Home

NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

I was fortunate to go back and play NBA Live 10 today, and all you can feel is dissapointed when you compare it to Live 14. They degraded Live 14 so bad its not even funny! The damage they placed on themselves is irreparable IMO. I don't know where their future stands with their basketball franchise.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

I think at this very moment the biggest letdown for me is yet again I feel abandoned by EA ala NCAA Basketball 10

A few months back EA producers/Dev were on here chiming in and now that we have SERIOUS CONCERNS, questions about features/bugs that haven't been addressed they go MIA and I'm pretty confident we won't hear from them again until Live 15 and I'm not even holding my breath that Live 15 is gonna happen now after yet another abandonment.

I love competition between titles but hell this ain't competition. This is comical at best

At the end of the day my "Word, Commitment" on different life's encounters with people means everything. No matter how big/small it may mean to someone. If I give you my word I follow through and if I can't you better damn well believe I'm gonna contact you ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 02-26-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #75
Rookie

Another thing that dissapointed me was the lie they said about this being a new team. Well I checked those Live 10 credits, and its pretty much the same guys with a few new guys added for this Live 14 project. You cannot buy all the excuses or pleas these companies are trying to feed us. The company and team have been lazy with no true work ethic or vision for this game's future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Another thing that dissapointed me was the lie they said about this being a new team. Well I checked those Live 10 credits, and its pretty much the same guys with a few new guys added for this Live 14 project. You cannot buy all the excuses or pleas these companies are trying to feed us. The company and team have been lazy with no true work ethic or vision for this game's future.
Wow, you sure called them out on that! But really; who is held accountable? Is it the Devs or the Suits?
cheers
Old 02-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #77
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Can't vibe with you on this man. The devs are not lazy or lacking of work ethic. I don't believe that. I think that these guys are talented, they do have a passion for what they're doing and they do want to make a good basketball game. The problem I think is that they're also full of ego, arrogance and a certain level of stubborness. Over the summer just like every other team at EA since Live 10 and like the team's on Madden, these guys were talking about being up for the challenge of saving/changing the franchises and they understood people being skeptical and so on. Then as soon as the first sign of criticism comes their way they're making excuses and getting upset and blaming review sites and calling people that didn't buy the game "non-hardcore" basketball fans and all this stuff. Every opportunity they've gotten they've made it about us not knowing how to play their game or not playing their game the way they envisioned the game to be played as opposed to making the game the fans have wanted. That to me screams ego and pride more than a lack of work ethic or vision.

They know the game they want to make, the problem is it's really not the same game that it should be.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #78
Banned

Live2K's Arena

This is a shame because live 10 did this flawlessly. I wonder why they changed synergy for live 14 to be imputed manually.

Maybe it's the new systems or maybe they didn't want live 14 being updated along with any new iterations in the future.

Wasn't live 10 still updating years after until they removed the patches and shut synergy down?
Old 02-26-2014, 09:17 PM   #79
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
This is a shame because live 10 did this flawlessly. I wonder why they changed synergy for live 14 to be imputed manually.

Maybe it's the new systems or maybe they didn't want live 14 being updated along with any new iterations in the future.

Wasn't live 10 still updating years after until they removed the patches and shut synergy down?
They updated it the year elite was canceled one last time.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #80
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K

This also is inaccurate. They didn't update Live 10 flawlessly. It was updating, but the rosters still weren't right, hence the OS community members that were constantly doing roster/ratings updates here. We've yet to have a basketball game get default rosters and roster updates correct. The difference is the teams weren't dumb enough to completely eliminate roster editing of any kind from the game. Live 10 was good and all, but let's not let all the pitfalls of EA Sports basketball since Live 10 cloud the picture of what Live 10 really was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »