Home

NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #129
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

I don't care if they make a perfect game next year, they screwed us over this year. They're not getting my money again until I'm convinced they respect the people who've supported them all these years.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:12 PM   #130
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03

To specify, i'm talking about both. Legacy issues are my biggest gripe personally(i mean there are plenty problems that haven't been addressed in years) but the vc rewards being reduced(and vc in general) is just icing on the cake. But i here i was referring to a lot of people voicing how upset they are about vc, but will continue to support a product they act like they have so much disdain for.

Ahh ok I get what you mean. The same people complaining about VC to no end, will probably still buy the next 2k. This is definitely true. Just wait for the 2k hype train to come back around august then everybody will forget about how much they dislike VC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #131
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Ahh ok I get what you mean. The same people complaining about VC to no end, will probably still buy the next 2k. This is definitely true. Just wait for the 2k hype train to come back around august then everybody will forget about how much they dislike VC.
I'm betting the tone around these parts may be much different come August than it has been at nearly any other time within the past ten years. I think an initial 2K15 information offering alluding to a return to what made them great (fully customize-able experience, return of aspects missing in 2K14) would be their best bet.

But even if 2K seems to have regained their wits about them, I have to think pre-release skepticism is going to be at an all-time high. I think a lot of folks have fully crossed over into "believe-it-when-I-see-it" territory on the heels of their experience this year. I can't really say what all this means for future sales, but I'm certainly interested to see how it all plays out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #132
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm betting the tone around these parts may be much different come August than it has been at nearly any other time within the past ten years. I think an initial 2K15 information offering alluding to a return to what made them great (fully customize-able experience, return of aspects missing in 2K14) would be their best bet.

But even if 2K seems to have regained their wits about them, I have to think pre-release skepticism is going to be at an all-time high. I think a lot of folks have fully crossed over into "believe-it-when-I-see-it" territory on the heels of their experience this year. I can't really say what all this means for future sales, but I'm certainly interested to see how it all plays out.

The only way I see a noticeable change this year is if Live comes out with something big. Otherwise people are still gonna want to play their basketball games and most likely disregard any skepticism.
2k only has to say one word to get everyone back on the bandwagon. Crew.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #133
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
The only way I see a noticeable change this year is if Live comes out with something big. Otherwise people are still gonna want to play their basketball games and most likely disregard any skepticism.
2k only has to say one word to get everyone back on the bandwagon. Crew.
Perhaps you are right. I honestly have no idea how it'll shake out. I think there's a lot of offline folks, like myself, who also couldn't care less about Crew, though that's obviously just one feature example. If nothing else, I feel like many typical release day buyers will be much more cautious this year.

Going without a current basketball video game was a bit easier this year than I thought it would be. Many may have to buy a ball game every year on impulse (like the millions who buy a new Madden regardless of how they feel about the game itself every year) but I think more and more may realize skipping out on a basketball title isn't the worst thing in the world, particularly if things continue down a path for which many consumers do not favor.

For me, even if 2K15 promises everything on my personal little wishlist (more classic teams, return of create-a-player, create-a-team, Reelmaker, Association, D-League, manual saves, Summer League), I'd still be very guarded until the game was released and put through the ringer. Even prior to 2K14, there was a pattern developing there where new features were being trumpeted, only for some nasty truths to be revealed post-release (ex: Dream Team couldn't be edited, 2K13 removed manual saves, 2K14's slight form of DRM). For many, I think things have gone from "I trust these guys, automatic buy no matter what" to "Welp, we'll just have to see about that."
Old 03-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #134
MVP

Quote:
Perhaps you are right. I honestly have no idea how it'll shake out. I think there's a lot of offline folks, like myself, who also couldn't care less about Crew, though that's obviously just one feature example. If nothing else, I feel like many typical release day buyers will be much more cautious this year.

Going without a current basketball video game was a bit easier this year than I thought it would be. Many may have to buy a ball game every year on impulse (like the millions who buy a new Madden regardless of how they feel about the game itself every year) but I think more and more may realize skipping out on a basketball title isn't the worst thing in the world, particularly if things continue down a path for which many consumers do not favor.

For me, even if 2K15 promises everything on my personal little wishlist (more classic teams, return of create-a-player, create-a-team, Reelmaker, Association, D-League, manual saves, Summer League), I'd still be very guarded until the game was released and put through the ringer. Even prior to 2K14, there was a pattern developing there where new features were being trumpeted, only for some nasty truths to be revealed post-release (ex: Dream Team couldn't be edited, 2K13 removed manual saves, 2K14's slight form of DRM). For many, I think things have gone from "I trust these guys, automatic buy no matter what" to "Welp, we'll just have to see about that."

I wish I could say that would be the case. There's just so many impulse gamers out there. I've seen people talk about how ****ty cod is one week and then buy the new one the next. It makes no sense but it happens. People always feel like they need the newest product out there for whatever reason.
There may be more cautious buyers out there but ultimately I see them purchasing the game any way. I wish people would just be more careful with their purchases and what they're choosing to support.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #135
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I did not buy it and I refuse to now. Removal of OA. Forcing VC to be used in every mode. I was gonna hit up ebay and look for a used copy for 30ish. Not now. This is a mobile free to play game that they have asked 60 for. If they want to go this route and try ti force eople to buy VC, then the game should be free, just like countless other mobile games thst follow the same pattern. At least they don't double dip you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 06:28 AM   #136
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I'm betting the tone around these parts may be much different come August than it has been at nearly any other time within the past ten years. I think an initial 2K15 information offering alluding to a return to what made them great (fully customize-able experience, return of aspects missing in 2K14) would be their best bet. ...
There is only one compelling reason for me to get 2k15... the Lakers will have a draft pick in the first round and I will be able to start a MyCareer with them without going through all the hoops needed for 2k14.

The change of Charlotte to the Hornets would be as well but since I am only going to get the PC version it is not as compelling.

Depending on everything going on with 2k as a studio and publisher will determine if I buy any title beyond that. If the situation remains as it is (with VC especially) or gets worse then 2k15 will be the last title I purchase from 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »