Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #977
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

How many minute qtrs are you guys playing to get realsitic stats?

Im playing 10 right now, but will probably have to bump it to 12 for my dynasty. Just wanted to know how many you guys play?

I know this isnt a Q&A thread but I couldn't find one in the forum..
Old 12-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #978
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

OVR: 0

Anyone played with this today latest update? Please give some toughts. I think the game is playing better, a little more fouls on drives, game running more smoother and better ball/rim interaction are what jumped most about this latest update imo. Please someone tell what you are seeing.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #979
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I just played a practice game of Knicks vs Knicks with just focusing on controls and calling plays. I did play it on Rookie(I am horrible) with 12 min quarters It was a fun game. By Halftime I was comfortable with the controls and calling plays so 2nd half I just played. I was down 59-44 at the Half. 2nd Half I was a lot better...I outscored them 52-41 but still lost 100-96. I am getting better though...practice makes perfect!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #980
Rookie

OVR: 4

Has everybody else received an update on the X1? I haven't gotten anything so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #981
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I actually think All Star may be the way to go...I've had more enjoyable games on All Star difficulty than Pro...don't know why...

The paint spamming goes from bad to SMFH on AS, BUT it seems like your teams AI actually gets smarter a long with the CPU...not sure ifthat makes sense....lol

Just blew our the Rockers with the Wolves...dominated the boards...unfortunately Asik was the leading scorer for the Rockets, lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #982
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
Picked this game about a week ago and downloaded all three updates before playing. Thought the game was pretty good and stats seemed OK. Was able to win some games and lose some games with nothing too out of the ordinary.

Plugged it in again today after a couple of day layoff and boy something appears to have changed. Decided to play the Cavs as the Trailblazers and got blown out by around 40. Irving went completely nuts and lit me up for 49 points. Didn't seem to matter what I did, double teams did not help much as is obvious by his 49 points.

Turnovers by me seem really high now, I had 19 to their 4. Some are my fault but some I just had to shake my head.

Play again as the Spurs against the Cavs and lost by 25. I did well to hold Irving to 35 points this game. Again the turnovers were high for me and not the CPU. Rebounding has also gotten out of control for the CPU as I was out rebounded both games by double digits.

Third game I was the Knicks against the Cavs, got blown out by 31. I know, its the Knicks but today it really didn't matter what team I was seemingly. Oh yeah, Irving lit me up for 51 in this game and again turnovers and rebounds seem out of whack. Look, I know he's the cover boy but really?

In all three of these games I've held my own the first half and am within around 5 points, even led one game by 2 at the half. Then in the 3rd quarter the Cavs just go lights out. They never have a cold streak and remain hot the whole half. One game I had them at 35% shooting for the first half and at the end of the game they had shot 47%. All three games I shot in the low 40% for the game and they were at 47 to 55%. But they took a lot more shots then me due to their offensive rebounds and my turnovers.

I am at 11 minute quarters on pro, shouldn't the pro setting be somewhat easier? Anyway, I do like the game and have decided to keep playing the Cavs with different teams until I beat them.

Wouldn't mind hearing from some of you guys after playing Irving and the Cavs to see what your experiences you've had.
To give an update to the above information, I fired up the game again, Spurs against Cavs, I was going to beat Irving and the Cavs if it was the last thing I did. Same settings, I blew the Cavs out 108-75. I shot 50% for the game and the Cavs 36%. I held Irving to just 13 points as I had him in foul trouble early and he sat nearly all the 3rd quarter. When he was in I doubled him when he crossed the center line but sagged the player I was controlling. Seemed to work. Turnovers were even at 13 and I out rebounded the Cavs 49-38. I shot 13 foul shots to just 3 for the Cavs. Fouls do need some work EA.

I haven't gotten that much satisfaction in a video game in quite some time, just had to share. Time to start a dynasty.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #983
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Just blew our the Rockers with the Wolves...dominated the boards...unfortunately Asik was the leading scorer for the Rockets, lol
I dread facing CPU Asik. He's good for 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks every time I go against him. Most of those points will come off putbacks and gather move abuse.

I looked at his ratings, and he has 93 rebounding, which is 4th-best in the entire game. He also has 89 block, which is just outside the top 10.

But his offensive game is rated poorly, aside from 86 dunk. That's all the CPU needs to score with him, though, as they will do the baseline spin dunk or hop step dunk repeatedly.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #984
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I dread facing CPU Asik. He's good for 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks every time I go against him. Most of those points will come off putbacks and gather move abuse.

I looked at his ratings, and he has 93 rebounding, which is 4th-best in the entire game. He also has 89 block, which is just outside the top 10.

But his offensive game is rated poorly, aside from 86 dunk. That's all the CPU needs to score with him, though, as they will do the baseline spin dunk or hop step dunk repeatedly.
Yeesh at those ratings...had no idea...but yeah, he pulled out the full arsenal on me....

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »