one out but I actually support these "high" ratings. First off I'm sure EA wants the top players rated fairly high otherwise they wouldn't be as fun to play with. If Manziel was a 66 and Clowney was a 71 there would be very little hype for the rookie class and the game. Also higher ratings give the players more of an impact. We all know that rookies (some, not all) are going to excel and going to make a huge difference for their teams this year, we just can't always predict who. Other than free agency, without the draft there's not much else to shake up the rosters from year to year.

Also there were 256 players drafted and probable a few dozen more UDFA that will make rosters this year. If only 13 rookies are rated 78+ that's only 5% of the new class making it into the upper 70s and being impact starters in the game.

Also it could be worse. Remember when Reggie Bush came out as a 87 OVR?

Old 07-21-2014, 09:48 PM   #55
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
OMG these ratings are atrocious again. In what world would any OL have an acceleration that high if you are using real data?

In fact, did you know that the average NFL player actually averages a higher SPD rating (top end velocity) than ACC rating (initial velocity as defined by the game)? This continued over-inflation of OVR ratings and attributes must stop. This stuff keeps ruining the game and the developers' credibility, IMO.

I KNOW we aren't supposed to do this but "the guy" that does the ratings hasn't got a clue and with the way my Bears depth chart looks, year in and year out I wonder if he has ever seen chicagobears.com or csn Chicago? I have tweeted him changes some years and NOTHING ever gets corrected. I am willing to bet money that the "Czar" will have Josh Morgan or Eric Weems, or maybe even Armanti Edwards listed as our 3rd (slot)WR instead of Marquess Wilson.

I see many tweets in my future.

And another thing. With all the negative feedback and flack that this guy and EA get about the ratings, I wonder if they have ever thought about changing the method? I wonder if they have ever played a game of Madden with FBG ratings? I wonder if they have ever tested something else while in development?

I wonder if they realize that soo many people believe their game plays sooo much better WITHOUT their inflated home grown ratings?

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 07-21-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #56
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Dan, the guy who runs FBG ratings had an interview for that job and they asked if he would alter ratings if an EA exec wanted him to for different reasons. I believe that is the reason he didn't take or whatever. They know all about his site. I just think these ratings have become a monster that won't change. I think they don't want to offend players too much. People look at them like it's the official ratings. I'm not even sure he he uses the scouting data that FBG ratings uses that costs a lot of money to get. Stuff NFL teams use. I mean does anyone think NFL teams get their data from NFL.com?

Last edited by charter04; 07-21-2014 at 10:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »