Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #1681
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Baseline drives are even more frustrating due to that motion shift players do to keep you from the rim...it's kind've like the game doesn't have an answer for that sequence. It's a pretty cheap way out.
Yeah they're missing the animation somewhere. I'm hoping that's something they're looking at. Still haven't seen the CPU call any timeouts. Fouls seem to be better, but that's it.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #1682
Rookie

OVR: 0

MLB The Show, Fifa 2013, when I play these games it feels like Im actually playing the sport. And even though Live 14 has it good points, when I play it feels like Im playing a basketball video game. I sure do hope this big patch shuts us all up.. I have been playing since the first 3 patch updates.. it has gotten to be a lil stale for me.. fun to play.. but just becoming frustrated with the wait for this "BIG PATCH"
Old 02-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #1683
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSavage
Has anyone else noticed higher FG% for the CPU in the last few days? Or is it just me and my suddenly sucky defense? In the last 3 games, CPU has shot over 50% against me, with me hanging around the 40-42% mark.

Also, does Kyrie Irving suffer from the "mascot syndrome" in this game? Meaning he is the coverboy and is more awesome than others? In one of those 3 games I faced the Cavaliers. Irving smoked me for 46 points, shooting 17/23 and hit all 5 of his free throws.
I definitely see him being overpowing and playing like Michael Jordan at times, he's good, but not this good as he plays me. I'm still on rookie and I have a hard time beating the cavs.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #1684
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

It's hard to dissect why I'm liking it more and more. When you can deal with the sometimes wonky and herkey jerkey animations, there is a very very deep game of basketball here and learning everything can get you to be competitive. Let's face it ,beating the AI on this game is a major challenge for me, I'm still on rookie and some games I fall flat on my face. But when I"m patient, call plays, use the post game, utilizing players strengths and weaknesses, I can manage a win. The pick and roll system is great to me, I just wish we could get that final patch to polish those animations and not feel so wonky. The devs def put some effort into it, I just wish it had that last few months of polishing.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #1685
MVP

Kylie been going crazy since bynum got traded.

I can't win with Cavaliers but CPU can hold their own.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #1686
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

One thing I'm loving is that my CPU controlled players don't leave their man for now reason. It still has it's flawes, but it's nice knowing I can play the ball without a defender being left open for no reason.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #1687
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
One thing I'm loving is that my CPU controlled players don't leave their man for now reason. It still has it's flawes, but it's nice knowing I can play the ball without a defender being left open for no reason.

Definitely. It's because they're not over helping. The defensive rotations in general are very nice....among some of the best I have seen in a video game.

Where things go bad is when the ball handler gets to the help defense. Too often the penetrator will force field his way through a big, the animations won't connect at all, or the big man will awkwardly be knocked down.

Combine this with the overall lack of defense down in the post and defense gets frustrating....when it could be one of the most satisfying parts of this game with the wealth of options you have...

If they do not add one more 'new' animation to this game I would be fine. Just tweak how they interact with one another and I am a happy camper this year...
Old 02-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #1688
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

They definitely need to throw in another animation or figure out a way for the current animation to connect. The force field or whatever they want to call it, is making the help defense non existent. The hop step or euro step makes that force field magnified by 1000.

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »