Home

NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #57
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

I know "Live is Back" really sounds good in EA corporate circles, but at the end of the day, if the bottom line is suffering (and it for damn sure is), it can't continue. So just put that dev team out of their misery and just cancel the franchise.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 02-25-2014, 10:33 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
I know "Live is Back" really sounds good in EA corporate circles, but at the end of the day, if the bottom line is suffering (and it for damn sure is), it can't continue. So just put that dev team out of their misery and just cancel the franchise.
Yeah! After checking out Nba Live's tutorial videos on youtube, you can see in the updated comments that people who bought the game are starting to turn against it. EA put themselves in a situation where Live 15 has to be great or they have to say goodbye.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #59
Rookie

NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax

and what good will that bring to the table? i tell you what good. absolutely nothing. it's competition and that will only mean that we as consumers win. why? cause we have a choice, unlike other matters. so please stop with the negative mindset, cause that wont be to any good use at all.
we as basketball game fans need the live series, so the other game doesn't sit on their 'throne' and dictate what we as a basketball community have to play and accept.

competition will only make the devs work harder and hopefully ea gets that live 15 has to deliver, or they'll never get a foot inside this matchup.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:27 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
and what good will that bring to the table? i tell you what good. absolutely nothing. it's competition and that will only mean that we as consumers win. why? cause we have a choice, unlike other matters. so please stop with the negative mindset, cause that wont be to any good use at all.
we as basketball game fans need the live series, so the other game doesn't sit on their 'throne' and dictate what we as a basketball community have to play and accept.

competition will only make the devs work harder and hopefully ea gets that live 15 has to deliver, or they'll never get a foot inside this matchup.
"Competition" between LIVE 14 and 2K14? Is like the Allen Iverson rant, "Practice..?"
There was no competition in this years games! The ( EA/Dev) team, pushed out a beta product, and charged the die sheep $60, for broken promises!
Hey, I hear it's a fun game; but shouldn't ever video game be fun? Now, I know everybody has "different tastes"; and that's just life; but being a wolf, and posing like a Sheppard, is not right! EA wanted to grab as much money out of die's pockets as possible, and they did!
This game should have been deemed a demo from the get go; to help build a better LIVE 15! And it should have been "FREE!"
Every video game outlet store, has tons of these games Brand new, or on the Used rack!
I am personally waiting for it to hit the clearance bin for $10. and not a penny more! So I can to have "FUN" with this game!
Let's call a ball, a ball, and a strike, a strike! NBA LIVE 14, should not have been released, in the state that is is right now; and with hardly any update support; makes this much worst; for a "FUN" game!
I really want to see what EA and NBA LIVE 15 is going to WOW Us with this fall (7 months from now!)
Is EA, going to do what they do best and omit features out of LIVE 14, and reintroduce them in LIVE 16? (if it makes it to production?)
It's solely up to EA, to get rid of this bad, negative taste out of, "some" of the NBA LIVE fans mouths!
cheers
Old 02-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #61
Rookie

have you seen the changes the other game has done? the roster
updates, bug fixes etc. i know for a fact that the last couple of years the other games hasn't addressed a single game changing bug, post release and their roster updates was as bad as live's is now. competition.

the lack of support and addressing real issues with live 14 is another talk, which I'm sure we can agree on.

but the fact the live 14 exist, is the only reason why the other game has supported their game after release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #62
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

I just recently played rewind in NBA Live 14 and the rosters were somewhat updated. They had Jason Collins on the Nets and Ryan Kelly on the Lakers, even though Kelly hasn't been apart of the regular roster update since Live came out. The only thing that was missing was players traded at the trade deadline, even though they did get rid of the players that were traded off the team, no Steve Blake on the Lakers no Jason Terry on the Nets. Even though Live is doing a horrible job updating the rosters, we should be getting on 2K too for using Euro League players and lesser known players to update theirs. There's two other players besides DeAndre Liggons using his face, if you don't believe me check out the free agent pool. It's just pure laziness on both of their parts.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
I just recently played rewind in NBA Live 14 and the rosters were somewhat updated. They had Jason Collins on the Nets and Ryan Kelly on the Lakers, even though Kelly hasn't been apart of the regular roster update since Live came out. The only thing that was missing was players traded at the trade deadline, even though they did get rid of the players that were traded off the team, no Steve Blake on the Lakers no Jason Terry on the Nets. Even though Live is doing a horrible job updating the rosters, we should be getting on 2K too for using Euro League players and lesser known players to update theirs. There's two other players besides DeAndre Liggons using his face, if you don't believe me check out the free agent pool. It's just pure laziness on both of their parts.
We get that 2k needs to be criticized too. That's what the 2k forum is for. The truth is though one company put out a solid game that has bugs and needed patching. Another company put out a beta version of their game and charged you 60.00 to be a beta tester that they really arent going to listen to.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #64
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Dudes spend entirely too much time trying to justify EA's crap by bringing up what 2K is or isn't doing. 2K is irrelevant to EA getting you to spend 60 dollars on their product with the lure of full, updated rosters within an hour of each night's slate of games and yet you're excusing them for having roster moves from over a month ago. Again, dudes were in here over the summer pushing how great them updating the soundtrack with new music was going to be as if that was a game changer and they aren't even doing that ****. But you want to give that a pass because of what another game is or isn't doing.

Also, Nima you lose all credibility by saying that 2K hasn't addressed any game changing bugs in the last few years, a lie. Then saying the only reason they're doing post release support is because of Live 14. So I guess the three different patches a year we've been getting for every years' game suddenly doesn't count as post release support so that it fits your narrative? You dudes are exactly what's wrong with EA Sports and the NBA Live franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »