Home

Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It

This is a discussion on Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-18-2014, 12:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
I still play NFL 2K5, animations are still better IMO
Old 07-18-2014, 01:07 PM   #10
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Still own my copy of 2K5. Could never sell it.
Not sure if I even have a console which can play it at this point but I still own a copy as well. Haven't played it any time recently, but it's the principle of the matter.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
How dare you bad-mouth Sonic Adventure. :-P
Fun nostalgia trip though.
I enjoyed running through the beach and outracing the whale, like we all did back then, but then the animals started talking, and then the levels started becoming more focused on patient 3D exploration (with a camera that wasn't up to the task), instead of pure downhill speed.

Sonic Adventure 2 basically repeated the same mistakes, starting you with an awesome runaway truck sequence, and then immediately throwing you into some tedious treasure hunts.

Quote:
Not sure if I even have a console which can play it at this point but I still own a copy as well. Haven't played it any time recently, but it's the principle of the matter.
2K3 and 2K5 are playable on the Xbox 360, but they don't look as nice or run as well as they do on an original Xbox, due to the fact that they are being emulated whenever you play them on an Xbox 360.

All sports fans should own the original Xbox IMO, since the system only cost about $20 these days, will still connect to most modern TVs via component, and it has so many awesome game franchises that don't exist anymore, like MVP Baseball, MLB Slugfest, NHL Hitz, NFL Blitz, NBA Street, NFL Street, Sega Soccer Slam, Aggressive Inline, Dave Mirra BMX, et al.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-18-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0
Still better than Madden.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #13
Banned

I wish I had my original copy of NFL2k5. Still the best sports game of all time. I wish they would have made comparisons of all the football games at that time. Gosh I just miss the different football games. Gameday (WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY FUN TO PLAY), NFL FEVER, Blitz, NFL2k and Madden. Put there pro and cons year by year starting at the year 2001. I promise you 2k will beat out all of them, but it will not be by much because each game brought something different to the table. I just wish there was more competition. Why can't the NFL just give the rights to TWO companies just for competition purposes.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #14
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
This is just beautiful. Each NFL 2k was great and then NFL 2k5 shocked me. The graphics and movement was ridiculously amazing for its time. It still has better animations than Madden. I played that and NBA 2k5 all damn day.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 1
After madden continues to drop the ball(pun intended) i would love to see 2k come back stronger than ever when those idiots at EA decide to let someone compete with them. The fact that they bought out the NFL's rights just shows how bad their product is. I love football and yes i will buy madden because thats my only choice but the day 2k comes back, i will have forgotten EA even exists.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbeast08
After madden continues to drop the ball(pun intended) i would love to see 2k come back stronger than ever when those idiots at EA decide to let someone compete with them. The fact that they bought out the NFL's rights just shows how bad their product is. I love football and yes i will buy madden because thats my only choice but the day 2k comes back, i will have forgotten EA even exists.
You know you're fueling EA sports by buying madden. Buy it used.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »