Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #209
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Oh and if you watch the clip of JJ WATT clubbing the Olineman and ignore him and only watch the Jags QB, drop back animations have not been addressed.
The drop back animation isn't the best, but my conerns with drop back passes are more about the speed/depth of the speed rush vs the QB's drop, depth/angle of the OT's kick step... pocket stuff... and timing of the drop & pass patterns.

And that Watt club is way out of context IMO. D-linemen don't club, at least not with that type of success, during a stationary hand fight. That's a move typically used after getting the o-lineman's momentum going. I grew up watching Reggie White use that move. Never once do I remember him clubbing a 300 lb man off his feet without using his momentum against him.

---------------

When I compare Madden to the great sports titles, NBA 2K & MLB The Show, Madden doesn't fit. Sure you can cheese in 2K and get to the lane easier than real life. You can dunk easier than real life. You might be able to hit HRs at a higher clip in The Show than real life. The Show has some quirks that remind you it's a video game. But in single player modes, or 2 sim players playing, you can make the game look quite realistic, get realistic stats, realistic outcomes, etc. But I'm an offline gamer. Both games might require some slider adjustments, but it's very possible.

With Madden, no matter how sim your style is, no matter what sliders you change, the game will never look real to me. Fundamental football AI is not present. Key animations/interactions are missing. The timing of many animations are off. With the best intentions, Madden is not capable of looking anything like what I expect. These are things I notice immediately when looking at even the shortest trailers.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #210
Rookie

vpizzle28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

I liked the video. Call me crazy, but I mostly play online with a couple of friends, and then Ranked.

These are the 2 things I want.

Fairplay back!
CB vs. WR interation.

Also a Highlight stick for WR. That's all.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #211
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpizzle28
I liked the video. Call me crazy, but I mostly play online with a couple of friends, and then Ranked.

These are the 2 things I want.

Fairplay back!
CB vs. WR interation.

Also a Highlight stick for WR. That's all.
Amen to the cb wr interaction, hopefully them comes along with the improved man and zone d.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #212
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchboi
It has to be at least alarming to EA that their product is met with such underwhelming response throughout most communities wouldn't you agree?
Not really. It's the internet. Everyone complains about everything.

The people complaining aren't in EA's primary target audience (competitive online gamers) anyway. The ones complaining online aren't the ones responsible for EA's 90% year-over-year increase in Ultimate Team sales.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #213
Banned

I had hope ... I really did. But I knew EA would be trying fool all of us again. EA better hope 2k doesn't every launch an NFL game. The second they announce it I am pre-ordering my 2k version and I will never look back.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #214
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery
You mean besides the fact that they look nothing like real life and have been the same for the past 10 years?

This is how it should be
http://youtu.be/938f14uJhVw
Yeah, see the depth of the drop and depth of the OTs? Edge rush timing fits with that as well. The timing of the patterns fit. The timing of bump & run fit. When plays work, more times than not, they work for the same reason they do in real life.

When folks reference 2K football, they're talking about things like this. It wasn't perfect. Running animations improved with 2K8, but 2K5 running animations sucked, for example. But enough of the fundamentals were there that you could play Football if you wanted.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #215
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Gonna need to see more at E3, but what I saw in this video, I was not impressed. Graphics looked great, but aside from that, everything looked the same. Same animations and no equipment updates (still no lipguard mouthpiece; Lynch, Gore, Forte, Demaryius Thomas).

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by CaliDude916; 06-06-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #216
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Monday can't come soon enough. Does anyone else think we'll see anything else before then?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »