Home

NBA 2K15 to Feature Voice Acting From Many NBA Players in MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 to Feature Voice Acting From Many NBA Players in MyCAREER Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #65
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K15 to Feature Voice Acting From Many NBA Players in MyCAREER Mode

Waiting for the announcement that i can change sliders in mycareer... for quite a few yrs. And i dont care about voice acting, would be fine if nobody in that mode (main character included) ever had to speak. Rather have real depth to the game mode and not superficial cutscenes.

And when will they add the ability to sim any game instead of simming to next key game??

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

Last edited by friscob; 06-28-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #66
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

We shouldn't be worried about 2k wasting their resources on this...they have plenty of resources and different departments to handle every aspect of the game.

My worry is where all of their resources are leading this product that as a customer I have supported and enjoyed for so many years. For the first time at this point I'm not excited to buy this game. Before any little information I was looking for and waiting to cling to.

Not happening for me this year, whether I'm right or wrong hearing this just makes me feel like more scripted story lines in a mode that is supposed to be about MyPlayer. "Me" didn't feel like I was living through a 2k game and making my own story in 2k14. Felt more like I was borrowing MyPlayer in a game I bought and living out the way THEY wanted my career to go.

I want immersion, give me summer league, D-League and combine...let me play how I want to play. Right now with so many games coming out and of course VC at least for me this game is falling further and further off my radar.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #67
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm really concerned especially because it feels like they've jumped down this fantasy, scripted "role-playing" rabbit hole, but I don't want to completely give up hope on what has been a quality, stellar title in the past. Just hoping they find a happy medium that can cater to the more sim based crowd and this fantasy/"role playing" niche they've found with MyCareer.

Funny because just a decade ago some were interested in having these sort of elements in 2K, in particular with the old Sony NBA series having these scripted elements. Again, just hoping they find a very good balance.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 06-30-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #68
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
We shouldn't be worried about 2k wasting their resources on this...they have plenty of resources and different departments to handle every aspect of the game.

My worry is where all of their resources are leading this product that as a customer I have supported and enjoyed for so many years. For the first time at this point I'm not excited to buy this game. Before any little information I was looking for and waiting to cling to.

Not happening for me this year, whether I'm right or wrong hearing this just makes me feel like more scripted story lines in a mode that is supposed to be about MyPlayer. "Me" didn't feel like I was living through a 2k game and making my own story in 2k14. Felt more like I was borrowing MyPlayer in a game I bought and living out the way THEY wanted my career to go.

I want immersion, give me summer league, D-League and combine...let me play how I want to play. Right now with so many games coming out and of course VC at least for me this game is falling further and further off my radar.
After the mishaps and technical breakdowns of 14 i think worrying bout how they allocate their resources is reasonable. Time is the most precious resource that no development team has an endless supply of. Completely agree with your immersion points, nobody wants it to feel like its on rails

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 06-28-2014, 03:33 PM   #69
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

So I guess we're all going to be having the same careers again...I'll take text based with options over voice acting and one direction any day of the week.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

Really? Voice acting? 2K/VC release some info for their next game and it's about voice acting?

What about the existing issues, real issues? Do I really need to list them? I can't believe I'm saying this but if Live is decent enough I might actually buy it. I didn't buy 2K14 which is unusual considering I've bought every game since 2K6, because of the lack of modes and issues mentioned by other gamers.

Would love to see a company like HB Studios give it a Crack. And I hope EA Sports gives 2K a real run for their money!
...we held several meetings to discuss the future of the franchise. After going through those meetings, it became very clear that the vision I had for the game was different from where the leadership wanted to take it. I parted ways with EA shortly after...
Old 06-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #71
Rookie

Finess's Arena

OVR: 1
90% of the comments dislike this lol, do 2k even listen to the fans. Who asked for this in the first place? someone inside 2k most likely.

All I see is these voices are going to take up a lot of space and eventually they will have to salvage it or some other feature/extra just like last gen where they kept taking stuff out. Work on the core because it still needs tuning, this is like sesame seeds on a burger bun it's really not important to the burger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 05:00 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 0

MyCareerLOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »