Home

NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #137
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Amazing how any part of the game that unintentionally benefits the consumer is quickly fixed while countless other problems will be ignored.
This. 2k has made a killing from basketball games, but their eyes have really turned green this generation. I used to think they were just lazy, but that is not the case. The last update did not fix anything. All it did was screw up mygm.

I am actually hoping live can make a come back. Its a sad day when a gamer is rooting for EA to save the day.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #138
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Go ahead and boycott it...people will still buy it. I'll buy it because I highly doubt NBA Live will be anything to compete against and basketball is part of my life.

Other than the VC, the game isn't as terrible as everyone always complains about it to be. This next gen was a foundation for the other next gen games to come and I think 2K15 will be better.

VC isn't going anywhere so I guess we'll just have to deal with it or you guys can stop playing it.
2k knows they have us by the balls after ea publicly admitted they screwed up live and that it was a disaster.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #139
Banned

I feel like i am done with this game too. I was comparing my stats with some friends, and it upset me that i had some dumb rare mycareer/mygm achievements and didnt have common ones like make 15 threes in a game or 10 offensive rebounds. All of them had them, but ive spent more time playing through mycareer, farming vc and upgrading my player that i havent actually really played the damn game as a team. And ive had the game since january.

Maybe thats why they took out association mode, reward cheesers on line, and give you no vc for playing games on their servers. 250 vc to see bosh get 5 blocks. They reward you for moving out of the way and trying to steal the ball or go for the block while you sit there stuck in an animation. In the nba thats 2 free throws or an open dunk. The park, well, its fun but a practice court would fix the wait time issue. Randoms are 9/10 ball hogs who think running up to the three point line and shooting over 2 people in 3 seconds is the best strategy.

Im done, any longer and u guys wont read it.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #140
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Iam beginning to think 2k doesnt really care about their product anymore because they have no competition. I hate to say it but the best basketball game they ever made came out in 2010. this new way of making the game assessable to everyone while making scoring super easy and defense super dumb has tarnished their reputation

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 03-29-2014, 01:31 PM   #141
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

OVR: 1

2K gave 25% off on VC lol "to resolve this issue"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #142
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm betting the tone around these parts may be much different come August than it has been at nearly any other time within the past ten years. I think an initial 2K15 information offering alluding to a return to what made them great (fully customize-able experience, return of aspects missing in 2K14) would be their best bet.

But even if 2K seems to have regained their wits about them, I have to think pre-release skepticism is going to be at an all-time high. I think a lot of folks have fully crossed over into "believe-it-when-I-see-it" territory on the heels of their experience this year. I can't really say what all this means for future sales, but I'm certainly interested to see how it all plays out.
I believe many people on these forums are skeptical but how that translates to the average purchase decision is anyone's guess.

Most people who buy the game don't play the game as meticulously as people on this forum and even if the game didn't hold their attention long last year it doesn't mean they're not willing to pick up it this year. However if the VC issue is really as big as it seems it may actually have an effect. Around the PS4 launch I saw people who had picked up 2K14 because it was supposed to be a solid next-gen experience with no prior experience of the game series and the response from a lot of them was negative on how microtransactions were present in everything in the game.

There's no doubt in my mind if the trend with these games continues that it will have an effect on copies sold but whether they make that money up through "whales" as they call big spenders in microtransaction world is unknown and how long it will take for the sales to take a dip may take a longer time than a couple of years.

Certainly if EA came out with a solid basketball game I believe a lot more 'hardcore' people would be willing to switch over than if 2K hadn't ruined the relationship towards the 'hardcore' audience. And where those people go, so does the public. The chance that EA comes out with a good game however seems unlikely at this point.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:36 PM   #143
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
I believe many people on these forums are skeptical but how that translates to the average purchase decision is anyone's guess.

Most people who buy the game don't play the game as meticulously as people on this forum and even if the game didn't hold their attention long last year it doesn't mean they're not willing to pick up it this year. However if the VC issue is really as big as it seems it may actually have an effect. Around the PS4 launch I saw people who had picked up 2K14 because it was supposed to be a solid next-gen experience with no prior experience of the game series and the response from a lot of them was negative on how microtransactions were present in everything in the game.

There's no doubt in my mind if the trend with these games continues that it will have an effect on copies sold but whether they make that money up through "whales" as they call big spenders in microtransaction world is unknown and how long it will take for the sales to take a dip may take a longer time than a couple of years.

Certainly if EA came out with a solid basketball game I believe a lot more 'hardcore' people would be willing to switch over than if 2K hadn't ruined the relationship towards the 'hardcore' audience. And where those people go, so does the public. The chance that EA comes out with a good game however seems unlikely at this point.
Well said. I'm with you on all accounts. I don't know what's going to happen, but I feel it may be interesting.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #144
Rookie

They need to fix the damn freezing...Already lost one mycareer to it and they gave me back all my vc...But now, ts freezing again and this time my save isn't even on the hard drive, cause they told me not to save it in the same spot as the last one..So I saved it on that other memory space on the 360 and now its doing it again...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »