Home

Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #65
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
I've been extremely hard on NCAA and Madden during the PS3/360 era, but I admit that they've made some nice progress the past few years. Gang tackling, less suction blocking/tackling, better player movement physics, etc. I'm not saying that there isn't still work I'd like to see done in some of these areas, but they are noticeably better than where we were in Madden/NCAA 06-12. I don't expect a game to be perfect ... that's just not a realistic expectation. I just want a reasonable replication of the sport I love. And in my opinion, Madden is getting closer.

However, I feel like the last MAJOR hurdle EA has left to get in this game is a jostling/positioning system between WRs and DBs. It kills me because FIFA does this so incredibly well. For Madden to be as lacking in this area as they are year, after year ... it's just inexcusable, in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #66
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

OVR: 0
I like most what of what I read. My favorite is getting 2 feet down inbounds
Old 06-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #67
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I've been extremely hard on NCAA and Madden during the PS3/360 era, but I admit that they've made some nice progress the past few years. Gang tackling, less suction blocking/tackling, better player movement physics, etc. I'm not saying that there isn't still work I'd like to see done in some of these areas, but they are noticeably better than where we were in Madden/NCAA 06-12. I don't expect a game to be perfect ... that's just not a realistic expectation. I just want a reasonable replication of the sport I love. And in my opinion, Madden is getting closer.

However, I feel like the last MAJOR hurdle EA has left to get in this game is a jostling/positioning system between WRs and DBs. It kills me because FIFA does this so incredibly well. For Madden to be as lacking in this area as they are year, after year ... it's just inexcusable, in my opinion.
Everything I hear is clearly pointing to that coming next year and I was told just wait til you see what they're doing with WR/DB interactions, not this year. For someone to have already seen what it looks like now, it must be coming in Madden 16, I highly doubt anything further away than that would be that polished already.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #68
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
One major concern The middle rusher split the double team fairly easily. The blockers made no attemp to maintain or pursue their protection. The edge rusher on the far left that was also being double teamed just simply walked right around the two blockers who made NO attempt to maintain protection. Both linemen stood facing down the field hip to hip in the same stance. The edge rusher on the far right was player controlled and basically used that new jump-the-snap feature to beat his man. So now, you have all three defensive linemen coming through the line with relative ease even though the offense had what should have been full protection. It should never be that easy for a 3 man rush to get into the back field.
That was a big problem last year, but maybe that was "my" fault.

Because passing was so easy last year, I used sliders to compensate to gimp user pass defense. So my reallyer uber developed OL (because I practice) would just block ghosts they could maybe see off somewhere upfield in the distance while, all too often, pass rushers got penetration, so that my franchise QB was sacked 40+ times per season.

And I could still pass for 4000+ yards, 65% completion, 32 TD's (and 27 INT's!).

It's just been impossible to get a good sim game. I hope this year will get there.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Did special teams seem improved at all?? Like kick returns possible to return one to the house now? Are punt return camera angles a little more wide and zoomed out so you can see the lanes??
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
That was a big problem last year, but maybe that was "my" fault.

Because passing was so easy last year, I used sliders to compensate to gimp user pass defense. So my reallyer uber developed OL (because I practice) would just block ghosts they could maybe see off somewhere upfield in the distance while, all too often, pass rushers got penetration, so that my franchise QB was sacked 40+ times per season.

And I could still pass for 4000+ yards, 65% completion, 32 TD's (and 27 INT's!).

It's just been impossible to get a good sim game. I hope this year will get there.
No it wasn't you. This was actually one of my bigger complaints about 25 on NG. I am strictly an online CFM league player. So I never play against the cpu. In user vs. user games, guys would blitz you sending 5 or 6 and the line play was pretty solid. However, when they would come out in quarters with a 3 man rush, they would get instant pressure. The guards would block no one, and the DEs would simply run around the tackles and you'd get sacked before you even finished a 5 step drop. I can understand an elite pass rusher occasionally winning a matchup, but when they are rushing 3 against 5 or 6 in to block, come on. It shouldn't be that easy. Especially since it would screw up the AI because the guards wouldn't do anything. When the guards did move (rarely), they would run behind the tackles and get in their way and let the DE come through untouched. VERY VERY frustrating, because guys would simply start using quarters all game. You'd be throwing against 8 in coverage, and then there would be instant pressure even though they rushed only 3 against 5 or 6.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #71
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

Does the No Huddle Offense work like it does in NCAA 14? Or is it just like last years no huddle offense?

Quote From one of EA Sports Game Changers
( None of us have the power to control when EA Sports will implement/fix/address things in their games after we suggest them)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #72
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
Does the No Huddle Offense work like it does in NCAA 14? Or is it just like last years no huddle offense?
Like NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »