Home

Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Like NCAA.
Can you refresh my memory on this road? How did it work in NCAA? I had the game briefly but couldn't remember...
Old 06-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #74
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Like NCAA.
Is it all the way like NCAA, like, the plays you can call from No Huddle are based on personnel on the field, so you can't go from five wide to goal line and whatnot?

That would be nice

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #75
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

I like what I have read except for the removal of the coin toss. That is a vital element to any NFL game. So how is it something we see on Sundays which has been EA's tag line is now gone? Don't tell me they have to "fix" it because there was nothing wrong with it.

Can a Gamechanger or anyone please explain the logic in getting rid of it, especially on the PS4/Xbox One consoles?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
I like what I have read except for the removal of the coin toss. That is a vital element to any NFL game. So how is it something we see on Sundays which has been EA's tag line is now gone? Don't tell me they have to "fix" it because there was nothing wrong with it.

Can a Gamechanger or anyone please explain the logic in getting rid of it, especially on the PS4/Xbox One consoles?
Instead of having you pick heads or tails they just randomize who won the coin toss.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #77
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052

They didn't really get rid of it. It's just handled in the team selection screen. The rationale behind it being removed is to get you into the actual game quicker. As well as to probably try and emulate an actual TV broadcast more closely.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #78
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
They didn't really get rid of it. It's just handled in the team selection screen. The rationale behind it being removed is to get you into the actual game quicker. As well as to probably try and emulate an actual TV broadcast more closely.
Get into the game quicker? A 10-15 second shot of the ref flipping the coin is so long and my goodness the causal gamers won't buy it if they can't play right away. If they want to get us to the game quicker, get rid of the loading screens that take forever to load.

About the TV Broadcast part. It's a huge part of the TV Broadcasting during the Super Bowl. I know regular season and playoffs, the announcers just tell you who won but during the Super Bowl they show it. They emphasize it with the ref detailing out everything about the coin, and asking the captains, etc. That is apart of the Super Bowl broadcast presentation that is now gone.

So how exactly is it going to be similar to the regular TV Broadcast of the Super Bowl if it's now gone?
Old 06-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Wind direction works now, maybe it's a trade-off.

(Joking folks)

Maybe if there is enough request for a patch, they might patch it in for the big game.

I'm usually concerned what numbers I have in the pool, drinking or coming in from playing football. I've missed the flip many times. Plus, I can't hear what the ref is saying anyway with all the talking and jibber-jabber going on pre-game.

The only quiet time during the SB is the commercials.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Can you refresh my memory on this road? How did it work in NCAA? I had the game briefly but couldn't remember...
I traded NCAA in quickly last year, but this is what I was going off from Rex podcast last week.

The NCAA model for "no huddle/up tempo" has been adopted for Madden.

That's what I responded, Like NCAA.

Sorry, I can't recall any specifics after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »