Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-06-2014, 10:37 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 15 Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
That's the safety, but yeah, EA hasn't figured that out yet.
Honestly the more I watch it, the more it looks like 2 different plays, where did #82 come from to blow up that safety?

But either way the Safety or OLB wasthe farthest outside defender and at the snap on the play that defender has already comprised his assignment.

Maybe this is one isolated event, maybe it is fixed, but since this has been one of my biggest gripes for a long time, it was the first thing I looked for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHISENH2016
It has gotten to the point where I truly believe that the public just hates Madden. I understand that this game is not as great as it could be, and NFL 2k5, gameplay-wise, outdoes every Madden game made since then. However, EA, in my opinion took a huge step in the right direction with M25 NG. It was not what they showed in their trailers, but it was a game that had improved blocking, better running, better graphics, and better lighting than any previous Madden, including M25 last-gen. Looking at these videos and screenshots, this looks way better than what Madden put out last year, and that seems good to me. Stop saying that this is a "disappointment" before you even see more than a one minute trailer that features barely any gameplay at all.
The bottom line the E3 trailer deceived people, EA has a history of doing this. 2K Sports NBA2k14 trailer look just like the game play, no deception at all
Old 06-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #43
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

While I think that Madden on PS4 was a graphical upgrade the gameplay was lacking and to me you can have the best looking game with out of this world graphics but after the ohhh and ahhh effect of shiny new graphics, it's whats under the hood that counts.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 06-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #44
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

The Kap pic looks to have been taken in 4pm lighting, while the Kuechly screenshot seems to be in 1pm lighting. 4pm lighting in Madden has a more dramatic effect because of all the shadowing.

The game is really only going to look juiced up when you're in pre-play/post-play/cutscenes/user replays where there are close-ups, just like it is with Madden 25. I didn't expect it to look like the Kap pic during gameplay for a number of technical reasons. It's not uncommon to see developers increase/decrease texture levels based on distance from the object.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #45
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer and Ultimate Edition Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
For someone who hasn't owned a Madden since '98 (okay I own '12, but I bought it for $10 and played it once), I can't agree with this statement. I don't think there was any deception in that first shot, at least compared to that of the E3 trailer. I think they look very much alike.
You are entitled to your opinion. Mine is that they look nothing alike. Not in terms of textures. Not in terms of lighting. Not in terms of AO. Not in terms of fidelity.

This isn't my first rodeo, and I don't mean with just Madden. It was obvious that there was a visible downgrade from the M25 E3 trailer to the subsequent YouTube vids released. People cried compression. How did that turn out? There was an obvious downgrade in visuals from Dark Souls 2 shown at shows and in YouTube vids just before release. People cried compression. How did that turn out? There was an obvious downgrade in visuals of Watch Dogs from the E3 footage to subsequently released trailers before launch. The Lead Designer Marin cried compression... How did that turn out?

I know the difference between compression of internet vids and bait and switch actual downgrades. I absolutely know what I am looking at here.

Last edited by Only1LT; 06-06-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #46
Banned

Why do we even care about graphics at this point? I think they look fine, not on point with Nba2k or mlb the show but good none the less.

What I care more about is animations. Simply put EAs animations really don't look anything like football. Why is every tackle a big hit? Why can't we make reach tackle attempt while being blocked? Wr/db animations?
Old 06-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
It has gotten to the point where I truly believe that the public just hates Madden. I understand that this game is not as great as it could be, and NFL 2k5, gameplay-wise, outdoes every Madden game made since then. However, EA, in my opinion took a huge step in the right direction with M25 NG. It was not what they showed in their trailers, but it was a game that had improved blocking, better running, better graphics, and better lighting than any previous Madden, including M25 last-gen. Looking at these videos and screenshots, this looks way better than what Madden put out last year, and that seems good to me. Stop saying that this is a "disappointment" before you even see more than a one minute trailer that features barely any gameplay at all.
This is what ppl do, when we get trailers we critic them. The point of the trailer to build hype and impress the community. The graphics and muscle definition look nice. The screen shots and facial scans indeed look superb and on par with other NG games, kudos to EA for that. Yet the still shots are only half the battle. In that small 10 second clip of a "new" game you see the same tackle animation that has been in the game for years and game-play mechanics that have held this game back and have lead to outside runs being overly dominant. Of course EA is holding some major aces right now, Redesigned Man/Zone coverage logic will go a long long way in upgrading the game and we haven't seen the new defensive audibles that may be able to counter some of these things. But soley based on that trailer alone I just wasn't overly impressed.

Last edited by dghustla; 06-06-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #48
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I don't think the bolded should be glossed over or is deserving of any "buts" after it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »