Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #1201
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Also, trying to upload a quick minute video showing the quickness. Seeing some "glitchier" things now though. Don't judge my gameplay, I'm watching the kids, and trying to pay a little attention on the game

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #1202
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

I have a CPU-CPU game going. Miami vs New York, it was close in the first half because New York was pushing the tempo and finding easy buckets. In the second half the heat took over like usual and went on a run to go up by 10. Man this game flows so much better than at launch. Many plays felt like I was watching a real nba game. Just the way the players made choices just made it seem like they had something between their ears and not like they were just pixels on a screen. Saw some odd things of course but everything else just seemed perfect. I like the tempo, so WTF it will just take some getting used to. It's just not what you're used too since you've been playing it a lot and enjoying it.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #1203
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Look at Miami's shot chart. Jumpers galore in the first quarter. The points in the paint are still showing high, but due to the speed, and trying to adjust to it, I gave up more drives than I should have.

LBJ went nuts.

Also, guys were HUSTLING to get to their spots, and making quick screens and cuts off of them. I DID like that quite a bit.

Give LBJ a bit of space, and dude was launching though.
Yep. I played tonight's matchup Nuggets (me) vs Thunder and I immediately noticed the CPU pushing the ball and faster pace. And most importantly Westbrook pulling up for jumpers instead of driving to the lane. Durant and Westbrook both killed me from the perimeter. Felt great and flow was nice.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #1204
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Yeah, once the kiddos get ready for bedtime, I'm sure I'll settle in nicely, but it's definitely going to be a challenge to stick quicker guys out there. I saw LBJ and Wade light me up QUICK. Chalmers even had several floaters and jumpers. And a few uncontested J's off of LBJ drive and kicks.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:20 PM   #1205
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Man I hate the Clippers so much...here are some of the shots from their 4th quarter comeback

http://youtu.be/UAplgh_xE24

24th, if may make a suggestion:

I am assuming you were playing on ball defense in that video. If so try sliding your defender a half step more toward the baseline as opposed to directly between the ball handler and the basket. Also instead of pushing the stick constantly toward the ball handler when guarding the post try light tapping/feathering it toward the ball handler but angle it towards the side in which he has leverage or where his feet are outside of your defender showing the ability to spin in that direction.

I only suggest this because I saw a few pages back you mentioned you were having difficulty with PIP defense in this game. I think the angle that the game senses contact is slightly off, it seems to be skewed slightly toward the baseline. Keeping this in mind I've found it easier to create contact on defense. It's still not where I think it should be but it definitely helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #1206
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

The game has definitely had a small update. I'm trying to upload the final few minutes of game play that I just had. I ended up pulling away during the last two minutes. It was insane.

The intentional foul animation has been toned down. Drastically. I saw 3 different animations instead of the full on tackle.

Saw some new layups.

Only had 1 three second call all game, and it was on Beasley and was legit.

Maybe 4 total post spins.

A ton of midrange jumpers.

They shot a lot of fts, as did I. Fouls were there in this game. I'll upload the screen shots shortly showing the PiP. I think they were at 48 pip out of 102 total.

Awesome overall game.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:52 PM   #1207
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Got some new slides on the main screen, but I didn't really notice anything different game play wise (assuming XB1 got the game update)

My games did freeze twice while uploading rosters at around 29%, so that's new...lol

Did see a lot more blocks from the CPU than usual, as a matter of fact I am in a new game now and they already have 3..
Old 01-09-2014, 11:58 PM   #1208
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Apparently the X1 is "behind" here. ThaKid posted that the rosters are still at 11020, whereas the PS4 is at 11107 now.

Someone mentioned it on their facebook page as well.

Lee is still on the Celtics, Deng still on the Bulls, so the actual rosters haven't been updated yet. Just some gameplay tweaks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »