Home

Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

I love the fact that they addressing defensive line play by giving the user more moves. The jump snap feature or whatever they are calling it is something that will draw offsides. What I want to know is with the defensive line getting all these moves, what does the offensive line have to counter? Will they have their own moves? Can these moves lead to holding penalties?

I've been saying for years, give the user/AI more control and degree of effectiveness to actual football mechanics and you will see a better game and also penalties that actually make sense. Give the user and AI ability to hold and you see holding calls. Give the user the ability to jostle with a WR running downfield and you get PI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 03:09 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hope they didn't ruin the zoom cam. They finally had it almost perfect last year. Hopefully they didn't zoom it any further out, or elose its just a standard cam. If they went a lot closer, then it won't be useable. They should leave it where its at. I know I won't buy this game if Im forced to these sky cams again.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:45 AM   #83
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
WIth Chip Kelly and multiple other teams running some form of the blur offense did Madden finally adopt the hurry-up offense that NCAA had implemented? That was perfect. In NCAA the hurry-up was balanced for offense and defense and realistic. In Madden its just cheese because its too fast and you are limited to either calling the same plays over and over or doing a bunch of hot-routing to have some type of variation.

It wasn't ridiculously fast like in Madden where players run to the line so quick its easy to get offsides penalties on D-lineman who don't make it back onsides in time. It also allowed the full playbook for both sides which is also more realistic than just 4 options per formation. Teams use signals and headsets so just because its hurry-up doesn't mean coordinators are limited in playcalls as long as the personell is the same.

RIght now the hurry-up is banned in our sim league because its so unrealistic in Madden. But its ashame because the hurry-up has become such a staple of NFL offenses in recent years and NCAA got the mechanics right on the money.

The fact that he only mentioned that audibles take longer seems to mean that they didn't implement NCAA's system. I hope someone at E3 can get their hands on the game and confirm this.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #84
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
OS: Will fatigue play a role in how aggressive or conservative a player can tackle? In late games, will the AI play more aggressively and attack the ball more if they are losing?

RD: Fatigue affects a lot of things in the game. Everything from injuries, stamina, substitutions, etc. However, we do not change player behaviors based on fatigue. We do have a variety of ‘under the hood’ adaptive AI behaviors that can trigger things like defenders going for more strip balls, or being more aggressive going for interceptions vs. playing the man when down late.
Shouldn't fatigue be stamina, and stamina should dominate fatigue, injuries, and substitutions. Whats in red means a lot because fatigue does affect the players behavior, anyone that has ever sports when you are fatigue, tired, you get beat, you get bowled over. All he has to do is watch on Sundays, when the D-line is fatigued and tired out, the O-line will dominate at the line, when the rest of the D is tired out their behavior changes as well, they are out of position, can't make tackles, and do stupid things because they are wore out. Fatigue is so much more important than what Rex Dickson, is making it out to be, because it affects everything on the field, and one day they will understand that.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #85
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
I love this answer lol....

OS: Will we see more jostling for position/hand fighting from the offensive and defensive players on pass plays?

RD: Due to the impact of the overhauled coverage AI, you will see defenders in much better position to make plays on balls. This includes jostling for position and aggressively moving towards the catch point. We definitely have some major plans around WR/DB interaction coming in the near future in addition to the great work that has been done this year.

What he really meant to say in other words, "We can only do so much, basically add one thing each year. WR/DB interaction is something that takes a lot of talent so hopefully we can add it in the future, maybe Madden 2020."

So basically none of this stuff this year.. It's not like this stuff was done in 2004 on older gen consoles??

or this

This is why I don't buy Madden. I miss my football fix. The excuses are to great for my taste.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #86
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3
Will we see pass interference?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #87
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisasticup
Will we see pass interference?
The prevailing thought is no. Penalties are not "fun" according to EA.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #88
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mWolfe
Shouldn't fatigue be stamina, and stamina should dominate fatigue, injuries, and substitutions. Whats in red means a lot because fatigue does affect the players behavior, anyone that has ever sports when you are fatigue, tired, you get beat, you get bowled over. All he has to do is watch on Sundays, when the D-line is fatigued and tired out, the O-line will dominate at the line, when the rest of the D is tired out their behavior changes as well, they are out of position, can't make tackles, and do stupid things because they are wore out. Fatigue is so much more important than what Rex Dickson, is making it out to be, because it affects everything on the field, and one day they will understand that.

That could be taken in more than one context. I took it to mean that when a player is tired he will still play to his traits but be less effective. For example and Ball Hawking SS will still play the ball but be less likely to complete the interceptions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »