Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #857
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I think that eventually the judgment of a game is a very subjective thing, a game can take a very low rating, but if you enjoy playing the game you like and just what counts in the end, I personally find myself almost always agree with the comments WTF because in many ways it is a good game of basketball, obviously improved as all games.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #858
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Played a really fun game as the Clippers against the Jazz. Not gonna front, actually winning this game added to the fun factor. It's my first win in the game.

But what was fun outside of that was feeling like the Clippers were performing as they should. Had 17-14 with Chris Paul. Blake had 18-14. And Jordan had 18-8 with 6 blocks.

As I get comfortable offensively, I'm beginning to see more of the logic that is making this game a good one for me.

Just thinking to one sequence where I decided I needed to adjust my gameplan - because the Jazz had effectively rendered Paul useless with forcing me into bad shots and not letting me get to the paint - I called for a post up with DeAndre Jordan.

As Paul I move to the wing and Crawford slides to the corner. Paul feeds the ball to Jordan in the post. Quickly Crawford's defender rushes to double Jordan who isn't deep enough in the post to do anything for me.

But Crawford noticing this doesn't just simply spot up at the corner. No. Instead he sets an off-ball screen (I did not call for by the way) and Paul trades places with Crawford. With Jordan I pass to an open Paul and have the option to either bury a three with him as the defender closes in or dish back to the wing to an even more open Crawford. I take the three and "Bang!"

But seeing how aware the AI was for me in that situation was like candy.

Granted I was playing the Jazz so the assignments were less of a nuisance, but I did better defensively by not aimlessly switching to the closest defender before making sure he establishes position. I usually found myself running away from the post player in an attempt to cover him and not realizing my guy wasn't in position to bang down low.

Now I wait that extra second and switch over. Sometimes. Whenever I get the feeling the CPU is in "I'm gonna score no matter what" mode, I let them battle it out together. However chasing guys off the ball can also be just as fun so I never felt left out when doing so.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #859
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

I just played the demo, and while I believe some of you guys are right when saying that this game is far improved from the demo, I just can't purchase it. Even from recent videos, it looks a little too rough for me.

I am looking forward to Live 15, though. Hopefully there's huge improvements there so there's some legitimate competition.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 12-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #860
Pro

taruncheel's Arena

OVR: 5

Bought at GameStop the other day. Actually found a used one and had my rewards card. Played a couple of games. Still needs some animation improvements. Not a bad game at all. Will need more time to fully decide, but for now I am having fun
Old 12-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #861
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH

But Crawford noticing this doesn't just simply spot up at the corner. No. Instead he sets an off-ball screen (I did not call for by the way) and Paul trades places with Crawford. With Jordan I pass to an open Paul and have the option to either bury a three with him as the defender closes in or dish back to the wing to an even more open Crawford. I take the three and "Bang!"

But seeing how aware the AI was for me in that situation was like candy.
Welcome to the game

This is the type of stuff that I'm seeing, and that I'm in love with. The CPU teammates for both yourself and the CPU making basketball plays, that aren't called for, but needs to be done.

It takes me back to Inside Drive, with guys setting backscreens, running cuts off ball, etc.

That's one of the biggest things that I absolutely love.

There are occasions that it doesn't do it, but for the most part, the rest of your team is aware, and ready to react intelligently.

For defense, set the defensive settings for the guy that you want doubled in the post. You can manually go down of course, but if you don't, your teammates will adjust and one of them will rotate over for the double team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #862
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'll ask this again since it kind've got lost in the argument, lol

Do you guys feel you have to get too deep in the paint to trigger a layup animation?
Yep. There have been too many times where my guy just completely stops when I'm trying to drive. It throws off everything
Old 12-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #863
Rookie

OVR: 5

As far as shooting, I use the wrist flick as the release point on jump shots and free-throws. When the shooter's forearm comes up and stops you'll notice the wrist rocks back. I've found the proper release point is at the end of that backwards motion of the wrist. It happens at different speeds with different players but using that as the indicator has worked for every player
I've tried.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #864
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I can't shoot free throws. wtf am I doing wrong?

Create one fluid motion when shooting...if you still see that little hitch before you release you are releasing too late...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »