Home

NBA Live 14 Updates Rosters, Over 500 Player Ratings and Adds More Jerseys

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Updates Rosters, Over 500 Player Ratings and Adds More Jerseys within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #49
Banned

Live2K's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Updates Rosters, Over 500 Player Ratings and Adds More Jerseys

Obviously this isn't the thread for it but comparisons and what each does better should be allowed to be discussed constructively somewhere. Where?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
Obviously this isn't the thread for it but comparisons and what each does better should be allowed to be discussed constructively somewhere. Where?

Yeah! I think this forum should have a section where we could all have a discussion on what a game does better than the other as long as its respectful. Developers or managers of either title would be able to peak in those threads from time to time to pick are brains and help improve their sports games.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #51
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

In the past, I've seen them in the "other basketball games" forum...

and honestly, i am pretty sure it's cool to make some comparisons here...It's when guys start using those comparisons to excuse one game or the other, or trash one game to build another, issues arise....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #52
Rookie

Andrews's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
have you seen lebron in the sleeved jerseys?

id say its pretty accurate. if anything its not tight enough.
For real accuracy, Lebron's shooting touch should go down when he wears sleeves LOL
Old 03-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakeemdaprince
See you are misinformed and that's how bad information spreads.Live 08 plays nothing like this game with the player icons like 2k stole.They took ideas from Elite & this is polished version of Live 13 no different from 2k14 current/last. They had a year and a half development cycle and that's why I say ppl better be thankful cause if 2k gets in the same position they are going out of business (all the VC in the world is not enough to fund a engine overhaul).
2k didnt steal anything from live. Wang left live and came back to 2k and brought his ideas. I've played live 14 and live 08. Its no different to me, theres no player movement or IQ and all you have to do is drive to the basket to score. I use to be a huge fan of the live franchise, but they've let me down too many times. NBA Live 14 might go down as the worst game in history
Old 03-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #54
Rookie

Live 14 does have some positives to take away, even if this year wasn't what we expected. First, bouncetek. I think it's awesome, makes dribbling and shooting fun. Second, presentation, if they can get the commentating down in 15, it's going to be amazing. I played 2k, yeah this isn't the 2k forum but it needs to be said. The menus and loading screens look abysmal. Commentating is obviously top notch but it is growing old. Third, UT, yeah there isn't a trade block but damn if it isn't fun to play and easy to understand and get points to spend. Fourth, the competition, it felt refreshing to have another game to play this year. I enjoy the hell out of it even though it has its glaring flaws. Being really busy, it's super easy for me to pick it up and play a game and actually feel like I have some sort of skill lol. I understand people bashing the game but it comes down to personal opinion. I'm looking glass half full and I think 15 will be better. They know what they need to fix, graphics and animations should be their top priority.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #55
Banned

Live2K's Arena

Well maybe some posters here should be allowed their own thread to bash live because its too funny. We've got one guy who hasn't said one positive thing about live in well ever and uses every thread to voice that opinion to the fans not the developers.. Not even a "like" of something positive lol.

Anyways with the focus back to rosters they should update more frequently now! It is too bad that synergy doesn't handle ovr and just tendencies though. If anything this will show ea the need for user roster edits and more control in 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #56
Banned

I respect the opinion of all of those who responded to my post. I must admit some of you guys have come a long way since Live 14 was launched from bashing it. It's more on the writers not named Steve Noah.He does his research but the other guy that made a whole forum about Live not keeping its promise & dudes was eating that up. He (mmchris) was dead wrong and clearly showing his bias. I have both games btw

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »