Home

Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

This is a discussion on Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #161
Banned

OVR: 5
Why is EA and a lot of people always concerned with details like this that you will hardly ever see while playing the game? Focus on making the gameplay better!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #162
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
Nba games have tattoos because getting permission from 400ish NBA players is easier than the 1500 NFL players.
NFLPA is different than the NBA.... just so you guys understand.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 06-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 2
I think its corny to only have his. All or none. Or get permission from the players to place a similar/generic one on instead.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #164
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
We get that it's not all EA. The point is if they couldn't get a majority of the players artist permission, then they should just hold off on adding tattoos in the game until they do. That's all. How odd is it going to look if only a handful of players have tatts in the game? They should just wait until Madden 16 to add them.
Why is it going to look odd? If you play as the Niners, he'll look like Kap. Let's face it, Kap's tats are a big part of his image. Without his tats, "Kaepernicking" makes no sense. I really don'tthink DeSean Jackson is known everywhere for his tats.

And if you don't play as San Fran, how often are you going to see Kap's arms, anyway? Even online, if you're spending your time thinking "man that totally looks awkward!" instead of focusing on your opponent, then you're doing it wrong.

The blind EA hate ITT is beyond ridiculously stupid. You guys say they should do all or nothing? If Kap put in the time (and most likely money) to get waivers signed, then why shouldn't he get to see himself portrayed accurately? Why should he be punished for going the extra mile when other players didn't? And to go with the "all or nothing" logic, what if 90% of the players secured waivers, but 10% didn't? Should EA still leave them out of the game because "it should be all or nothing"? I swear, if this is the worst thing you ever have to worry about, then you're pretty lucky in life.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

Last edited by therealsmallville; 06-06-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #165
MVP

OVR: 13
Couldn't care less about tats. Have them, don't have them, I just don't care. There are so many more important aspects to a football videogame, I can't believe this is even a topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #166
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Forget it IndyColts2, its OperationSports.

+1000 if you get the reference.
Sad, but true. This is why we don't have direct interaction with the developers anymore.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #167
Banned

OVR: 0
It never amazes me how ignorant a lot of people are in the world, that's why I'm in the business of selling. You can sell people anything and they will buy it because their expectations are so low and they will settle for anything. Time and time again EA Sports has failed with mediocrity and lies to make money and people keep shelling it out and making excuses for the reason to spend on a game that's still stuck in PS2/XBOX era. It has yet to make it to last gen! ... despite what others have shown what can be done and have raise the bar. This is the very reason why they bought the license because they couldn't compete. For all the people that say it's the NFL who wanted this is nuts! If that's the case then why pursue college football as well? they knew 2k Sports was on a level they couldn't compete with, so they made sure they took both license. This screenshot that got some people excited could have been done on last gen. This is not next gen, stop settling, expect more ! demand more! never stop pushing the envelope. So glad that didn't get basketball too, people would be praising how good NBA Live 14 look ... and we know that's garbage because another game has shown the possibility to do more and expect more.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #168
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

"OMG there finally listening to us!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »