Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #961
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Ps4 or xbox 1? I don't think I have had a new update on ps4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
No update for me either on my PS4. Wow if it's only for xbox 1 that's two updates in a row it's gotten without the ps4 getting one.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
new update on xbox one. Will play a game now. Any news i will talk to you guys...
Soooo there hasn't been any update to the game on Ps4?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #962
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

OVR: 0

So, first game after new updates. I played with the Knicks at Orlando. Lost, 46-43 in OT. 5 min qtrs on Pro.
My observations:

- The games is playing smoother;
- Better ball/rim interaction;
- Less dunks and more layups in the paint;
- points in the paint were turned down. It ended 26-26 in pip. Double teams in the paint are working better.
- Fouls were 4 for each team. It looks like when players drive hard to the hoop (layups/dunks) more fouls are called.
- I had one dunk blocked by behind, it was sick! Bargnani tryed to dunk but the guy just blocked it from behind in a awesome fashion.
- Player models looking a little bit better IMO. At least when they shoot FTs, it looks like they adjusted the lightning on their faces, it's looking more natural.
- I noted a little bit better defense from cpu in the post.

After one quick game those are my impressions. Very few time to say more things, but the improvmenta are making me very happy. Any news i tell you guys.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #963
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

^^^^ is that X1 updates? Haven't seen anything new on PS4.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

Last edited by DirtyJerz32; 12-31-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #964
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
^^^^ is that X1 updates? Haven't seen one on PS4.
It's my second update. I dowloaded it today for xbox one. Already had updated the game before.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #965
Pro

OVR: 11

Just got back from the store, installed game.

Now installing update 1 out 3..

Cant wait to play!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #966
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Give it some time, and experiment with the controls. Don't pay much attention to the score if you haven't played the retail, just get comfortable with what you can and can't do. It's a deep controlling game once you learn everything, and all of the coaching adjustments/strategies at your disposal.

Enjoy man, post some impressions, good bad or indifferent. EA is listening, so keep things constructive!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #967
Pro

OVR: 11

Ok so far I've only played a few games with my Lakers! But I'm digging this game!

It took a couple games to get used graphically, but the graphics aren't terrible like people may have you believe. I still play College Hoops 2k8 (classic) so graphics aren't a huge deal for me in a sports title! Plus what good are great graphics if I cant play the game.

I'm still getting used to the controls (what I can/cant do). So far though I love the control I have with play calling and coach settings.

Still getting used to the actual gameplay as well, but I can definitely get my bball fix from this game once I realize what heck I'm doing!

Being totally objectional( I bought the other bball game too) I'd give Live a 7/10 so far.
Id give the other a 5/10 ONLY because it is so beautiful! But being I cant play it because of all the bugs, glitches, and crashes it should get a 1 or 2 (yes I'm serious, if you remove the graphics what else is that game worthy of a higher rating?)

If you're hung up on graphics stay with the other game, but if you want a genuine bball simulation (can't believe Im saying this) go with Live 14. I cant wait to start my Lakers Dynasty!

I'll post more impressions later, my nephews will be the real test!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #968
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Picked this game about a week ago and downloaded all three updates before playing. Thought the game was pretty good and stats seemed OK. Was able to win some games and lose some games with nothing too out of the ordinary.

Plugged it in again today after a couple of day layoff and boy something appears to have changed. Decided to play the Cavs as the Trailblazers and got blown out by around 40. Irving went completely nuts and lit me up for 49 points. Didn't seem to matter what I did, double teams did not help much as is obvious by his 49 points.

Turnovers by me seem really high now, I had 19 to their 4. Some are my fault but some I just had to shake my head.

Play again as the Spurs against the Cavs and lost by 25. I did well to hold Irving to 35 points this game. Again the turnovers were high for me and not the CPU. Rebounding has also gotten out of control for the CPU as I was out rebounded both games by double digits.

Third game I was the Knicks against the Cavs, got blown out by 31. I know, its the Knicks but today it really didn't matter what team I was seemingly. Oh yeah, Irving lit me up for 51 in this game and again turnovers and rebounds seem out of whack. Look, I know he's the cover boy but really?

In all three of these games I've held my own the first half and am within around 5 points, even led one game by 2 at the half. Then in the 3rd quarter the Cavs just go lights out. They never have a cold streak and remain hot the whole half. One game I had them at 35% shooting for the first half and at the end of the game they had shot 47%. All three games I shot in the low 40% for the game and they were at 47 to 55%. But they took a lot more shots then me due to their offensive rebounds and my turnovers.

I am at 11 minute quarters on pro, shouldn't the pro setting be somewhat easier? Anyway, I do like the game and have decided to keep playing the Cavs with different teams until I beat them.

Wouldn't mind hearing from some of you guys after playing Irving and the Cavs to see what your experiences you've had.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »