Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Thats why:

Cake icing:

Wow! I remember this! It was awesome! What we have seen over the last few days doesn't even compare! There is no comparison!
Old 06-22-2014, 04:26 AM   #106
Banned

OVR: 7

Madden looks beautiful with flaws but with a few tweaks ill work with it. So far no info on Connected Carrers. Im still a little excited.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #107
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
PENALTIES! I didn't see.any penalties. I will bet a dollar to a donut that complete penalty representation will again be left out. Ridiculous.

I believe it was confirmed by EA that penalties were barely touched this year.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 06-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #108
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

I haven't read through the thread to hear what other people are saying, but it definitely looks like EA is using band aids to try to improve their defense. The visuals and presentation look better, visuals by far, but the field still looks wide open and defenders are jumping routes and dropping passes instead of making split second decisions and knocking the ball away. I feel like the game is going to be the same old game, with a couple improvements to coding on the defensive side of the ball. I'm not getting my hopes up for this Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2014, 01:18 PM   #109
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Madden looks beautiful with flaws but with a few tweaks ill work with it. So far no info on Connected Carrers. Im still a little excited.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
We are supposed to be getting info on it very soon.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #110
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay, Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't this at least be fixable with player edits? If they took the time to even just redo their own player ratings to work with their own game so many things could end up improved especially giving guys their own identity and separating one another from each other. Im not even sure they realize OR CARE that this is even possible?

2 things I want so badly in this game is for them to completely redo cb/wr interactions as well as special teams. I don't think i'm alone but these 2 things in itself would make for a completely different madden game for me.

With special teams, having the ability to change the game with a single punt return. Special teams is supposed to be exciting. I know a few years ago with kick returns it was overpowered and they put a band aid fix which was fun but a bit ridiculous. I remember playing an online game and it was 56-49 and I had 4 kick returns for td's while my opponent had 3. LOL! But punt returns have never been done well. Especially the CPU AI. It's so frustrating to see Percy Harvin not even try to make a move and create something. All I get to do is set up and prepare for a hit stick on the CPU coming straight ahead it's a fumble 50% of the time.
Returns aren't fun because the game doesn't replicate quick movements and momentum properly. You hardly ever see the 1st player lay a hand on a returner on a punt return in real life because they're coming at nearly full speed and the returner is often standing still, allowing him to side step and evade pretty easily. Because Madden doesn't replicate that "out of control" feeling at top speed, it's too easy for defenders to change direction and make a tackle on a guy that attempts a quick move. Until they improve the momentum system, I don't see punt/kick returns ever being properly represented.

Just adding on to how the momentum system works in the game, it's actually easier to make lateral and change of direction movements while running near full speed than any other way. Which is completely opposite of real life

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 06-22-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #111
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Returns aren't fun because the game doesn't replicate quick movements and momentum properly. You hardly ever see the 1st player lay a hand on a returner on a punt return in real life because they're coming at nearly full speed and the returner is often standing still, allowing him to side step and evade pretty easily. Because Madden doesn't replicate that "out of control" feeling at top speed, it's too easy for defenders to change direction and make a tackle on a guy that attempts a quick move. Until they improve the momentum system, I don't see punt/kick returns ever being properly represented.

Just adding on to how the momentum system works in the game, it's actually easier to make lateral and change of direction movements while running near full speed than any other way. Which is completely opposite of real life
I can agree with you on your points but I'd also add 1 thing, at the very least they could band aid us and trick us into thinking they worked on it by improving the blocking concepts, give us a few more plays besides left, right, middle return, and improve on CPU AI for punt returners whether that be through ratings on some code to allow them to idk maybe run away from a defender rather than straight ahead? Lol

I wanna say when I tried playmakers rosters years ago and even dans with fbg ratings applied it gave rb's and pr's the ability to attack holes and not just run straight. They would use moves in the trenches. Simple ratings adjustments got the results we wanted. Again, at least it's a band aid til it's redone.

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 06-22-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #112
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Loving what I see so far. Day one grab for me.
I still want lots more improvements but I know going in it's Madden and there have been some improvements.

Just wish I knew if time is going to be an issue or not for league purposes.
Getting ready to go back to night shift so that sucks.

In any case I'll be having a CCM just for myself.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »