Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #1337
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Jao, have you noticed the late game stuff in UT yet? I was thinking about getting into mine, otherwise I might shut Live down until the patch...cant do 48 minutes just to end in that mess...
I've had it happen twice in the last 4 games I've played. I find myself trying not to have a 3 point lead with less than a min left. They really need to find out what's causing this.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 01-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #1338
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Jao, have you noticed the late game stuff in UT yet? I was thinking about getting into mine, otherwise I might shut Live down until the patch...cant do 48 minutes just to end in that mess...
Well, you'd be only wasting 20 or 24 minutes. Games are locked 5 minutes (previously 6 minutes before that "reset" or whatever that was).

I have had a couple games go to OT (another 5 minute period...I hate that), I have not had the late-game issue in those situations. The CPU always shot like they should. I don't want to say UT simply doesn't have that issue, but I haven't experienced it in the mode.

NBA 2K10 Community Site Mix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cndytDNb-c

The people say they're pretty good.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #1339
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
Well, you'd be only wasting 20 or 24 minutes. Games are locked 5 minutes (previously 6 minutes before that "reset" or whatever that was).

I have had a couple games go to OT (another 5 minute period...I hate that), I have not had the late-game issue in those situations. The CPU always shot like they should. I don't want to say UT simply doesn't have that issue, but I haven't experienced it in the mode.

Good to hear...maybe Ill do this for the time being..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I've had it happen twice in the last 4 games I've played. I find myself trying not to have a 3 point lead with less than a min left. They really need to find out what's causing this.

Yeah, unfortunately it's not limited to that one scenario either as I posted above...sucks!
Old 01-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #1340
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
I haven't had many close games, so I can't speak about the late game AI specifically.

But I see the CPU dribble out the end of quarters and dribble through the end of the shot clock all the time in Ultimate Team.

I would say it happens at least two to three times per game where they just stand still dribbling until the clock expires.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:27 PM   #1341
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

gotta say the more and more I play LIVE the more I like it time, the game does really scream simulation, beyond the looks which aren't bad by any stretch, the game plays like basketball. And what ever they did with the last roster update the game plays better not seeing a lot of the herky jerky movement as I was before. I love the fact that you can truly play 12 minuets quarters and get real to life scores. Love all the ESPN cams to, in a nut shell LIVE is a good game.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #1342
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

After playing a number of games I will say that I like playing offense, but hate defense. I'm terrible at it. I can't stay with my man to save my life. The game needs a mechanic where you can press a button and get some help sticking with your defender. The cpu blows by me for an easy basket almost every time.

I am also noticing the very high number of paint attempts by the cpu. Not seeing a lot of mid-range jump shots. The cpu seems smart at times and dumb at times. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Almost adds a virtual human element.

I will post more detailed impression later, but the thing that's making me not want to play this game is defense. I'll keep working at it though.

I also just thought of one thing I really like. Like past Live games, the spacing is fantastic. No other game comes close.

Last edited by PVarck31; 01-13-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #1343
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
After playing a number of games I will say that I like playing offense, but hate defense. I'm terrible at it. I can't stay with my man to save my life. The game needs a mechanic where you can press a button and get some help sticking with your defender. The cpu blows by me for an easy basket almost every time.

I am also noticing the very high number of paint attempts by the cpu. Not seeing a lot of mid-range jump shots. The cpu seems smart at times and dumb at times. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Almost adds a virtual human element.

I will post more detailed impression later, but the thing that's making me not want to play this game is defense. I'll keep working at it though.

I also just thought of one thing I really like. Like past Live games, the spacing is fantastic. No other game comes close.
im pretty much the same way with defense. but ive seen other people having success to to me it just means i have to learn the system better. i am definitely getting better but im still giving up the majority in the paint. i saw a thread in the 2k forums about trying to focus on improving a single aspect of the game every time you play (less fouls one game less turnovers the next etc.) so im going to start taking that approach and see if i can get better at defending the paint.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #1344
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
im pretty much the same way with defense. but ive seen other people having success to to me it just means i have to learn the system better. i am definitely getting better but im still giving up the majority in the paint. i saw a thread in the 2k forums about trying to focus on improving a single aspect of the game every time you play (less fouls one game less turnovers the next etc.) so im going to start taking that approach and see if i can get better at defending the paint.

My problem was every time I defend in the paint the I had a habit of jumping all the time and not keeping my feet on the floor, now I do my defense is much better .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »