Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #1713
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I stopped playing for about 3-4 days and forgot everything. getting hammered again

I gotta try another camera angle. the side angle just doesn't work for me in hoops games.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #1714
MVP

FINALLY! I beat the Nets..54-45 with my Knicks..all star difficulty 5 min qtrs.

The star of the gm was...Barg 10 Pts, 5 boards, 4 blocks..Melo with 14.

Found some nice plays that I hadn't used much to get Melo or Barg a 15-20 foot jumper off of screens when either is at PF. Melo is really nice in the post as well, an pretty much unguardable in the high post. He can back down, size up and shoot, or just take any 4 off the dribble. When he got hot, the cpu ran doubles at him and forced me to give up the ball.

I recorded the game so I'll post it later with impressions commentary. The game is certainly a bit rough around the edges in phases, yet it still has something about it that makes it weirdly re-playable.

It's the damndest thing really. Now imagine if EA could get out of their own way
Old 02-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #1715
MVP

Do the global coaching adjustments override your individual strategy settings?

I assign how I want each player to be defended, on ball, off ball, screens, etc. Sometimes I'll get heavy thumbs when switching defenses, and click on something like "Pack The Paint" and then next time out I find all of the settings I set pre game changed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #1716
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Played a game this morning in preparation of the patch...Blazers (me) vs. Pacers

It was pretty much a microcosm of what I like and dislike about the game...ended up winning 104-101..

Game flowed great as usual, both teams moving the ball around...Aldridge and Lillard dominated early went in to half time up 7...I can't wait to see the "first step" and pass catching implementation...it will probably make rotations even more sharper than they all ready are!

2nd half was just ugh...

I am not exaggerating when I said they went to the post 15 times in a row...during a stretch in the 3rd...and they were just highly unproductive possessions...spinning out of bounds, ball being shot behind goal...West had 9 turnovers going into the 4th, Hibbert had 8...this carried over to the 4th, but then they started converting these possessions....through double and triple teams..

To top this off, down 3 with 15 seconds left, PG gets the ball, dribbles the clock down to about 5 and shoots a 2 that misses..smh

Too ready for this update!!
Old 02-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #1717
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

My video review of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5k9olaqXGA
Old 02-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #1718
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Very nice . I need to do one too
Old 02-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #1719
MVP

Alright I passed my NBA LIVE 14 Final Exam..Knicks 42, Heat 39.

Got some luck and had to hold off the CPU 4th Qtr Cheese Fest, but I had my best game on both ends of the court control wise. Held Lebron and Wade out of the pain with manual hedging toward Chandler and forcing them to take Js. I just wish the game had more of an animation set and was more user control friendly, because when it flows, and the control inputs respond, you see some beautiful stuff.

The train wrecks in between those moments, understandably sours people. It creates eye sores and AI spazz outs when the CPU has to do something but there isn't an animation for it resulting in ugly sequences as well as needlessly frustrating moments when you are just trying to do simple things.

My favorite part of this game so far is the variability. Ive played Brooklyn, Denver, Cleveland, Heat, Boston..and each team defended and attacked me differently. Its neat to see.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #1720
MVP

Customizable Camera Angles would be a nice thing. Baseline low would be perfect it I could just elevate it to see the baseline angles. Game pretty much forces you to play default camera to see the court

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »