Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 02-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #281
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, X...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Well I figured why not today. Got the game basically for free (had GameStop credit) and got it used (34.99).

I had very low expectations for the game, I was just bored and wanted another game to play.

This game is without any question in my mind, the worst video game I have ever actually bought. I'm not going to list out the 300 reasons I could because I respect the dev team for actually trying to address issues, but this game is nothing short of a joke.

Hopefully 15 is a dramatic improvement and believe it or not, no matter how bad Live 14 is, I have more confidence in it than I do in Madden.

At least Live's team sounds like they care.

If NOT fixing a single bug, not bothering to fix something as vital as time outs and not addressing late game AI that kills the game = "caring", then I would hate to see these guys being apathetic!

Truth is this has been a half hearted effort if being generous and a very poor overall one if people are being honest.

Sad part about it as that their main competition had horrendous online problems and bugs and it was THE perfect time for LIVE to step up its game and pounce. They could have done so, so much with this while 2K was down with server issues and bugs. Instead, they pretty much did nothing outside of a few tweaks. Very disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 12:55 AM   #282
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

The double pass is spelling the end of this game for me. Pity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #283
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid

Yeah I've played two games since the day of the title update.

Regardless of all the good changes that the patch introduced, the fact that it also created three new passing bugs that seriously impact every offensive possession just kills whatever small measure of fun the game had beforehand.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #284
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't know if the double pass fix has been implemented yet but here is a reply from Facebook:
EA SPORTS NBA Live
Hi Morris Alo, we appreciate your honest feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience. The double passing issue has been resolved.

If you want to elaborate on the issues you are experiencing and how we can work together to help you, feel free to send us a direct message on Facebook
Old 02-19-2014, 11:38 AM   #285
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

How has it been resolved? He words it like it has already taken place. There hasn't been another release since the title update and the small on afterward has there? I know it was still there the last time I played...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #286
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't know man. I don't have the issue and I'm on the road today so I can't check on an update. I thought it was worded as if it were already fixed as well. Found it interesting.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #287
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid

Can't mess with passing man....it's so crucial to the game.....it's the reason NBA 2K12 didn't make it past December for me...that stupid, stupid delay... don't get me started on that though...

Live really needs to fix this though or they will keep losing players...passing to a wide open guy to have him pass back across court is maddening..
Old 02-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #288
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I don't know man. I don't have the issue and I'm on the road today so I can't check on an update. I thought it was worded as if it were already fixed as well. Found it interesting.

I'm not having it (double pass bug) either. I've noticed that the "touch" of the buttons is more apparent in this game, only requiring light taps (like a pump fake) to execute crisp passing vs. holding down the button longer as many are accustomed. When holding the button longer, I do see the "double pass issue", especially after an inbounds or dribbling across half court.

Since I've "feathered" my touch sensitivity, and learned the timing of the different pass types, I've seen no issues with double passing, or "input lag" and credited my earlier struggles/issues to learning a new control scheme.

Late game AI issues have been minimal to me(almost none), but occasionally (about once every 3-4 games) I'll trap a guy in the paint/post with a double team (who picks up his dribble), who acts like a "trapped guy" and gets a 3 sec call, if anyone understands that.

It could definitely use a graphical/animation upgrade by today's "standards", but the game is fun for me, responsive for me, and definitely does not hurt my eyes when playing, as some have expressed in one way or another.

The control changes in LIVE are huge compared to what we have been accustomed to, and can't be experienced in the new practice mode by just dribbling and shooting. The ball feels like an actual object to protect, and not a part of the player. They should have included 5v5 practice, 2v2 pick and roll tutorial, and a robust post move tutorial as well.

I could do without player edits if they kept the editing to "same day" as promised, but a slider set would help tremendously.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »