Home

Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #105
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Clint and I are all over this. We made some progress this year with offsides and encroachment (the 2 most frequently called penalties in the NFL) in M15 and we are absolutely going after PI and a bunch of others next year. I can assure you that nobody at EA is telling us we can't do penalties.

That's awesome news. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress this year and the years to come. I was glad to here what you said about the sim direction you guys are going in the hiphopgamer interview.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #106
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Clint and I are all over this. We made some progress this year with offsides and encroachment (the 2 most frequently called penalties in the NFL) in M15 and we are absolutely going after PI and a bunch of others next year. I can assure you that nobody at EA is telling us we can't do penalties.
That is great to hear. I hope you know my statement wasn't aimed at you moreso the responses we have received in the past from members of the EA Madden team.

While I may not agree with some of the finished product I really respect and appreciate your openness and direction you are trying to take Madden.

One question. Did you mean off-sides and fall start? Encroachment and off-sides are basically the same penalty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 06-11-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:06 AM   #107
Banned

OVR: 0
Once again,I'm not being duped again by EA sports! They have lost a lot of credibility as far as I'm concerned! Seeing is believing! I want a true sports simulation!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:23 AM   #108
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Rex,
Madden 15 looks like a true next gen title, with that being said, what is the plan for WR/DB interactions and signature animations and QB throwing styles, will these be addressed next year?

I think many of us are hoping to see these old animations removed ASAP because they seem to be holding the game back especially with these amazing graphics and player models. Are you guys reworking animations and if so, when can we expect to really notice it?

Thanks for all your hard work, I have definitely noticed the improvements in gameplay since you've arrived.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-12-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #109
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

It really frustrates me to see Rex say things like "The Halftime Show is a "huge breakthrough" to the Madden NFL Franchise and we're excited to bring this to the fans."

The issue is that it's still not done correctly because they only talk about your game, not the other games in the NFL so immersion goes out the window. Also, I'm wondering why we haven't seen any videos of the halftime show yet. If it's such a huge breakthrough, and they're already showing gameplay videos, why haven't they shown halftime show videos since "it's what the fans really wanted for years"???
Old 06-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #110
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It really frustrates me to see Rex say things like "The Halftime Show is a "huge breakthrough" to the Madden NFL Franchise and we're excited to bring this to the fans."

The issue is that it's still not done correctly because they only talk about your game, not the other games in the NFL so immersion goes out the window. Also, I'm wondering why we haven't seen any videos of the halftime show yet. If it's such a huge breakthrough, and they're already showing gameplay videos, why haven't they shown halftime show videos since "it's what the fans really wanted for years"???
I agree with what you are saying, but in an interview last fall with Clint, Rex was very clear that they would add things in layers and just not everything all at once. He said they want to make sure they get things right the first time and add more layers next.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #111
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
These guys weren't working on the game 8 years ago. So how is that relevant?
I don't like how the guy said what he said, but EA/Tib wasn't developing the game 8 years ago? It's relevant because it's the same company developing the game then and now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 05:06 PM   #112
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

Since you all have definitely been talking SIM lately, any plans on providing a realistic progression system as an option to the existing XP progression system?

Last edited by bucky60; 06-12-2014 at 05:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »