Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #201
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie923
(Unless I'm missing something and you can do this)

- Have the ability to take off preset injuries from roster updates.
Yes, yes, yes! So infuriating using an older roster with injuries and I can't remove them.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #202
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah I like this I wish they bring back full editing of every player and go deeper with the injuries.Add more anamations with the injuries based on what the player hurts. If it a ankle have the player holding his ankle as well as his head or shoulder or wrist to so what's hurt.Instead we get one injury animation with the player getting help like it a knee injury but they then kome back a concussion.

Sent from my HTC One SV BLK using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #203
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Hope they add more to winning the title and talk about it the next seasons after it's won and have story lines talking bout rookies thats koming into the league.They need to show the that your team has won the title by showing the banner your team's first home game.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #204
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Yeah I like this I wish they bring back full editing of every player and go deeper with the injuries.Add more anamations with the injuries based on what the player hurts. If it a ankle have the player holding his ankle as well as his head or shoulder or wrist to so what's hurt.Instead we get one injury animation with the player getting help like it a knee injury but they then kome back a concussion.

To piggyback off your injury idea, I'd also like to see injuries handled correctly by the players, coaches, and trainers. I'm unsure if it was changed for 2K14, but for years an in-game injury in NBA 2K has meant a single player writhing on the ground by himself, while his teammates (and opposition) move as far away as possible.

It'd be nice to see proper personnel (trainers) take the floor, teammates checking to see if a player is alright, and people aiding the injured off the court. If we were feeling particularly innovative, there could even be wheelchairs or stretchers for particularly serious injuries.

Also, I believe more varied injury animations could go a long way. Players do not always immediately hit the deck and begin rocking back and forth like Peter Griffin. Perhaps when rolling an ankle, maybe a player could hobble severely for a step or two before crumpling out of bounds. Maybe some injuries result in a sprawl. Maybe other injuries don't knock a player down, but send him hobbling toward his bench, or bending over in the backcourt. There's an open book of possibility there.

Last edited by VDusen04; 04-22-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #205
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

ive been hoping for this for a few years:

they absolutely need to fix the draft logic in mycareer. i just started a new one last night. played the rookie showcase and ended up with 27 pts 71 fg% 7 ast 5 reb 5 stl 1blk 2 to (one of which came from a pass to noel that went through him and out of bounds and the other from the pass going the opposite direction i was holding) and had an a+ grade from the sf position. easily the best in the game. jackson ellis ended up with 21 pts 3 ast 2 reb. i completed all the dynamic goals with the exception of two: take the lead before halftime [got taken out literally one play (a score with me getting the assist) after that goal popped up and was out for the rest of the half so it was impossible] and going on a 6-0 run to start the third quarter due to my teammates not playing defense (started the quarter with a steal and fast break score). 10 pts in the first quarter? check. hold ellis scoreless for the last 4 minutes of the third? check. outscore ellis in the fourth? check.

i interviewed with the pistons and cavs. so im thinking i should go #1 overall easily right? the cavs are in desperate need for a solid sf and i clearly fit the bill after dominating the showcase. i also chose cleveland when asked where i wanted to play. i ended up going 9th? to the pistons. ellis was drafted 4th overall to the wizards. so not only do i not get drafted by a team where i would be a perfect fit and wanted to play but ellis gets drafted five spots ahead of me when i completely outperformed him in every way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #206
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
ive been hoping for this for a few years:

they absolutely need to fix the draft logic in mycareer. i just started a new one last night. played the rookie showcase and ended up with 27 pts 71 fg% 7 ast 5 reb 5 stl 1blk 2 to (one of which came from a pass to noel that went through him and out of bounds and the other from the pass going the opposite direction i was holding) and had an a+ grade from the sf position. easily the best in the game. jackson ellis ended up with 21 pts 3 ast 2 reb. i completed all the dynamic goals with the exception of two: take the lead before halftime [got taken out literally one play (a score with me getting the assist) after that goal popped up and was out for the rest of the half so it was impossible] and going on a 6-0 run to start the third quarter due to my teammates not playing defense (started the quarter with a steal and fast break score). 10 pts in the first quarter? check. hold ellis scoreless for the last 4 minutes of the third? check. outscore ellis in the fourth? check.

i interviewed with the pistons and cavs. so im thinking i should go #1 overall easily right? the cavs are in desperate need for a solid sf and i clearly fit the bill after dominating the showcase. i also chose cleveland when asked where i wanted to play. i ended up going 9th? to the pistons. ellis was drafted 4th overall to the wizards. so not only do i not get drafted by a team where i would be a perfect fit and wanted to play but ellis gets drafted five spots ahead of me when i completely outperformed him in every way.
The Wizards had the 3rd pick, the highest you can go in this game is the 4th pick to the Bobcats...I know because I went there. I also had a crazy good game except I completed all the goals given to me, scored 41 points, 9 rebounds, and 7 assists. Had a few blocks and 5 steals...Ellis had like 8 points.

I agree the draft logic is bad, however at least last year it was possible to go #1 or to any team really.

***Like many people have said, just having the rookie showcase game is dumb in my opinion. Bring back the drills and combine and several games. Make it so you can go 1st round (to any team if you're good enough) 2nd round or undrafted and some team picks you up for the D-League...or have you be undrafted and someone will pick you up for the Summer-League. This would add much needed depth to the mode
Old 03-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #207
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
The Wizards had the 3rd pick, the highest you can go in this game is the 4th pick to the Bobcats...I know because I went there. I also had a crazy good game except I completed all the goals given to me, scored 41 points, 9 rebounds, and 7 assists. Had a few blocks and 5 steals...Ellis had like 8 points.

I agree the draft logic is bad, however at least last year it was possible to go #1 or to any team really.

***Like many people have said, just having the rookie showcase game is dumb in my opinion. Bring back the drills and combine and several games. Make it so you can go 1st round (to any team if you're good enough) 2nd round or undrafted and some team picks you up for the D-League...or have you be undrafted and someone will pick you up for the Summer-League. This would add much needed depth to the mode
definitely agree with this. the strange part is that this is the second sf i made. the first one i played considerably worse in the showcase (like 21 pts 3 ast 2 reb or somewhere in that area and only completed one of the dynamic goals) and only had a b or b- teammate grade but i ended up going fifth overall in that one.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #208
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
definitely agree with this. the strange part is that this is the second sf i made. the first one i played considerably worse in the showcase (like 21 pts 3 ast 2 reb or somewhere in that area and only completed one of the dynamic goals) and only had a b or b- teammate grade but i ended up going fifth overall in that one.
Yeah I've noticed that! It seems the worse you do sometimes you go higher...My current MyPlayer is a SF too and I was interviewed by the Suns and the Pistons, ended up going to the Bobcats.

Guess I'll have to eventually ask for a trade since the free agency doesn't work and I don't really want to be in Charlotte long-term. Everyone is going to be dying to get drafted by the Bobcats (soon to be Hornets next year) haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »