Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-28-2013, 12:50 AM   #833
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Not powerful? ..oh wow if a game like GTA or AC with amazing graphics for CG could take it im pretty sure live could have
Of course I believe it could have. That was their reasoning. It was just talk so here we are on ps4 x1. I know people are saying graphics don't matter much but nobody is spending this much on systems to look at old graphics in general.

Galaxy Note 2
Old 12-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #834
Rookie

OVR: 0

I played three games last night and got mixed results. One game I was totally blown away, in the next the gameplay left something to be desired, and in the last game I was content with the game. There are going to be highs and lows with NBA Live 14 as it's the first Live title in four years. But the game and franchise shows promise because they have several positive things going in their favor and most of all they are updating this game daily. I like when I feel a company is working to correct their mistakes. This big patch coming probably won't turn Live 14 into the greatest basketball title of all time, but in the long run a commitment to improving the quality of their title will pay off.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #835
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Of course I believe it could have. That was their reasoning. It was just talk so here we are on ps4 x1. I know people are saying graphics don't matter much but nobody is spending this much on systems to look at old graphics in general.

Galaxy Note 2
It's unfortunate they came out with ps2 graphics i played the game at a friends just a little ago its actually not as bad as people have made it out to be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #836
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Not powerful? ..oh wow if a game like GTA or AC with amazing graphics for CG could take it im pretty sure live could have
Well maybe just the on court game itself could be on past gen platforms, but the features wouldn't be able to be in there. The stuff they can add, tweak is pretty ambitious, I don't think ps3 or 360 could do any of it. The way they can go about making huge adjustments to this game leads me to think may be this might be the beginning of buy this 1 game and through ea's beloved micro transactions update it every year. It'll be like a subscription to the game and they'll charge like $30 for the update ever year.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #837
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Galaxy Note 2

The graphics are definitely a hindrance.

Not many at all will look at the game and immediately think next gen. And I get that. I think there are issues in the game that definitely don't scream next gen either.

But I will say that for those willing to look past some of those issues, I think it plays a good game of basketball. Obviously you aren't arguing that I shouldn't enjoy the game I like. I know you aren't.

I'm not sure what code or issues are bothering you, but I won't argue against it because I know there's old code that bothers me about other games, and make them unplayable for me.

Live has a long way to go to be next gen. Even those that are enjoying the title can agree with that. But I'm liking where it is now. It was easy to point the finger at EA for a poor product or no product in the past. I won't do that this year. They are moving forward.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #838
Pro

OVR: 9

I purchased NBA live 14 a couple of nights ago. I must admit that the game plays better for me than 2K just because it's simpler. I also like the fact that it seems a little slower than NBA 2K. The one thing I am not seeing in my dynasty however after four games are fouls. I've seen some boxscores from WTF and noticed that he's getting a lot of fouls I just don't know how he is getting them. Maybe he will shed a little light on that subject for me.

Other than that I'm having fun with that. I'm using the Boston Celtics which are not a great team by any stretch of the imagination. So it is been very challenging.

I would like to thank you guys who have been posting their impressions and videos of the game since this this last patch that has made it better. If it wasn't for those impressions I probably would have not tried the game.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #839
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Something that I've found that helps in drawing fouls, is that when you're in the paint, and you know the defense is coming in for the block, after pushing the layup/dunk button, press the left stick in the direction of the defender, moreso drawing contact. I don't know if it's that way by design, but just pushing the analog in the direction of the defense has allowed me to draw just as many fouls as the CPU. Also, when the guy is set up in the paint for a potential charge, make sure you press away from the defenders body, one side or the other. I think the game reads it as trying to avoid the contact, and the defender doesn't take it "square" for the charge, resulting in a block a lot of the time.

Glad to see you're enjoying it. The foul game still isn't perfect, but I'm getting more with each game. I'm starting to draw contact on jumpers, etc as well, which is always a good thing.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #840
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

I went to GameStop last night and went to pick it up and these idiotic sales people say this game is horrible and say 2k is better, blah blah blah

So I left pissed off and tried to buy Xbox gift cards with my GameStop gift cards on their site only for it to supposedly be invalid yet there's a balance on the gift cards, I think once I get done with the gift cards, I'm not doing business with them anymore, I don't need some idiots telling me what to buy, from now on I'm gonna buy my games either digitally or places like best buy where I don't have to be chastised buy numbskulls sales people

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »