Home

Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

This is a discussion on Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2014, 01:30 AM   #193
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyacecandy
There is no way every player in NBA 2k14 got permission from their tattoo artists... lol
It's already been explained in this thread that the NFLPA is different than the players union in the NBA.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:44 AM   #194
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Why not just give the players who have tattoos fake in-game tattoos? I mean, it's cool that Colin's tats are in the game, but most people don't follow the 49ers so closely that they know them exactly. And from a further camera angle, you really wouldn't be able to tell. But at least you would have more player individuality - - like hand towels or arm bands or mouthguards provide.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #195
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

EA Sports GETS. EVERY. SINGLE. THING. WRONG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #196
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's already been explained in this thread that the NFLPA is different than the players union in the NBA.
But isn't this a tattoo artist's licensing/copyright issue rather than a player union issue? Does either player union care if tattoos are in a game? Is it a player union's burden if a tattoo artist sues a game developer? Did the tattoo artist sue the NFLPA as well as EA over the Rickey Williams tattoo cover art? What am I missing? (sorry for the multiple questions)

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 06-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #197
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation Re: Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

I skimmed through a few pages and read some of the comments posted before I decided to construct this and I did not see anyone speak on the issue I present.

I totally am aware that all the athletes in the game are professional players, but that does not necessarily mean they have professional artwork on their bodies. Where I am going with this is that tattoos are growing extremely fast among the New Generation, and within this culture athletes are being tattooed in their early teens. Many of these kids are professional athletes now and have artwork that has not been performed professionally in a tattoo shop.

So how would those players go about getting rights to the work from artists that they may never be able to come in contact with again?
Old 06-14-2014, 12:36 AM   #198
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
But isn't this a tattoo artist's licensing/copyright issue rather than a player union issue? Does either player union care if tattoos are in a game?
Yes, the NFLPA cares.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #199
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
But isn't this a tattoo artist's licensing/copyright issue rather than a player union issue? Does either player union care if tattoos are in a game? Is it a player union's burden if a tattoo artist sues a game developer? Did the tattoo artist sue the NFLPA as well as EA over the Rickey Williams tattoo cover art? What am I missing? (sorry for the multiple questions)
It was the NFLPA union that initiated the whole thing, I can't tell you about the NBA union. I'm assuming the NBA union has no issues with this matter if we haven't heard about.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #200
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

I just saw this and didn't want to make a new thread for it , but Von Miller has the rights to his and got a scan yesterday for Madden, unlikely it will be added to M15, most likely 16.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407946590.948175.jpg

@jpdavis1982: @ClintOldenburg I saw this pic of @Millerlite40 in reference to face scans yesterday, is this a tattoo scan? http://t.co/qV9QP1D4a0

@ClintOldenburg: @jpdavis1982 @Millerlite40 yes, but unlikely to make it in to '15. We are building a catalogue for now AND future!

@ClintOldenburg: @jpdavis1982 keep in mind, each player must own the rights to all his work to get scanned. Different than NBA rules.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »