Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #945
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

The passing is what is killing the game for me. Passes are almost always too high and cause the player to come to a complete stop when catching the ball.

Post moves seem overlooked. Not much you can do down there.

Setting player rotations during dynasty does not work for me. My starting line up even changes before tip off and the minutes I set aren't even close.

No practice mode hurts.

Is is just me or does no in game saves ruin any kind of Dynasty? I've been playing the "other" hoops game and it has been cool to just play a quarter here and there. I started a Dynasty on Live and about half way through the third quarter I got a little bored so I decided just to turn the box off. Shame In Game saves didn't make it in the game.
PS4: Nothing currently
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #946
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

I just finished one the most amazing games I have ever played.

It was the second game in my Warriors dynasty against the Clippers in LA. I had a poor first half and I was down 20+ in the second quarter. If there was an option to sim the rest of the game, that's probably what I would have done. I felt defeated.

Then in the 3rd quarter I got on a run, and all of a sudden I was within 10. Now I knew I had a shot. I was down by 7 heading into the final quarter. The 4th was crazy. I got the game tied in just a couple of minutes and then the lead went back and forth. DeAndre Jordan gave the Clippers a 2-point lead with 22 seconds remaining, but I managed to tie it up again and then Griffin missed a shot at the buzzer.

OT continued in the same pattern, with the lead going back and forth to begin with.
With 20 seconds left Griffin makes it a 4-point game, and quickly thereafter I turn the ball over and have no choice but to intentionally foul. I don't remember who was fouled, but he only made one of the free throws. I call a time out to move the ball up. I inbound the ball to Curry who takes a quick 3, and it's good! 2-point game with 7 seconds left. I go for the steal on the inbound but I'm unsuccessful and I'm forced to send CP3 to the line. He misses both! I grab the rebound and immediately call a time out. Now it's decision time. Go for the win or try to tie it up to force another OT? I inbound the ball to Curry.

Final score: GS 118 - 117 LAC

Last edited by Entiae; 12-31-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #947
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Re: passing

mrclutch...as just an FYI, remember you have a variety of passes at your disposal...dont forget to use the lob pass if your big man is being fronted, works fairly well...as well as the bounce pass in tight spots..

completely agree with the catch animations though...its part of the reason the fast break game is poor right now...outlet passes arent being caught in stride, and on rare occasions when teamates are in proper position to complete a fast break...the hitch in the catching results in the defense catching up. If you look in my Wade video in the video section this is a prime example...Chalmers pocket pass is caught by Wade but he doesnt catch in stride, he does an odd back fading layup that just so happens to go in...couldve easily been contested or blocked...
Old 12-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #948
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Make sure you're using lead pass (L1 + X) to make sure they catch it in stride. Using the lead pass, I've yet to have the guys stop on the break. Double tapping X in the post will throw a bounce pass, and like 24th said, Circle will lob pass.

But if your main beef is the stopping and catching, I've yet to have a guy stop and catch it by using the lead pass. Hope that helps somewhat.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #949
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

I'll give that a try WTF. Never really tried lead passing because I almost always icon pass. I'm really trying to learn how to play well enough to like this game (you owe me one EA). Thanks again for the tip.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #950
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Directional passing is pretty well done in the game. I've had a few instances of going to the wrong guy, but 9/10 it'll go where I want it to. You'll see when you press a direction on the analog, there will be a circle light up under the guy that you're going to pass it to.

The lead passing works really well though. Give it a try and post back.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #951
Pro

OVR: 11

HOLD UP!! HOLD UP!! HOLD UP!! Let me get this straight!

This game is actually fun!?! I saw the photo thread and NBA Live 14 didnt look that bad! In fact I thought it looked pretty good!

Looked at the highlight thread and was even MORE impressed!

I thought this game got like a 1.6 rating or something like that?

I took back the "other" bball game cause I couldn't even play it (Crashing/freezing every 2 seconds) Almost DESTROYED Thanksgiving for my newphews!(we had fun with Madden, & Fifa)

I LOVE Madden 25 Next Gen, and Fifa 14 so I will buying Live TODAY!

I need my basketball fix, and my nephews are coming over for New Years Eve (so my lil bro can take his girl out). Im going to give Live an honest shot!!!

Thanks guys for sharing your impressions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #952
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I actually didn't know about lead passing...LB + pass is a little cumbersome on the fly but it's better than players about-facing when thrown the ball...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »