Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
If that clip showed movement and interactions that resembled the NFL more than Madden, plenty of people would be excited. Look how excited people were by one screenshot. People are starving for something to be excited about. The majority of people here don't want to "hate on" Madden.
This! Well said.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #170
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Well depending on what happens at E3 they might really have to start listening. Competition benefits everybody. As evidence by Madden 2005 and NFL 2k5. Both great games.
Every year we do this. Are u really holding out hope that 2k is releasing an nfl game?

Also if that happens, the only thing that will change is sim players will go to 2k and the rest will stay with Madden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #171
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
If that clip showed movement and interactions that resembled the NFL more than Madden, plenty of people would be excited. Look how excited people were by one screenshot. People are starving for something to be excited about. The majority of people here don't want to "hate on" Madden.
I want to buy Madden. I really want the game to succeed. But I have not seen a reason to buy the game off retail these past two years. I think I will break down and buy it this year if I hear/see some good things at E3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #172
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
The gloves seem like the same old ones, but the cleats appear to be updated for some players. In the Sherman screenshot, Demaryius Thomas is still wearing the LT cleats from like 7 years ago. Sherman however, appears to be wearing cleats from last season. Granted, they aren't the playoff ones that will probably be what most players will wear this year, but at least it is an update. And I don't get why the gloves haven't been updated. NCAA had updated gloves for 14 that had team logos and were the one's for the upcoming season.
Those cleats look like the same ones in Madden 25.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #173
Rookie

OVR: 2

The sidelines seem to be the same. I wonder if the photographers and camera men will still be wearing shorts and shirts during snow games.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #174
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I want to buy Madden. I really want the game to succeed. But I have not seen a reason to buy the game off retail these past two years. I think I will break down and buy it this year if I hear/see some good things at E3.
A majority of us would love to support, hype, and play Madden all year long. I couldn't care less if another NFL football game was made by another company if I felt like EA made the best product.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #175
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
At one point it was estimated that one in three households in the United States had a Sony PlayStation2 console, and the console sold just over 155 million units worldwide lifetime. Comparatively speaking, the sales of the the XBOX 360 and PS3 _combined_ barely top that, and Madden also ships on two fewer platforms now given the discontinuing of the Nintendo console and PC releases.

Gaming is a bigger industry, yes, but the biggest advances commercially absolutely haven't been in the console space with the exception of the biggest blockbusters (Call of Duty, etc.). Mobile devices such as the iPhone and iPad, along with the unique Nintendo Wii motion-controlled console, introduced a huge pool of people from brand-new demographics into the universe of potential video game buyers beyond traditional console and PC gamers.

There's any number of reasons to explain how Madden sells compared to ten years ago beyond Madden itself, above are just a couple.
That is fair. A little off though as well.

The number of PS3s sold is around 87mil worldwide. The number of 360s sold is just under that. Basically the same. The Wii sold 110mil IIRC. I'm not saying that there aren't people with both, but that's still an increase over the PS2 era numbers even if you added in the Gamecube and Xbox sales. Granted, given how much the industry has grown, the console space hasn't really grown as much as the mobile industry, I will not argue with you there, but it has grown.

So if, at worst, the console space has seen zero growth, but has just stagnated, that still does not paint a favorable picture for how a company that had a target audience of 14mil customers lost about 60% of it, when the industry experienced exponential growth in some sectors, it had no competition (more on that later), and it is based on one of the most popular and recognizable brands in this country (the NFL).

Again, compared to most AAA titles, Madden sells pretty well (ie a success), but to stop there and not look at all the other factors that surround this title, you aren't really understanding how unsuccessful they have actually been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #176
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
im not sure how anyone would be excited by a 15 second clip that cuts the scene every 3 seconds to another one. and there are numerous here already saying m15 is trash based off this 15 second clip. Personally i thought m25 on ps4 was the best madden ive played in a long long time. again its not perfect and no game is or ever will be . Some will just find faults no matter what. The game plays well in m25 , i run an online league , and have done so for years, so i think i might know if the game has improved or not from a true feel for the game view. I was tired of madden too, up until m13 . they showed improvement, and improved more on m25. so im just gonna have to actually play m15 before i can say its not gonna be any good or not. However, these few clips , dont really show you much of anything. Which is what i expected
I was going to respond to a few of your statements, but this will do.

I haven't looked at the OS rules in a long time, but things tend to go smooth when folks keep their opinions on the games and off other members. Just saying.

But to respond, I know what football looks like and I know what changes I've been waiting for Madden to make. A few seconds of certain plays is all I need. Outside runs are one of those plays. What the o-line does and how the d-line reacts is one of the things I used to critique very hard. How the contain & force defenders react is another. Nothing's changed in regard to what I know should happen.

Show me a few seconds of a drop back pass and I'll instantly know if they've addressed my concerns on those types of plays. Show me a QB scrambling out of the pocket...

Your version and my version of plays well are different. Our expectations are different. Respect that and stop name calling. I'm not saying anything about you personally because you like what I feel is not much more than a prettier Tecmo Bowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »