Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 19
skimmed through the video
game-play looks decent!!!
-what happend to the live sidelines that they talked about lat year? did they abandon this?
-penalties? come on EA, its about time they take this seriously!!!!!!
-graphics look nice, cant really complain about that
-commentary is improved but still lacks
-folks already mentioned the gang tackling

finally, 3 year plan really? tired of hearing that next year will be the year, with Madden football. forget that, every year they change direction, and they will do this again. it's a pattern. There is no follow through in development cycles with EA sports. I would bet that the development cycle is 1 year for new features. if they dont get it right they move on for the next year. that's why certain things that are problematic in Madden has never improved significantly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #66
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It ain't JP's fault Tiburon makes him backtrack, lol. If they got their **** together faster he'd be around here looking like the man. He just believes what Tiburon and their gamechanger drones say. I think we all hope he's right in the end, but personally I don't see it happening.

Also the 3 year plan technically didn't start with Madden 12. Madden 12 was Ian's "baby". That was the culmination of everything he put into Madden. I start Cam's vision with Madden 13, so 15 is technically Cam's vision. Now Rex is here with his 3 year bull****, so his will be Madden 16. There's probably another dude in their that has a 3 year plan that's gonna come out next so his will be Madden 17. There's probably another guy there with a 3 year plan so his will be.............see where this is going..........
Cam Weber and Ian are in completely different positions. Cam is the GM of EA Football and actually has the capability and leadership supporting him and the team to make things happen. Ian probably had a similar plan, but I never heard Phil Frazier or anyone else talking about pushing for simulation football.

In the past nothing ever was built off of one title to the next, where was Pro Tak 2.0 or a second phase of any feature they added for that matter.

Going back even to M13, you can see they are clearly building of each title and improving upon the previous title, they had Infinity 2.0, this year there's Player Sense 2.0, they extended True Step beyond the ball carrier and Clint said he's working on it currently for CPU positions like the OL. They improved presentation greatly from last year, have kept adding lines for Nantz and Simms, since 13. The sidelines and crowd have improved since 25, players come off the bench now to congratulate their teammates, crowd audio is more responsive and aware of what's happening on the field.

The issue IMO is the rate of improvement, but unlike the past teams, this team is improving the game each year.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #67
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

That's was an insightful post Road and the way I read it was, "don't read too much into x year plans, the point is we have a vision and direction for the game year over year". Nothing wrong with that, seems like a bit of marketing or pep talk to assuage past concerns, like Road stated earlier BUT it also seems like JP or anyone else shouldn't be trying to use it as some kind of timeline conformation for Madden arriving.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 0

How many years does it take for a glass half full attitude to turn into plain naiveness? Not trying to be mean but it does kind of work on the nerves.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #69
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Cam Weber and Ian are in completely different positions. Cam is the GM of EA Football and actually has the capability and leadership supporting him and the team to make things happen. Ian probably had a similar plan, but I never heard Phil Frazier or anyone else talking about pushing for simulation football.

In the past nothing ever was built off of one title to the next, where was Pro Tak 2.0 or a second phase of any feature they added for that matter.

Going back even to M13, you can see they are clearly building of each title and improving upon the previous title, they had Infinity 2.0, this year there's Player Sense 2.0, they extended True Step beyond the ball carrier and Clint said he's working on it currently for CPU positions like the OL. They improved presentation greatly from last year, have kept adding lines for Nantz and Simms, since 13. The sidelines and crowd have improved since 25, players come off the bench now to congratulate their teammates, crowd audio is more responsive and aware of what's happening on the field.

The issue IMO is the rate of improvement, but unlike the past teams, this team is improving the game each year.
I have to agree that nothing was built off of with Ian's regime. Madden 11 imo was the biggest disappointment of last gen. 10 had alot of promise and they just caved.

Honestly I can't argue that the game isn't improving. We all have to play Madden 15 to see how much though. Maybe Madden 16 will be the 2k5 for Tiburon. I mean they started building with 2k3, 2k4 was a big jump, and then 2k5 was the culmination. Maybe the same will happen with EA/Tiburon. I just have to see it to believe it. Just hard to see it coming from Tiburon.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX
How many years does it take for a glass half full attitude to turn into plain naiveness? Not trying to be mean but it does kind of work on the nerves.

Meh, it doesn't really bother me.

I know what I like and want to see. If someone else thinks it's the an excellent effort or end product, so be it.

Some people are just naturally positive/idealistic/optimistic just as some are in the opposite vein. Some are just skeptical and have the past as their evidence and may not see any current information to change the trend, so their position remains.

There's also differing standards. Just as jp gets on your nerves, I probably get on people's nerves with what I want out of the game or what improvements I want to see.

Just the nature of the beast or the cost of doing business.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #71
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, it doesn't bother me, either.

It doesn't take much effort to bypass or not to respond, because it won't change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #72
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX
I just read it as coming from a character, not a real person. Have you ever noticed the character always talks about what everyone else is going to think. NOBODY else on this forum posts that way.

No person would want to repeatedly come off as a fool...but that's what we have here.
Not a person. A character. Treat it as such.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »