Home

Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #49
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

Been down this road too many times, all sounds good but when the unedited footage comes out.....all hell breaks loose

Can't remember what year it was, but they were all touting how they had killed the roll n chuck...... And like one of the first gameplay vids we had was freaking Christian ponder throwing a 40 yard bomb off his back foot, 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #50
Rookie

totalpoop's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I will say this, Rex Dickson is certainly not a bad guy to have in the position he's in.

Listen to his interview, some of the things he says are music to the ears of simulation community players. His exact words were along the line of, "Our goal is 100% authenticity and simulation". That nips in the bud any controversy around whether or not Madden is marketed as a simulation game. The lead gameplay designer says it is. One thing he also says that is nice to hear is that the controversial review by IGN saying that madden 25 was too realistic for its own good was the best compliment they could have ever gotten. He also states that he's hard to please and that even when they release the game, he is never generally happy with it. I respect this type of mentality greatly and it was certainly not there in years past.

Yeah... Rex Dickson has the attitude I want for the people working on this game.
I just hope the engineers writing the code are the same way.

it's one thing to say all these wonderful things about your game that you're supposed to be hyping currently, but from every video shown of a developer and coder has said the exact same thing.

"we really wanted to improve ____ this year, last year wasnt up to par but this year its different we promise!"

SIKE

question though, why was there absolutely no questions, or answers about franchise mode at all? do they believe that their connected franchise mode is perfect and they should just focus on other areas of madden currently?
Old 06-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #51
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Sad to see no highlights from other games during halftime, but from what they are saying it sounds like a real pre game and halftime show with commentary instead of a basic highlight package which I am a fan of.

Yeah I was really hoping we would at least see highlights from other games when in franchise mode. I really wanted a weekly wrap up after each weeks game like 2k5 had. Around the league highlights, stats, injury reports , up coming games and so on. Still don't understand why they leave this out when games like the show and nba2k are doing it. It's always next year, next year. Well some one else was doing it 10 years ago in a football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 07:39 PM   #52
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Can't wait to hear more about what improvements they have made
Old 06-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 19

Curious to what current gen systems will get short changed on since not all will be included?

Funny, the game now has 6 "New" Camera angles, but the main one, "User Defined" is not included again, and again, and again or should I say given access.

Here's the punch line to the User camera joke....

Thanks to Xan's Editor, we find out that the User Defined Camera "Is already and has been in all EA football games"
-The X,Y,Z & Pitch for the camera

It's all just locked away from the User having access.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (212.1 KB, 144 views)
Old 06-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
...I like the direction they're going, let's just keep them in place.
Yeah, that's kind of how I'm feeling. I like what I've been hearing and the direction they are going, I just have to remind myself of where they're coming from, which is a long ways off from where they need to be.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
As of right now I'm worried about the D and AI on D been so over powered it ain't funny. It was bad enough in Madden 25 as the AI had hands of glue. Now the AI can even more aggressive to get more ints and force fumble. The offense side of the ball is going to get boring real quick. You just can't make every team in Madden a high power D like the Seahawks and Panthers. It just ain't real in the NFL. There is some teams that have weak Ds and some good and a few real good. But I have a feeling this is going be a arcade type Madden. Just not feeling so far. Need to see more actual game play to decide.
I don't mind the tight pass defensive especially since I'm usually able to sling it around the field with no problem. My problem like you said is how the almost every mistake results into a pick. I would like to see a smarter AI with the pass defense with more swats and bat downs but I also want ratings to matter too..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
I'll be honest here, this interview has me hyped for the game. I am now the guy who tries to sneak on the hype train wearing a cap and glasses.

The one thing I need to hear more on is the upgrades to coverage. Will there be more outcomes than what we have been seeing? We need more plays where the DB breaks up the pass but does not go for the int. More tips, rips, hooks, etc.

Also relating to the improved accuracy, I'm anxious to see how it plays out. Could we see a high pass where the WR jumps for it but is only able to get a fingertip on it? Will it feel dynamic?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »