Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #1505
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

So since they haven't really said, what exactly was included in this most recent game update? I know it was gameplay adjustments but I honestly can't really tell a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #1506
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Nobody knows. Pure speculation. Myself, 24th and several others have seen more blocks, and more contact in the paint. A little tighter defensive pressure. Hopefully we'll get some notes soon.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #1507
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

ive noticed more blocks and slightly less pip though im still giving up more than 50% a game inside.

side question: does anyone have any tips for shooting a face up jumper from the post? sometimes i like to get the ball in the post (back to basket) then face up and immediately rise for the jumper but the cpu always blocks it. it feels like there is a slight delay between when i face up and when im actually allowed to shoot. it drives me nuts because ive seen the cpu pull it off plenty of times.

something like:

Old 01-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #1508
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

There is definitely more contact in the paint, more misses....as much as i've been b****ing about it, trust me...lol

This is the kind've wonky thing I see though, and this may be a synergy issue...I shut down Roy, West the entire first quarter in the post, the Pacers have 20 points to my 36....18 of those Pacer points are from the paint...8 from Chris Copeland, all DUNKS in the post...I would say about 80% of the AI offense ran through the post....post player or not...I think this is what contributes to the PIP #'s being high...
Old 01-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #1509
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
There is definitely more contact in the paint, more misses....as much as i've been b****ing about it, trust me...lol

This is the kind've wonky thing I see though, and this may be a synergy issue...I shut down Roy, West the entire first quarter in the post, the Pacers have 20 points to my 36....18 of those Pacer points are from the paint...8 from Chris Copeland, all DUNKS in the post...I would say about 80% of the AI offense ran through the post....post player or not...I think this is what contributes to the PIP #'s being high...
I agree with this. It does seem like the the CPU runs plays through the post every time down.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 01-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #1510
Rookie

OVR: 4

I enjoy the dribbling and the shooting but the thing that frustrates me is that I can't get a lot of fouls called. It's hard to get subs in when there are not fouls called and hardly any stoppages of play. Defensively the post defense is terrible I've noticed if I don't play on ball defense on the post player it's an automatic spin baseline to dunk. I just got the game so I need to play it more to get a feel for it.

The one thing I loved was the atmosphere I played the demo Knicks vs Warriors and hearing the defense chants the crowd was so in to it I had to buy the game. I also liked having the ability to try different shots like shooting it off the glass. There were probably to many blocked shots in the paint.

Last edited by IowaAJ; 01-20-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #1511
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
ive noticed more blocks and slightly less pip though im still giving up more than 50% a game inside.

side question: does anyone have any tips for shooting a face up jumper from the post? sometimes i like to get the ball in the post (back to basket) then face up and immediately rise for the jumper but the cpu always blocks it. it feels like there is a slight delay between when i face up and when im actually allowed to shoot. it drives me nuts because ive seen the cpu pull it off plenty of times.
Just like Kobe does in the video, sometimes a simple jab step after the face-up will create enough space for the jumper. Give it a try
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #1512
Rookie

I've been playing for a little while now so I decided to post here. I think the foundation has been set for this to be a great game. I think it actually replicates the NBA game well. I love the offball movement. It makes more sense here to me than it does in the other game. I thought it was a pretty ugly game at first until I started zooming in looking at replays. The player movement is phenomenal. I dont think I have seen any sliding and when you beat someone off the dribble it feels more rewarding. The signature in the game really makes it feel like every player is different. My expectations weren't really as high as other peoples so I guess I get more out of it but this game is definitely worth a try if you truely like the NBA game and not just the highlight plays you see on Sportscenter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »