Home

NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2014, 01:33 PM   #89
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

Old 02-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

Looks like a lot of the ratings were updated as well.

New 3-point ratings:

Korver - 94
Belinelli - 91
Allen - 85
Marshall - 84
Dragic - 81

Overall ratings

Dragic - 84

Those are just the ones that I noticed immediately. I'm sure there were more changes.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #91
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
The head developer is the guy who made the promises!

Barely a single player's rating edited all season = lazy.

Not even a trade deadline roster = lazy.

Guys on IR for months before being taken off = lazy.

There's just NO other way to say it except that the entire team are either completely incompetent or disgracefully lazy. Roster editors on this site make rating changes for the 'other' game for free / in their own time. These guys at EA are getting PAID to do this. In the time they have been on twitch and facebook, they could have done a roster updated with UPDATED RATINGS. Anyone here could do it in a few hours. There's no other way to describe this other than they took people's money, laughed and left.

Maybe we are naïve thinking these guys give a crap. I mean, there's barely been a single rating edit. Trades weeks late at times. Maybe they are not "lazy", maybe they just don't give a crap.
I see you just got here in January, so let me start by making clear I know the quotes, I know who said them. You don't have to give me that information. I'm one of the most critical people of EA Sports and this franchise on these forums, so this isn't me trying to excuse them or anything.

If you're going to criticize them though, you need to be a little more fair/accurate about doing so. Calling them lazy or lacking work ethic just isn't the case. Again, making video games is hard work, making sports video games on yearly cycles is even harder. There's a difference between lazy and deceitful. What you're getting is deceitfulness. IMO EA Sports HAD to put a game out this year if they ever wanted Live to be a thing again. There's no chance in hell that they could cancel this year's game again and expect to ever come back. This game is not good and full of problems so they need to sell this thing and just make it to Live 15. They know they have large group of guys that'll eat up everything they serve up to them no matter how many times they see video of them spitting in the pot while they're preparing their food. So they'll promise whatever they need to, to get people looking in their direction to grab as many sales as they can off this product they know is bad.

They're working on 15 now man. As they should be. All that stuff not getting done like it should this year? That's not laziness, it just wasn't ever going to happen the way it was promised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #92
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Calling them lazy or lacking work ethic just isn't the case. Again, making video games is hard work, making sports video games on yearly cycles is even harder.

I'll grant you that making a game is difficult.

But we are talking about updating rosters and editing ratings. That does NOT take a lot of work. The 'other' game has an absolutely killer roster out right now that makes the game much better with all accessories, tendencies etc. That roster was done for FREE in their OWN time by users here. There's no excuse for EA's LIVE team barely changing a rating all season, barely fixing accessories, leaving injured players in starting line ups for months etc etc. A roster update, forget the hourly stuff they promised / even once a week would have been acceptable and it would not have been hard to do. Especially as they block users from doing it themselves. They basically went to sleep on major trades, ratings and injuries all season. That IS apathy.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #93
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

I logged on a few moments ago and the rosters were updated. I checked here and there was no mention of it as I thought there would be. Just started over my Dynasty with the "new"rosters.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 03-02-2014, 12:11 AM   #94
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
I logged on a few moments ago and the rosters were updated. I checked here and there was no mention of it as I thought there would be. Just started over my Dynasty with the "new"rosters.

It was mentioned a few posts above yours....jyoung even detailed se changes that were made...were you expecting a article congratulating EA for doing so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 03-02-2014 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #95
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It was mentioned a few posts above yours....jyoung even detailed se changes that were made...were you expecting a article congratulating EA for doing so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I didn't scroll up far enough. Not a congratulation post per say, but something along the lines of FINALLY! I'm glad its been finally updated. My Sixers are horrible!! Great team to start a dynasty with in game.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #96
Rookie

no sooner than we say this what happens on mar1 a roster update lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »