Home

NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #185
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
If SubTheGamer is in the commercial, I'am preordering.

SubTheGamer is that you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #186
Rookie

ShogunTake's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
If SubTheGamer is in the commercial, I'am preordering.
Who?

Old 06-09-2014, 05:30 AM   #187
MVP

If only 2k could use that VC $ for a better online system. If only we got real CREW mode back,working servers, online lobbies,actual leaderboards, .
Old 06-09-2014, 05:35 AM   #188
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
it was on 2k14 last gen also? Assuming you bought that game lol, so whats the difference?
Bro I haven't bought a last gen 2K game since they took crew out. Got it for PS4 since it was one of the few games out. Was blown away by their greed. Giving people stingy *** VC rewards yet making everything cost ridiculous amounts. People had to VC Farm MyGM just to progress or play multiple modes at once.

What does 2K do instead of fixing prices on items? They hotfix nerf MyGM rewards. (They sure weren't in that much of a rush to upgrade servers or fix free agency on MyCareer, I wonder why they patched MyGm so fast!!!)

Them pushing VC as a preorder bonus shows me they are still at the same place as last year, which is why I'm not buying it..
Old 06-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #189
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZLAL
SubTheGamer is that you?
Spoiler
Old 06-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #190
Banned

Icon11 Re: NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
So much this. I was sooooo pissed when I found out this was in the freaking mobile version and not the consoles
You guys dont realize why 2k takes out game modes like this. It is because they are fun and there is no real way they can include them in the game without looking like greedy schmucks. In order to unlock them they would probably charge you 1k vc each and that would upset everyone.

It is the same reason they took out association. It does not fit in with this pay to win model. If they made it pay 2 win then everyone would be upset. The truth is mygm is the pay to win version of association. They just renamed it to trick consumers into playing new game modes that all require vc to advance.

2k is a company. We buy their video games to have fun, and they sell them to us to make money. They understand their goals and motives, it is the consumers job to say i think i will skip it until they make the game enjoyable for me.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #191
Banned

I spent 20 on vc and a lot of time grinding as we refer to it to get a myteam and myplayers that i dont even care about anymore. 2k fooled me. I fell for it. I wont fall for it again. I wont ever spend additional money on the game unless it is for new content that i think is truly worth it. I wont ever grind anymore and i will only play the game as long as i am enjoying it. Once that stops i stop. I dont care about getting new cards, skills, or sadly at one point gear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #192
Banned

I know this doesnt really apply here because its a basketball forum, but sure 2k made tons of money off of 2k14. But that is because next gen didnt have any games at launch. It is still pretty weak and 2k was the big launch title that everyone knew had the best graphics. They sold it with that commercial and the next gen graphics that aren't that great speaking as a former pc gamer. Unless they can make the graphics better which they wont knowing 2k is lazy then you can expect sales to drop as well as vc sales because everyone is getting tired of paying for basketball cards, new gear and players that still suck in the park because of broken game play and ball hogs. Their servers are **** and the park is annoying. 80 players and half the courts are broken. With these load times and waits you spend more 3x more time not playing the game then actually playing it. Sure you can play with friends but that takes even longer and then you just drop when you win a couple games anyways.

We actually believed they built this game from the ground up and that is something most die hards have been waiting for. It looked like they did from the commercial and we didn't care if they had vc. We ran out and bought our new consoles, some of us just for this game. Then we find out it is the same game with slightly better graphics but way more frustrating in just about every single aspect/game mode. Even the menu navigation is frustrating. Its like 2k kept asking themselves how can we frustrate customers more with this and did it. How can we make this less fun and make them want to buy vc to think it will make a difference?

2k has peaked and it is all downhill in sales from here. If live ever figures it out (not getting my hopes up) then most of the die hards will migrate and that is the beginning to the end of their era and dominance of the basketball sim market. We are all beginning to see that 2k wont fix and they will only sell. It wasnt that our consoles were old or that they were too busy adding this or that. It is because they are only looking out for the bottom line.

The good is we have other games to play on our new systems. I dont think they will make a worse cod than the last one iw shipped out and if they do then im done with that franchise forever. We can play 2k quick games when we need our basketball fix, but we wont get addicted and spend money since we dont feel the need to play 2k to get value from our consoles. 2k will lose a lot of the casual customers who bought this game just cuz and hated it for the same reasons we do. And they will be left with us who are ready to dump this game at any second.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »