Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

I feel like there are to many incredible potential guys each year in the draft. I love the generational player concept but every draft doesn't multiple potential stars or even 1 star sometimes in the draft. It would make it more meaningful when a draft came where there is 4 or 5 potential superstars. More often then not lottery picks do not give exceptional returns plenty become nothing more the really good role players filling a specific weakness. Honestly to many 80 and up ovr rated players period, players ovr and ratings in general need to be looked at
Old 03-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #210
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackninja
I feel like there are to many incredible potential guys each year in the draft. I love the generational player concept but every draft doesn't multiple potential stars or even 1 star sometimes in the draft. It would make it more meaningful when a draft came where there is 4 or 5 potential superstars. More often then not lottery picks do not give exceptional returns plenty become nothing more the really good role players filling a specific weakness. Honestly to many 80 and up ovr rated players period, players ovr and ratings in general need to be looked at
So true here.I just hope the make the draft smarter and more challenging and make sense.I would love to see the players walk up put the hat on of the team and shake the komiss hand.

Sent from my HTC One SV BLK using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #211
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27

Have future picks that have been traded IRL added into the Association mode, for example Charlotte owes a future pick to Chicago, and Detroit owes a pick to Charlotte. Also give us the ability to trade picks further than 1 year into the future.

NFL
Carolina Panthers

College
Carolina Tar Heels

Won't change until:
1) Hornets win a playoff game
2) Panthers win a Super Bowl
3) Tar Heels win another championship (Completed: 4/3/2017)

PSN:BetterHigh1990

Starting 1/10/12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 8

Drive cam 2.0

Make it more zoomed in so I feel even closer to the action also make it with an even lower height. I want to feel like I'm right on the court.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #213
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

after playing more the last few days i have a few more wishlist items:

give us the option in my career to have no nickname. i hate the ones that are there and the fact that 90% of the time the commentary refers to my nickname instead of my players actual name just kills it for me.

spacing/ai. this is a complaint ive had for a few years now but it is especially evident in my career. the spacing is horrible. if i post up and have the ball i shouldnt have any other teammate right next to me. coupled with the fact that we cant call a simple isolation if were not the pg or have the on-court-coach sig skill and it becomes very frustrating. even if im not in the post the spacing is too ridiculous from the cpu defense. they sag 5 feet off their man which completely blocks any kind of lane. that would be ok if the reaction and closeout speeds were realistic. but as soon as i press the button to pass to my "open" teammate (whos man is essentially covering me because theyre so close) that defender immediately is back covering his own guy before the ball even gets there.

commentary needs to focus on the court. ive said this plenty of times but i just think it cannot be overstated. its great that there is very little dead air but it comes at the expense of irrelevant information. one of my teammates had a monster block that knocked the ball out of bounds. all they said was "blocked!" and then since the play was dead they went of with "lets take this opportunity to talk about leagues best passers". it kills the immersion. they need to understand what is happening on the court and talk about that. the majority of commentary should focus on the game. league leader information and things like that should be reserved for the beginning of the game. i was playing a game as the pistons vs the nets and they randomly brought up the all time top three assist leaders. no lead-in or anything. not even anyone in the game who was close to the top three.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #214
Just started!

Renaldo Richardson's Arena

1 : Add more faces , better looking hairstyles , and add tattoo sleeves back. The fact that there aren't many faces and you decreased is ridicules. Also taking away the tattoo when we ask its crazy as well. Add in a feature where we can copy a current nba players hairstyle or tattoo type.

2 : BRING BACK CREW MODE & ONLINE ASSOCIATION mode. I was kinda upset that you guys took out the 2 best game modes that sold your game on current gen. Crew mode was great but make it so we can edit our team fully and actually play 4 quarter games. But mainly I want online association back. Me and my friends loved drafting , trading , and doing the whole off-season thing together trying to build a team with each other. Just add Online association back period haha

3 : I hate how every player is so physic or EVERY team just catches fire when down every time. When I throw a wide open pass with a defenders head turned the other way he shouldn't be able to turn around and swat nor steal like really ?! Also how come when I'm right next to a trailing player or in-bounding a player just throws the ball out of bounds or just throw a very lame duck pass ? That happens a little to often , just like a team randomly catching fire , becoming shaq with rebounds or just having super active hands. You guys are making the AI impossible , unrealistic to the point where I don't even wanna buy the game.

4 : MyCareer has gotta be the worst game mode ever. I hate the obvious cut scenes , repetitive cut scenes or same thing every time. And I also hate how players don't even talk during cut scenes but they talk in halftime interviews. Add in better story lines like Madden. You can choose to be low round fighter , high pick , or undrafted route. I think it would add in a better variety to my career mode also keep people interested.

5 : Presentation has been the same for almost 10 years now like honestly. It's seems like you guys are holding back or just taking away. We're on a way better system and I'm 100 % sure you guys can make a more advanced presentation day in and day out. I wanna see a better halftime show with highlights from real life or other games in my association mode. Also I wanna see the commentators during the shoot around like in 2K9 , and see more in detail stats at the end & halftime. And add cheerleaders back , better mascot animations , and better crowd. Seems like he crowd is always dead and never hype for big shots , playoff games , or huge rivalry games and add celebrities & NBA players to all star court sides and at big games or big teams. Like Miami with Lil'Wayne or Birdman , and NYC with Spike Lee. Don't just have one celebrity add multiple at the game. Add in ALL all star events not just 3 .

7 : Add more games to play not just 2 modes. Add back in the " NBA Greatest Legends " mode from 2K12 and this make it so we get random myTeam cards if we win. But this time add more legends like Reggie Miller , Tracy McGrady , Alonzo , AI and Current great players. Also add in celebrity & all star team into the Team Up selection.

Overall I give NBA 2K14 for PS4 a C- but current gen B. If you actually take the time to look at your game , listen to the public not just you own heart & mind which has made this trashy game maybe it would be acceptable.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #215
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm going to ask for just three things that can realistically be applied next year. One big addition, one aesthetic addition and one change to myPlayer.

Big addition:
Add the ability to have expansion teams. Creating a new team, logo and jerseys could be all achieved online like EA Sports Teambuilder. Then we could implement them in franchise - or myGM - and add them to the league. To ensure balance in the conferences there should be another expansion team added to the other conference (I am pretty sure All-Star Baseball 2003 had Expansion Mode which is along the lines of what I would like to see). For example I would love to bring back and control the Seattle Supersonics and have the computer generate a second expansion team for the Eastern Conference.

Aesthetic addition:
A deeper created player system. The generated players given this year weren't bad for next-gen but only having 23 faces to choose from really ruined the immersion later in the franchise modes. On the subject of generated players, the computer uses the worst random play accessories. According to the computer every rookie wears some sort of never-used accessory like hand wraps, forearm sleeves, or Jordan calf-sleeves. It would also be nice to add things like headbands and goggles again (plus we should have the option to add face masks like Rip Hamilton, Kobe Bryant or Lebron James).

MyPlayer addition:
Just fix the draft logic and what goes into it. The rookie showcase is dumb, really dumb. I would rather have a combine and extensive interviews with more than three teams to asses where you go. And don't make it so we are automatically a 1st round pick, if I make a few mistakes at the combine I want to end up in the 2nd round and if I really mess up I should go undrafted (although don't make it impossible to get drafted in the Lottery). And after you're drafted you should have to do the summer league, this can help with your team deciding how many minutes you get at the start of the season.

Which brings me to my point on if you start immediately or not. If I get drafted by the Sixers at SG and have a higher overall then the other players at the position, I should at least be averaging 25 minutes out of the gate. I think it would be also cool if you could choose a path before the draft like NBA superstar, role player or late-blossoming prospect (low overall that rises more after the first three years).

Obviously I want more but I think these three things would be fantastic.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #216
Pro

smiley3's Arena

OVR: 1

Has anyone mentioned bring players and coaches back like Phil Jackson!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »