Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #1705
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
im not saying it was built from the ground up. im saying that they havent been working on it and building it up from year to year. live 14 looks similar to live 10 but it definitely does not play or control the same. again i am in no way saying that we shouldnt expect more next year but to compare it to a long-running polished game like the show is not a fair comparison.

I wouldn't say that it's similar to Live 10 after playing it for a while now. I see animations form Live 10, but those same animations were in there since Live 08. They took animations, sound, and commentary from Elite 11. From the bouncing of the ball, the sound of the rim when the ball goes in or misses, some of the conversations from Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy, and how the players move around the court. You can say that I'm being a little unfair by using MLB the show, but Live used lots of things from those canceled games to apply to Live 14. It's new to most because those games were not released to be sold. I got a opportunity to play the full copy of Elite 11, and I saw alot of stuff taken from that game. With the way everything played out I can finally say that EA used this game as an experiment and we were all the test subjects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #1706
Rookie

Wow, I still have my copy of NBA LIVE 10, havent played it in a while but taking from something that works in one title and putting it in another should'nt be a bad thing.. What I did notice (non gameplay related) is that the fans are not following the action up and down the court.. if you notice they just seem to be starring at the center of the court.. they should put fan ball tracking make it a little more realistic.. just to name one.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #1707
Rookie

I haven't played NBA Live since '06, and I saw this game and decided to try it. I am really enjoying it. I think the CPU plays realistically, and the controls and graphics are good. It keeps me immersed in the game as a whole. I read a little of this thread and see that people prefer the 2K series for NBA. Why is that? I haven't played that; I'm an EA guy through and through.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #1708
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuc14
I haven't played NBA Live since '06, and I saw this game and decided to try it. I am really enjoying it. I think the CPU plays realistically, and the controls and graphics are good. It keeps me immersed in the game as a whole. I read a little of this thread and see that people prefer the 2K series for NBA. Why is that? I haven't played that; I'm an EA guy through and through.
1. Because it looks better.
2. It has been the better product over an extended period
3. Its the "familiar" option after playing without another basketball option for the last few years.
4. Faithful supporters who don't care to try another option for any reason
5. Bad initial reviews of LIVE at launch
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 02-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #1709
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuc14
2k is prettier and plays a bit more fluidly but im happier with Live this year. 2k has been the same game for far too long IMO and the online has been atrociously bad for years. EA at least has a stable online. Live has deep gameplay that ****** guys fail to notice
Old 02-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #1710
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

OR because people whether they are "hardcore" or "******" just enjoy playing it...just like people like playing this game...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 02-05-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #1711
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

People are playing the game because they like it. People are playing 2k because they like it. Just like 24th said, some "hardcore guys" like this game. Some "hardcore guys" like 2k. Same for "******" fans. It all boils down to which game guys prefer. What you're willing to overlook. What you're looking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #1712
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
OR because people whether they are "hardcore" or "******" just enjoy playing it...just like people like playing this game...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
People are playing the game because they like it. People are playing 2k because they like it. Just like 24th said, some "hardcore guys" like this game. Some "hardcore guys" like 2k. Same for "******" fans. It all boils down to which game guys prefer. What you're willing to overlook. What you're looking for.
I've been playing both because I'm a bball junkie and can't get enough.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »