Home

Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madden

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #65
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by juduking
The previous Madden feature he is referring to is called Skills trainer. It is in Madden 25 next gen. You get MUT cards for getting gold on each drill. It teaches you how to use the control schemes of the game and some football basics. This "New" gauntlet mode is a more fleshed out version with a voice actor on top of it. Its nothing new to Madden

That voice actor is Carolina's Cam Newton.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #66
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
That voice actor is Carolina's Cam Newton.
JAYMEE it was my voice i just had a really bad cold that day LOL
Old 07-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If people have fun with this, all the power to them.

If not, the mode will be skipped and not seen again.

Options, right?

Heck, a few years ago Mascot Mode showed up in NCAA. Not something for me, but my 11 year old at the time thought it was the cats meow and played it non-stop.

Did we get our moneys worth? Yes.

I'll judge for myself when it's time.
As long as the drills are ruly optional and not required for CFM progression. This Gauntlet may be outside of CFM, but if the same type of drills are going to be required for CFM progression then we lose "optional". I'm all for options and I don't mind them adding the Gauntlet. Additions are not to be complained about as long as the additions are truly optional and don't force us down an unrealistic path.

I don't care at all about this Gauntlet, but I don't at all mind them adding it. I see this as something that many others will probably enjoy.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #68
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Polygon: Madden 15 wants to teach you about football

Quote:
Originally Posted by juduking
Keep tooting that horn brother. You are the exact type of gamer that EA and Tiburon loves because they can just shovel incremental improvements down our throats and call it a day.
I admit, I enjoy playing Madden NFL as it currently exists and I have no issue spending $60 on it each year. That's why I'm here on OS, to talk about Madden and play against other people in Madden. I never realized enjoying a video game was such a problem or made me a lesser person.

Quote:
I do respect your opinion
Yet you effectively just called me a proverbial "sheep" in the previous sentence. You sure? I don't mind if the answer is no, I appreciate honesty more than anything.

Quote:
I just fail to see the light of honest improvement from Tiburon when they have a very nasty track record that proves otherwise.
Then don't buy the game and don't pay attention to it if it doesn't meet your standards? I don't see what's so hard about that.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 07-12-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
As long as the drills are ruly optional and not required for CFM progression. This Gauntlet may be outside of CFM, but if the same type of drills are going to be required for CFM progression then we lose "optional". I'm all for options and I don't mind them adding the Gauntlet. Additions are not to be complained about as long as the additions are truly optional and don't force us down an unrealistic path.

I don't care at all about this Gauntlet, but I don't at all mind them adding it. I see this as something that many others will probably enjoy.
Different strokes I guess, but I'd actually prefer these drills to progress specific skills to whom exactly I want in CFM as opposed to just playing 11v11 full game against a generic practice squad (who often prove to be better than my starters).

Mainly because i think its nice to not have to play a game in between playing games in the regular season.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #70
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Polygon: Madden 15 wants to teach you about football

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
How is trying to teach gamers football strategy not honest improvement?
Very true, but if they are serious about teaching gamers football strategy then make videos about how to go about RFA/UFA, how to manage the cap, understanding dead money, basically everything that is needed to make franchise deeper. That way the hardcore NFL fan who wants to build a team it similar to real life can do so and the ****** gamers can learn to build their team like that as well.

If they don't want to, then we'll know they are a ****** NFL fan because any hardcore NFL Fan would want franchise to be as deep and realistic to real life as possible.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:21 PM   #71
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
You said Fun doesn't require realism. I say that's very subjective.
Pointless semantic bickering. The statement "fun doesn't require realism" does not rule out "realism is fun".

Quote:
Did you seriously just compare things that don't actually exist and are based on fantasy (sci-fi, fanatasy, medieval), to things that actually exist (sports)?

Of course things based on fantasy doesn't require realism. Last I checked traveling to other planets in spaceships to meet aliens doesn't actually exist. So of course those genres aren't going to be based on realism. You're trying to make comparisons between incredibly dissimilar genres.

I'm talking about SPORTS games. Based on something that actually exists. Specifically Madden. Why are you even mentioning genres so totally unrelated to Madden on a Madden board?
We're talking about video games, they all ultimately fall under the same umbrella. Once again, to use your words, fun is subjective. What you seemingly aren't allowing is that that statement necessarily goes both ways.

A sports game doesn't have to be realistic to be fun. Last I checked, NFL Blitz and NBA JAM are two of the most loved sports franchises to ever exist. To a lesser extent, people enjoyed Mutant League Football (which has high fantasy content), The Bigs, NBA / NFL / FIFA Street, and so on. Hell, some people want a Quidditch video game on account of how popular Harry Potter is. These games aren't realistic whatsoever, but I know virtually no one who would ever claim that those two games weren't enjoyable. Maybe you didn't enjoy any of them, in which case I hope you didn't waste your time with them, but many people did. Thus I've provided basis for the fact that sports games don't need realism for people to enjoy them and your blanket statement doesn't apply for everyone en masse. Fun is subjective, your statement doesn't apply to everyone.

As to rope this back around to being remotely on-topic, there's no problem with Madden's gauntlet having "boss battles", even though they aren't going to begin to approach realism. It's adding a gameplay scenario to a game purely for the enjoyment of the challenge using a set of already really solid gameplay mechanics. Why is there anything wrong with that? Does it really matter that the gauntlet isn't "sim"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardz23
Different strokes I guess, but I'd actually prefer these drills to progress specific skills to whom exactly I want in CFM as opposed to just playing 11v11 full game against a generic practice squad (who often prove to be better than my starters).

Mainly because i think its nice to not have to play a game in between playing games in the regular season.
Holy cow did you actually play an entire practice game instead of one of the other 9 choices that you had to choose from to get XP?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »