Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-20-2014, 09:51 PM   #1521
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I've been trying to beat the Suns, with Denver for two games, today was the third. It was a great game! Back and forth until the 3rd where I just took over. Won the game by 10. Felt great! Foyed had 26pts 9/9 FG and 8/8 3 pointers. He was wide open every 8 of them! Had 6 players over 10 points. And Lawson with a double double, 11 pts 10 ast. I've got some highlights from the game, will post in the video thread.

Other then that, I'm seeing a bunch of new animations, and a lot more contact in the paint. It's heading in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 09:53 PM   #1522
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

6 seconds left in the game.... Steve Nash trying to get by the press and get down the court after the inbound pass. He then gets in an animation and just flat out drops the ball even though no one touched him. Other team grabs the ball, and goes in for a layup. Even though I ended up winning the game this was extremely frustrating. I really hope EA doesn't end up going the animation path and try to fill the game with pre-determined out comes.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #1523
Rookie

Hurt so bad I didnt sink this shot!

Ankel breakers are in the game.

This on is def a new animation, looks nice.

Last edited by NimaAkaJoJo; 01-20-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:59 PM   #1524
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
One thing that bugs me to no end is the "same ability" as you call it. I'm thinking you're talking about CPU to controlled player, but what I'm referencing is the lack of discerning differencing in abilities between one player and the next. For example: I'm playing UT and Tim Duncan is running the point. Okay, whatever... so I get up on him figuring he's a turnover waiting to happen. Thing is, his handles are as good as Tony Parker, his speed is comparable to any PG and his court vision is like Magic Johnson. I'm sagging off daring him to shoot the three and he drains two in a row... I kid you not.

Recorded this watching my brother play and thought about this post....I don't know if it's something I just hadn't recognized yet, but it seems more prevalent post the 3rd update...

http://youtu.be/jMQxXjOX2Go
Old 01-21-2014, 12:05 AM   #1525
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Recorded this watching my brother play and thought about this post....I don't know if it's something I just hadn't recognized yet, but it seems more prevalent post the 3rd update...

That's just wrong, why aren't attributes affecting that? Guys like Howard shouldn't be dribbling like guards, aren't there animations for this cases?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 12:13 AM   #1526
Rookie

Quote:

waaauw... I had Noah pop a 3 on me in the all PG challenge, where i met only centers.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:19 AM   #1527
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
24th, unfortunately you'll have to lead pass before your PG passes the 3 pt line. As long as you do that, the guy that you lead will continue on. Not ideal but it works.

CPU don't run fast breaks though. The point guard passes to the guy on the wing who is at the three point line almost every time regardless of whether the lane is wide open.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:31 AM   #1528
Pro

Quote:
This is actually why Live is wearing on me...even with the increased contact I noticed, I didn't even feel like finishing the game...there is more to NBA basketball than half court sets and slow paced basketball, these guys are athletes, they run!! body positioning is a big fundamental part of basketball for me as well, and too often that isn't respected...

I would have to disagree here....the reason there are hardly any fast breaks is because guys are randomly stopping at the 3 point like or running to random spots on break....I don't see many instances where the lane is being filled properly...couple that with the fact that player speed isn't really done well, and that aspect of the game is lacking..

Spacing, a slow pace, accurate stats...all great...but if were talking fundamentals, there's a lot more to it...I mean as of right now you can't even play the passing lanes...

Thank you for SANE posts.

I can't believe anyone here is talking about fundamentals and this game. It has barely twenty per cent of basketball fundamentals.

Know how to run a 3 on 1 fast break? No.
Know how to pass out after grabbing a board? No.
Know how to manage the clock? No.
Know how to vary pace of the game? No
Know how to defend off a big who spins? No.
Know how to call a time out when I have hit 7 threes in a quarter to stop my momentum? No.
Know how any team mate can set up the offense except the point guard? No.
Know how a point forward plays? I.e. LeBron initiates the offense? No.
Know how to run a simple 2 on 1 fast break? No.

Know how to meander through a half court set? Yes. And that's about it.

You can read what they are going to do so easily in this game you can get 40 blocks a game if you want. Hey, there's that same half court set where Curry comes off a screen. Guess what? The AI isn't going to react no matter what I do, so I'll take my 6'8 small forward to where he will be in 6 seconds time and block him. I can position my entire front line on the three point line and have them all wait for Curry to finish curling around a screen and the CPU will 'still' run that same half court play.

CPU just grabbed an offensive rebound? Okay, I'll move across my bigs and block him because he sure as hell isn't passing it even if I leave the entire three point line uncontested.

Hey, guess what? The CPU doubles me as Roy Hibbert EVERY time I post up. So, I camp three point shooters out there and hit non stop. It is so scripted and predictable it's comical. They double Roy EVERY time. I can have Paul George waiting with Lance and their man will always leave to go to Roy, leaving me with an uncontested path to the hoop or open J. Every time.

The game is very, very, very heavily scripted. I can't believe people don't see this. Most everyone I know has seen this after a few games and given up. There's a lot more reasons than just poor graphics as to why this game isn't selling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »