Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #697
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

louie dogs, I play 12 minute quarters, on Pro/Default difficulty. I've made no changes to playbooks or otherwise.

I'm downloading the 9 minute movie from facebook, and uploading to youtube of my Spurs/Pacers 4th quarter. I've not watched it, to see what I play like, but I did pull out the win in the end.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #698
Rookie

OVR: 0

I often playing with it I realized that it is a nice game to play but a bit 'less to look at, but honestly the reviews were really too heavy I do not know if they were made before the patch but all of the votes really took that **** to me does not deserve, at the moment I'd give it a 6.5 / 7 because unfortunately graphically in so many things is not keeping up with the competition, but to someone like me who has loved nba live 10 can only say welcome back to a historical series of nba basketball
Old 12-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #699
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

so, does anyone notice that players are dribbling the ball before they shoot free throws now? watching cpu vs cpu gp between the knicks/thunder and I noticed it. wasn't in the game before
Old 12-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #700
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Yeah, the reviews that you read are well before the changes that the game has underwent. I thought upon release, the game was near unplayable. But each week that passes, they have made substantial strides under the hood to bring this title up to par.

The graphics I actually like. I wish that all players were the same level of detail. Hopefully that'll be coming with the face scans/etc. John Wall, Kyrie, etc, I really like the way they're modeled. Paul George on the other hand, needs some work. But like I said, hopefully that stuff is coming.

The game itself though, is what I'm looking for. It's a fun, competitive game of NBA basketball. It doesn't feel scripted, it feels natural. I can handle getting my behind handed to me, but I want it to be fair. This game has that detail nailed in my opinion.

I'll be posting a few clips hopefully shortly.

Here's one:

I love that seemless transition from dribble to jumper. It just feels really good in game.

Last edited by WTF; 12-24-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #701
Rookie

OVR: 0

I did not mean graphically players (in my opinion anyway improvable) but some of the movements that I think are poorly made, in particular blocks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #702
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

CAUTION, MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS of FINALS PRESENTATION

Here's a video of the last 3 minutes or so of my game against the Spurs. You'll see them take quick shots trying to get back in the game, their last 3 timeouts, fouls both intentional and non. Also, for those that don't want to see the Championship celebration (minus trophy presentation) cut the video at 6:46!

But yeah louie dogs, some of the animations leave a little to be desired, but they are improving them. I saw 2-3 new ones today during my playtime as well.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #703
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Reviews definitely are all before patch. It has improved significantly since launch
Old 12-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #704
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This is something that definitely needs to be toward the top of the patch list:

http://youtu.be/wDQ2h8P6-Cg

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »