Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #97
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

Game just looks phenomenal to me I'm really digging the changes can't wait for this one.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #98
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

It's kind of sad when you hear the guy who uploaded the video applaud the game by saying "the ball was overthrown but did you see the wr reach out to try to catch it, that's amazing".

Looks like it will end up being Madden 25 with enhanced graphics and more defense. If the sliders actually work and they fix a few other things that's not the worst thing in the world. Nobody should have expected a great game in the first place

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 06-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 15

Robotic and "hummingbird" movement.

Why wont EA address these animation and movement issues?

This should be their top 10 priorities until they get it right:

1. Running animations
2. Locomotion
3. Tackling animations
4. Running animations
5. Locomotion
6. QB Animations
7. Locomotion
8. WR/DB Animations (Including catches/swats/etc)
9. Running Animations
10. Realistic Pre-Play and Post Play animations
Old 06-19-2014, 10:47 PM   #100
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2
PENALTIES! I didn't see.any penalties. I will bet a dollar to a donut that complete penalty representation will again be left out. Ridiculous.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0
Man, Madden really does suck after watching those NFL 2k5 videos. We are in 2014 and madden still doesn't have the amount of detail that game had. The player models and animations were also better. They looked like people versus top heavy midgets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 04:53 AM   #102
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Poe
Man, Madden really does suck after watching those NFL 2k5 videos. We are in 2014 and madden still doesn't have the amount of detail that game had. The player models and animations were also better. They looked like people versus top heavy midgets.
NFL 2K5 player models have aged terribly, and compared to Madden 15's upgraded models it gets totally shut down.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
NFL 2K5 player models have aged terribly, and compared to Madden 15's upgraded models it gets totally shut down.
Um, even with the new normal maps on the Madden players that still doesn't negate the fact that the game still has the same crappy animations. And don't get me started on the game mechanics. Sad when you have to steal features from old games and call them new.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #104
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay, Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
He never said the CPU don't ever do anything the whole time and you know it. He was talking about the broken CPU AI when it comes to punt returns. Something that has been broken in the Madden and NCAA series for EA since 09.

You don't have to look hard for that. Just play the game every year and punt the ball on 4th down. You will see it, EVERYBODY see it. Special teams play has always been the Achilles heel for the Madden and NCAA series.
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't this at least be fixable with player edits? If they took the time to even just redo their own player ratings to work with their own game so many things could end up improved especially giving guys their own identity and separating one another from each other. Im not even sure they realize OR CARE that this is even possible?

2 things I want so badly in this game is for them to completely redo cb/wr interactions as well as special teams. I don't think i'm alone but these 2 things in itself would make for a completely different madden game for me.

With special teams, having the ability to change the game with a single punt return. Special teams is supposed to be exciting. I know a few years ago with kick returns it was overpowered and they put a band aid fix which was fun but a bit ridiculous. I remember playing an online game and it was 56-49 and I had 4 kick returns for td's while my opponent had 3. LOL! But punt returns have never been done well. Especially the CPU AI. It's so frustrating to see Percy Harvin not even try to make a move and create something. All I get to do is set up and prepare for a hit stick on the CPU coming straight ahead it's a fumble 50% of the time.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »