Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-29-2014, 09:14 PM   #113
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The only thing about that is it probably would bother me just as much, lol. With NBA 2k14's intros, everything I've seen in the intros I've seen in the game. Those animations are there and are possible in game. If they did that it would be like NCAA Football 14. Where they are basically just cutscenes where none of that is actually in game. It's better than using real footage I guess, but is still frustrating.
Have you seen the game on a bigger screen than phone size? Sorry if you already answered that question, but to me, I felt like once I saw the M15 videos on my tv, the animations and player movement looked quite a bit better.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:19 PM   #114
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Same thing I was saying to a friend of mine last week. That user choice element needs expansion. It's a small thing, but 2K5 did that well and it was very seamless and made a huge difference in terms of flow.

I feel like presentation is sort of just something that's been jammed into Madden "after the fact" so to speak. Whereas with other sports games like MLB The Show and 2K's sports games, it appears purposely integrated into it to where it flows naturally. At times in Madden you feel like a presentation element is about to make the game break or something. I remember Rich Grisham made a similar comment, and it was something I had been thinking for years but couldn't quite articulate.
Most of the game is made to cater the head 2 head and online gamer not a solo franchise player. This is why presentation is lacking.

No weekly highlight show - too difficult to get everyone's highlights on the show for everyone to watch
No in game updates - see above. Plus not everyone plays at the same time
Commentary - more focus on last year and real life stories than in your current franchise.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #115
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
The only thing about that is it probably would bother me just as much, lol. With NBA 2k14's intros, everything I've seen in the intros I've seen in the game. Those animations are there and are possible in game. If they did that it would be like NCAA Football 14. Where they are basically just cutscenes where none of that is actually in game. It's better than using real footage I guess, but is still frustrating.
I am wondering how ea will make these QB intros work for traded players, rookies, or drafted guys in cfm.

I'm not a huge fan of real life highlights or intros. Too much of the game is what you as the user does (especially in franchise mode) Not What happened in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #116
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Have you seen the game on a bigger screen than phone size? Sorry if you already answered that question, but to me, I felt like once I saw the M15 videos on my tv, the animations and player movement looked quite a bit better.
I saw the E3 presentation on my TV, and my desktop monitor is pretty large. They look to flow a little bit smoother, but this is something Tiburon has to change, doesn't matter what kind of TV or gaming device you have. Animations are just poor overall.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-29-2014, 09:39 PM   #117
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

I will also add this.

I hope they have a demo and I hope it's two other teams besides the 49ers and Seahawks. I'm tired of watching them.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:52 PM   #118
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
I saw the E3 presentation on my TV, and my desktop monitor is pretty large. They look to flow a little bit smoother, but this is something Tiburon has to change, doesn't matter what kind of TV or gaming device you have. Animations are just poor overall.
I understand, I was talking about the actual gameplay, watching that on a bigger screen, but overall yes the animations do have a lot of work left to be done. I just think they are focusing on the AI and elements of football, before they get to the animations, because simulation isn't the same without the intelligence to back it. It doesn't do any good for the game to look great and the players to move realistically, if the fundamentals aren't there and everyone behaves like cavemen. You have to have both, as long as were going to get both, I'm ok with them focusing on ai & fundamentals for now.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-29-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:41 PM   #119
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand, I was talking about the actual gameplay, watching that on a bigger screen, but overall yes the animations do have a lot of work left to be done. I just think they are focusing on the AI and elements of football, before they get to the animations, because simulation isn't the same without the intelligence to back it. It doesn't do any good for the game to look great and the players to move realistically, if the fundamentals aren't there and everyone behaves like cavemen. You have to have both, as long as were going to get both, I'm ok with them focusing on ai & fundamentals for now.
As long as they get it right when they focus. So far the things they've focused on have not been there yet. I'd rather them focus on everything and get it a little right, then focus on specifics and get a little right.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-29-2014, 10:55 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I will also add this.

I hope they have a demo and I hope it's two other teams besides the 49ers and Seahawks. I'm tired of watching them.
It's already been confirmed that the demo will feature 49ers vs Seahawks. I heard it during an interview at E3. I'm fine with these 2 teams being that they're arguably the 2 best teams in the league. I just hope we get a full 5 minute quarter game with sliders included so we can really get a feel for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »