Home

NBA Live 14 Is Barely Up****** Its Players

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Is Barely Up****** Its Players within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Is Barely Up****** Its Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Can't vibe with you on this man. The devs are not lazy or lacking of work ethic. I don't believe that. I think that these guys are talented, they do have a passion for what they're doing and they do want to make a good basketball game. The problem I think is that they're also full of ego, arrogance and a certain level of stubborness. Over the summer just like every other team at EA since Live 10 and like the team's on Madden, these guys were talking about being up for the challenge of saving/changing the franchises and they understood people being skeptical and so on. Then as soon as the first sign of criticism comes their way they're making excuses and getting upset and blaming review sites and calling people that didn't buy the game "non-hardcore" basketball fans and all this stuff. Every opportunity they've gotten they've made it about us not knowing how to play their game or not playing their game the way they envisioned the game to be played as opposed to making the game the fans have wanted. That to me screams ego and pride more than a lack of work ethic or vision.

They know the game they want to make, the problem is it's really not the same game that it should be.

Maybe I'm harsh with my words, but I'm exhausted with how this series has been mismanaged to death. You want to have hope for them and the game, but there has been nothing but disappointment with two games being canned and a game that is seriously outdated. I challenge them to make a great game to win the community back, but I don't think they can accomplish that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 10:49 PM   #82
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Maybe I'm harsh with my words, but I'm exhausted with how this series has been mismanaged to death. You want to have hope for them and the game, but there has been nothing but disappointment with two games being canned and a game that is seriously outdated. I challenge them to make a great game to win the community back, but I don't think they can accomplish that.

Youre just nerfhoops.... or
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Haters just stop hating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 02-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #83
Pro

Quote:
The devs are not lazy or lacking of work ethic. .

Work ethic = making promises and then actually doing what you say you will.

Lazy = talking things up and then doing nothing.

I will let these quotes speak for themselves:

"Our connected experience doesn’t stop at player ratings – data will also affects the way each player looks. If Derrick Rose drops a new colorway for his sneakers during the season, the new kicks will be updated in NBA LIVE 14. No waiting for a roster update, no special patch, just another piece that gets automatically updated each day. Same goes for new accessories or gear, even haircuts. Anytime an NBA player changes up his look NBA LIVE 14 will be there to make him look right in-game."

"I want NBA Live to be relevant to the NBA fan throughout the entire NBA season, providing data and content updates that keep your gaming experience fresh and in lockstep with everything that's going on in the real world NBA...I'm really excited about being able to update our game within an hour of something happening in the NBA. We're going to be making an enormous investment into this connected experience."

Sean O'Brien, Executive Producer NBA Live 14
June 18, 2013
Old 02-26-2014, 11:37 PM   #84
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier

"Our connected experience doesn’t stop at player ratings – data will also affects the way each player looks. If Derrick Rose drops a new colorway for his sneakers during the season, the new kicks will be updated in NBA LIVE 14. No waiting for a roster update, no special patch, just another piece that gets automatically updated each day. Same goes for new accessories or gear, even haircuts. Anytime an NBA player changes up his look NBA LIVE 14 will be there to make him look right in-game."

"I want NBA Live to be relevant to the NBA fan throughout the entire NBA season, providing data and content updates that keep your gaming experience fresh and in lockstep with everything that's going on in the real world NBA...I'm really excited about being able to update our game within an hour of something happening in the NBA. We're going to be making an enormous investment into this connected experience."

June 18, 2013
No need to show me the quotes, believe me I already know them. However that doesn't make them lazy or lacking a work ethic. At the end of the day, you have to have a decent work ethic to push a sports video game (any game really) out of the door. We all know the sort of work that EA workers put in. They promised something and aren't delivering. That doesn't mean the guys making the game are lazy, it means marketing is full of liars and telling you whatever they think you want to hear to get your 60 bucks separated from your wallet. There's definitely a difference. Please, don't make me defend them.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:09 AM   #85
Pro

Quote:
No need to show me the quotes, believe me I already know them. However that doesn't make them lazy or lacking a work ethic. At the end of the day, you have to have a decent work ethic to push a sports video game (any game really) out of the door. We all know the sort of work that EA workers put in. They promised something and aren't delivering. That doesn't mean the guys making the game are lazy, it means marketing is full of liars and telling you whatever they think you want to hear to get your 60 bucks separated from your wallet. There's definitely a difference. Please, don't make me defend them.

The head developer is the guy who made the promises!

Barely a single player's rating edited all season = lazy.

Not even a trade deadline roster = lazy.

Guys on IR for months before being taken off = lazy.

There's just NO other way to say it except that the entire team are either completely incompetent or disgracefully lazy. Roster editors on this site make rating changes for the 'other' game for free / in their own time. These guys at EA are getting PAID to do this. In the time they have been on twitch and facebook, they could have done a roster updated with UPDATED RATINGS. Anyone here could do it in a few hours. There's no other way to describe this other than they took people's money, laughed and left.

Maybe we are naïve thinking these guys give a crap. I mean, there's barely been a single rating edit. Trades weeks late at times. Maybe they are not "lazy", maybe they just don't give a crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier

June 18, 2013
There we go right here! Just answered my question, on who is responsible! DEVS, DEVS, DEVS!
No PR, No marketing! just from the Executive Producer himself! Sean O'Brien
You wonder why people are disliking the NBA LIVE franchise, more, and more! Except for the die hard sheep, looking to get something free from EA (copy of the game; or maybe an invite down to community day, to play the "beta" early!!!)

cheers
Old 02-28-2014, 01:02 AM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
There we go right here! Just answered my question, on who is responsible! DEVS, DEVS, DEVS!
No PR, No marketing! just from the Executive Producer himself! Sean O'Brien
You wonder why people are disliking the NBA LIVE franchise, more, and more! Except for the die hard sheep, looking to get something free from EA (copy of the game; or maybe an invite down to community day, to play the "beta" early!!!)

cheers
Now to be FAIR about the situation! I fully understand that things change constantly!
But as my wife always states to me; Poor/or lack of communication between partners; will always cost YOU, in the end; and when the end happens; "How do you TRUST that partner again?" (if ever?)
I wonder how fast EA plans to back track? to correct this issue? (if they plan to?)

SMH
Old 02-28-2014, 01:29 PM   #88
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

NBA Live 14 Is Barely Up****** Its Players

They released an update which fixed antetokounmpo and wolters. WTF, you may now return to playing the game.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »