Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #153
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
You're right. First week sales are important just like opening weekend for movies. A lot of movies make up losses in DVD sales, but no one cares. Only how it did opening weekend.

The other fact blind defenders like to ignore is that madden was outsold by a basketball game last year. A basketball game that had an alternative basketball offered in nba live.

That's unheard of. Basketball is probably one third as popular as football. A mediocre football game should kill a great basketball game on that alone..and 2k had a ton of backlash from its vc.

Madden is still a money printer, but it's not the popular game it was before the exclusive. Not even close. A game shouldn't lose sales after killing off it's competitor at all, and it shouldn't get out sold by less popular brands. But madden did both.

Lets get back to the trailer. Not tryna police but we all know these talking points like the back of our hands. We all know that physical disc sales are down. There are many assumptions we can make as to why those sales are down. But the bottom-line is EA and Madden aint hurting, MUT is making 10x more money than video game sales ever could anyway and that is the secret sauce. Today started "Most Wanted Weekend" for MUT EA's prolly rung up $100k in pack sales already.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #154
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No, EA is absolutely not being "lazy" by focusing their feature set and upgrades to a different target audience than the one which is most vocally present here.
Not changing Reebok to Nike over these past couple of years seems pretty lazy to me. Maybe I'm wrong, which I have no problem with. But EA is not proactive.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #155
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by truzoe
Typical ea!! Another year with this sorry excuse for a football game. We get an awesome baseball, basketball games. But 8 years and it still the same old with a new fresh coat of paint. So disappointed ea need competition badly or I don't see us getting a good football game anytime soon.
Funny how NBA2k and The Show have no competition and produce 2 of the best sports titles out there. So your "EA needs competition"comment is a little off, while competition would be nice it's not the sole reason for a sub par football game.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #156
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
You're right. First week sales are important just like opening weekend for movies. A lot of movies make up losses in DVD sales, but no one cares. Only how it did opening weekend.

The other fact blind defenders like to ignore is that madden was outsold by a basketball game last year. A basketball game that had an alternative basketball offered in nba live.

That's unheard of. Basketball is probably one third as popular as football. A mediocre football game should kill a great basketball game on that alone..and 2k had a ton of backlash from its vc.

Madden is still a money printer, but it's not the popular game it was before the exclusive. Not even close. A game shouldn't lose sales after killing off it's competitor at all, and it shouldn't get out sold by less popular brands. But madden did both.
You're right. Opening Box Office numbers do matter. EA stock took a dive because the numbers were down 40% its opening week vs. Madden NFL 13. Stock holders DO take notice of that sort of thing hence why the debate is relevant.

To be fair, there are possible explanations as to why the open sales dropped compared to the year before. Like introducing a new console to the franchise, but that's just a soft theory. All theories will be soft until we see how it goes for Madden NFL 15.

Still, it's good to debate because despite the reasons, the stats are fairly accurate. I think it's still odd that an anniversary game didn't break last year's record. That's just me though. I understand the next-gen argument, I just don't think that's why Madden NFL 25 didn't do as well as Madden NFL 13.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #157
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Not changing Reebok to Nike over these past couple of years seems pretty lazy to me. Maybe I'm wrong, which I have no problem with. But EA is not proactive.
I'm not sure what you are referring to, but the uniform manufacturer switch was a BFD in the Madden NFL 13 build-up and I remember several press releases and blogs about it. Tiburon worked directly with Nike in making that switch happen and had early access to the teams' new uniforms.

Granted, there were a few notable errors, most memorably the Chicago Bears' orange pants, but Tiburon was if anything ahead of the curve, at worst on the curve to that end.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #158
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
well i guess when i see peps wanting to say how aweful m15 is gonna be , and how bad the gameplay already looks, after seeing about 15 seconds worth of tossed together , quick moving footage, is nothing more than some being close minded. You cant gather hardly anything from this "gameplay trailer" Most of whats being said ,is mostly being based off their past maddens they didnt like. Not the fact its been getting better since m13.

As for the player lock camera, i only played the last ncaa demo, it was a camera angle you could choose that was behind the d player you picked, closer to field level, but alittle to far back from player imo.
in those 15 seconds you see the same animations and the same routine play with the same bad AI that's been seen in the series for years. If you like madden then it's the status quo, if you don't like Madden gameplay or you're on the fence it most likely was underwhelming to you. 1 picture of Kap created more optimism about the game than their trailer prolly not what they intended. With that said there is still room for the game to be a solid product, I don't think most on here are judging the final product based on this trailer especially with E3 next week. But in terms of creating excitement about any aspect of the game other than graphics it just didn't do that in the eyes of most.

Last edited by dghustla; 06-06-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #159
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No, EA is absolutely not being "lazy" by focusing their feature set and upgrades to a different target audience than the one which is most vocally present here.
They aren't lazy, but they aren't being that smart either.

Bottom line is that about 14mil people bought a Football videogame in 2004 when there were competing products. Fast forward to today and look at what we have. The landscape has changed. The gaming industry is exponentially bigger today than it was 10yrs ago. It's at a point where it's bigger than the movie industry and is widely accepted, in some form or another, by pretty much everyone. That is a drastic occurrence. As popular as the NFL was 10yrs ago, it is even more popular today as unfathomable as that may seem. Madden is the only licensed NFL game in existence. When you take anyone of those factors alone you would think that Madden would be in a great position, yet with ALL of those factors happening which are extremely favorable and should be conducive to driving the brand to new heights, that 14mil number of Football videogamers that purchased a Football game 10yrs ago, has not only not grown, it's dwindled by anywhere from 7-9mil people. Amidst all of love that videgames and the NFL has gotten over the last 10yrs, they decided to stop buying them and they have not been replaced, let alone expanded upon.

Now I'm not saying that EA/Tiburon should necessarily be listening to OS or like minded sim gamers for advice, but who ever they are listening to isn't doing them much good either.

The title still sells well when compared to other most other AAA titles, but when compared to the target market that was there, for them to have fumbled their audience away the way they have, given how many advantages they have been blessed with, relatively speaking, it isn't the success you would think at first cursory glance.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #160
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 15 Gameplay Video

Doesn't look much different to me so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »