Home

Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #97
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Hope that changes with this regime since they are doing so much "sim" talk.
You're going to see a ton of interviews and impressions at different sites and you'll be able to count on one hand the number of times this question is asked to a dev. If the people writing the articles don't care enough to ask or bring it to light it's never going to change.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #98
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebot44
It's just another way to say they held back on the current gen consoles so the last gen would have the same game. I don't want parity, I want them to use every scrap of power the current gen has and leave the last gen in the dust.

Here's the truth MOST of us haven't even purchased a next-gen system due to Madden falling short of expectations and lack of competition. And if history serves us correctly the old-gen versions are usually better for 3 years in the next-gen cycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #99
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
You're going to see a ton of interviews and impressions at different sites and you'll be able to count on one hand the number of times this question is asked to a dev. If the people writing the articles don't care enough to ask or bring it to light it's never going to change.
Which is why I feel us "sim" sports gamers get the short end of the stick because a majority of these main stream media guys think this game is beyond real and authentic. Just glad when actual sport sites get a crack at the devs.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #100
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Exactly. They are going about it backwards. Don't limit what you can do on current gen to match last gen. Push the current gen as far as it can go, and then just remove whatever won't work on last gen. The last gen game won't be as good, (and it shouldn't be) but it will be as good as it can be for the hardware.

I don't think they're going about it backwards. From what I've listened to and read, they want feature parity between the 2 generations. I take it as they're working really hard trying to make the last gen game as feature complete as possible. Not all things will make the cut. They've even gone into detail in the podcasts about some of the differences.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
Here's the truth MOST of us haven't even purchased a next-gen system due to Madden falling short of expectations and lack of competition. And if history serves us correctly the old-gen versions are usually better for 3 years in the next-gen cycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So the solution to that is to continue to focus on last gen? Why do you think it is that the old gen games have been better? The answer is because they keep focusing on consoles that are on the way to obsolescence instead of putting all effort into the new tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
I don't think they're going about it backwards. From what I've listened to and read, they want feature parity between the 2 generations. I take it as they're working really hard trying to make the last gen game as feature complete as possible. Not all things will make the cut. They've even gone into detail in the podcasts about some of the differences.
Just the quote that they "pushed hard" for parity is where my concern comes from. It gives me the impression that they focused more on making sure last gen systems could handle the features than on actually pushing the limits.

My comment about it being backward is that instead of giving current gen users a port of a game designed to run on old tech, they should give old gen users a pared down version of the stuff that can only be done on the new tech. If done properly, that should still be an upgrade over last year's old gen game and then everybody wins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #102
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

Quote:
So the solution to that is to continue to focus on last gen? Why do you think it is that the old gen games have been better? The answer is because they keep focusing on consoles that are on the way to obsolescence instead of putting all effort into the new tech.

Just the quote that they "pushed hard" for parity is where my concern comes from. It gives me the impression that they focused more on making sure last gen systems could handle the features than on actually pushing the limits.

My comment about it being backward is that instead of giving current gen users a port of a game designed to run on old tech, they should give old gen users a pared down version of the stuff that can only be done on the new tech. If done properly, that should still be an upgrade over last year's old gen game and then everybody wins.

It's only backward when looking at from what OS guys want. It's smart when you look at it from a business view. PS3 and 360 are still huge instal bases. They will still sell a ton of those games if they make them a priority. They can't just abandon those games. That's throwing away a lot of money. It seems from what I'm hearing and reading that they are still making current gen worth making the jump.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #103
Creative Director Madden

RexDEAFootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
The prevailing thought is no. Penalties are not "fun" according to EA.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Clint and I are all over this. We made some progress this year with offsides and encroachment (the 2 most frequently called penalties in the NFL) in M15 and we are absolutely going after PI and a bunch of others next year. I can assure you that nobody at EA is telling us we can't do penalties.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #104
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Clint and I are all over this. We made some progress this year with offsides and encroachment (the 2 most frequently called penalties in the NFL) in M15 and we are absolutely going after PI and a bunch of others next year. I can assure you that nobody at EA is telling us we can't do penalties.
By the way Rex, just wanted to pass along, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, but starting with the interview last fall with Clint being interviewed by Rich Grishom(sp) and yourself, and this E3, I appreciate your candor during interviews.

We've (I) been asking for DPI for several years.

Last edited by roadman; 06-11-2014 at 10:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »