Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #1513
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I was actually talking to someone about the sliding today....there is definitely sliding and shifting into place as I've posted, but I noticed that the game gives the player the same ability,...I actually think that's pretty cool in it's own way..lol. At least the playing field is even...

and I don't mean that as a backhanded compliment or anything...if you're gonna cheat let is both do it in the same context, lol
Old 01-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #1514
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I picked up this game a few days ago, mainly due to the problems I dealt with in "the other game". I am pleasantly surprised with Live 14. There are definitely some things I love about the game, and there are numerous things that need major improvement.

Things I love:

The courts and arenas look amazing. The ESPN integration is a great touch, and I think it is implemented well. The updated jerseys look nice. And I appreciate the fact that I can play OR sim games in the rising star mode. Very refreshing, because- like most people- I have a life and don't have the time to physically play 82 games in a season. This mode lets me pick and choose when I want to play. As many others have stated- the spacing of the players on the court is very, very nice. I rarely feel like there is a sausage fest in the paint.

Things I don't like/Things that need to be improved:

The graphics obviously are not up to par. While they aren't nearly as bad as some of the reviews made it seem- they are definitely not "next-gen", but they are tolerable. However, the lack of appearance customization in the rising stars mode is something that baffles me. The extremely limited options when it comes to face/hair combinations is embarrassing. And for a next-gen game, in 2014, to not be able to at least add a beard, or a goatee, is unacceptable. That really shouldn't be hard to add. The shooting I have found quite difficult. I suppose I just need more practice, so I am willing to give it more time to get used to the mechanics. I also don't like the limited camera options.

I really do hope that EA continues to work on NBA Live, because if they can continue to build on their foundation, and improve the graphics, next year they could really make a run for a larger share in the market- especially with the issues that have been bogging "the other game".
Old 01-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #1515
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I was actually talking to someone about the sliding today....there is definitely sliding and shifting into place as I've posted, but I noticed that the game gives the player the same ability,...I actually think that's pretty cool in it's own way..lol. At least the playing field is even...

and I don't mean that as a backhanded compliment or anything...if you're gonna cheat let is both do it in the same context, lol
One thing that bugs me to no end is the "same ability" as you call it. I'm thinking you're talking about CPU to controlled player, but what I'm referencing is the lack of discerning differencing in abilities between one player and the next. For example: I'm playing UT and Tim Duncan is running the point. Okay, whatever... so I get up on him figuring he's a turnover waiting to happen. Thing is, his handles are as good as Tony Parker, his speed is comparable to any PG and his court vision is like Magic Johnson. I'm sagging off daring him to shoot the three and he drains two in a row... I kid you not.

One of the reasons that fastbreaks are few and far between is because there is no real difference in speed from player to player. The bigs have the ability to pull of any dribble move that a guard can.

There are many things that I like about the game - the spacing is outstanding, the depth of defensive options are on point, even the play-by-play is intriguing - but the more I play the more things I find that I don't like. I sincerely believe there is great potential here for an excellent game, but it feels as if the game was launched in haste. Too many things left undone. Which in reality gives me great hope for Live 15. I don't know why I keep playing because I'm frustrated more times than I'm not. I guess I'm hoping that a patch or someother upgrade will be the answer to my prayers.

Reminds me of the little girl who wanted a pony for her birthday. Unfortunately it was beyond her parents financial means to buy one. On this particularly day, the father had a load of manure delivered to his driveway to fertilize one of his fields. When the little girl got home and saw the manure she dived head first into the crap. Her dad pulled her out and asked, "why did you jump into that mess?" To which the girl replied:
"There has to be a pony in there somewhere."

Last edited by mythreesons; 01-20-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #1516
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
One thing that bugs me to no end is the "same ability" as you call it. I'm thinking you're talking about CPU to controlled player, but what I'm referencing is the lack of discerning differencing in abilities between one player and the next. For example: I'm playing UT and Tim Duncan is running the point. Okay, whatever... so I get up on him figuring he's a turnover waiting to happen. Thing is, his handles are as good as Tony Parker, his speed is comparable to any PG and his court vision is like Magic Johnson. I'm sagging off daring him to shoot the three and he drains two in a row... I kid you not.

One of the reasons that fastbreaks are few and far between is because there is no real difference in speed from player to player. The bigs have the ability to pull of any dribble move that a guard can.

There are many things that I like about the game - the spacing is outstanding, the depth of defensive options are on point, even the play-by-play is intriguing - but the more I play the more things I find that I don't like. I sincerely believe there is great potential here for an excellent game, but it feels as if the game was launched ubhaste. Too many things left undone. Which in reality gives me great hope for Live 15. I don't know why I keep playing because I'm frustrated more times than I'm not. I guess I'm hoping that a patch or someother upgrade will be the answer to my prayers.

Reminds me of the little girl who wanted a pony for her birthday. Unfortunately it was beyond her parents financial means to buy one. On this particularly day, the father had a load of manure delivered to his driveway to fertilize one of his fields. When the little girl got home and saw the manure she dived head first into the crap. Her dad pulled her out and asked, "why did you jump into that mess?" To which the girl replied:
"There has to be a pony in there somewhere."

I sagged off Monroe of the Pistons and he hit a 3 against me.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #1517
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I personally haven't noticed the sliding yet. Im sure I will eventually but it hasnt been an issue yet.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #1518
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Just a quick example of what I meant regarding filling the lane on fast breaks..

http://youtu.be/eLMmBCqskik

was a perfect opportunity for a fast break but both players just stopped for some reason...anyone know how to get them to keep running?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #1519
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Just played an exciting game against the Wizards. Trailed the entire game but kept it close in the 4th. With 1 minute left down 1 I have the ball and drove the lane with Felton and the entire Wiz defense collapses so I kick it to Anthony for the wide open 3 and...BANG! Wasn't going for a 3 but he was so wide open had to shoot it. PIP were Wiz 78/105 pts, Mine were 58/108. Last possession they dribbled out the clock like they were ahead. This was my 1st 1 possession game down til the very end.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #1520
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

24th, unfortunately you'll have to lead pass before your PG passes the 3 pt line. As long as you do that, the guy that you lead will continue on. Not ideal but it works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »